The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi @broken monkey 

Just to reassure you that, should you choose to pitch up to the Ridge and Furrow around 6pm on the Wednesday, you will meet loads of people from the forum, all of whom are there simply to get together and have a fun few hours to begin the festival. It's smashing. There will be no silly nonsense. Please do come. 

Ben

Thanks Ben, this is great to hear. 

Looking forward to the meet! 👍🏻

36 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

People meeting at the R&F isn’t anything to do with this website, which is the extent of your personal fiefdom 🤷‍♂️ 

Unless you’re suggesting you have authority over where people go and who they are inside the fence? 

People are allowed to meet wherever. But forum meets at ridge and furrow that day and time is absolutely due to this website.

21 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi @broken monkey 

Just to reassure you that, should you choose to pitch up to the Ridge and Furrow around 6pm on the Wednesday, you will meet loads of people from the forum, all of whom are there simply to get together and have a fun few hours to begin the festival. It's smashing. There will be no silly nonsense. Please do come. 

Ben

I'll be there as usual, to hug it out with Dr Ben 🥰

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

if i made a post that implied I'm involved in the running of Tesco's, mr Tesco would have a right to be pissed off especially if he'd asked me previously not to do that..

So far off the mark about @Crazyfool01 this actually made me laugh. At no point would anyone think Mr Crazyfool01 is running this site, you make it clear that it is you, often. Comparing a Tesco conference to a community meet up is just weird, doubt Mr Tesco would mind people setting up a local social event. Thing is, I thought you had tried to be a community here, maybe not.

Most folk know that the meet up is on a Wednesday, why you need to be so precise just seems weird.

To just quote something from your site - "Experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round"

Hope you all have a great meet and festival! Sadly I'm not there this year but if I was I'd absolutely go to this. This website has brought people together and that's where it ends. After that, it's just friends meeting up and enjoying a social.

The sourness and bitterness of a former owner is quite shocking and their behaviour is not acceptable. Let's hope they are able to move on and find peace without purposely trying to hurt others.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi @broken monkey 

Ben

Out of upvotes but 100% this

14 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

So far off the mark about @Crazyfool01 this actually made me laugh. At no point would anyone think Mr Crazyfool01 is running this site, you make it clear that it is you, often. Comparing a Tesco conference to a community meet up is just weird, doubt Mr Tesco would mind people setting up a local social event. Thing is, I thought you had tried to be a community here, maybe not.

Most folk know that the meet up is on a Wednesday, why you need to be so precise just seems weird.

To just quote something from your site - "Experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round"

The spirit of Glastonbury is not what some imagine it to be.

6 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Hope you all have a great meet and festival! Sadly I'm not there this year but if I was I'd absolutely go to this. This website has brought people together and that's where it ends. After that, it's just friends meeting up and enjoying a social.

The sourness and bitterness of a former owner is quite shocking and their behaviour is not acceptable. Let's hope they are able to move on and find peace without purposely trying to hurt others.

None of the madness on here has affected me personally so have steered clear over the last 18 months. Even renewed Gold last week as a show of loyalty. 

Its just so mean spirited Neil and to be frank, pathetic. It feels like anyone left on here prepared to cut you some slack you just want to completely piss off and alienate at the 11th hour.

Just no need for such childish pettiness. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'll move on and not purposely lay claim to brands ive no rights to.

17 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

The photos of the two of us from 2022 are my favourites for that festival. I did appreciate your strength being able to literally pick me up 😂

14 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

None of the madness on here has affected me personally so have steered clear over the last 18 months. Even renewed Gold last week as a show of loyalty. 

Its just so mean spirited Neil and to be frank, pathetic. It feels like anyone left on here prepared to cut you some slack you just want to completely piss off and alienate at the 11th hour.

Just no need for such childish pettiness. 

I wrote something the other day about Neils legacy of the efestivals forum and i meant it. I didn’t directly mention the petty minded and offensive ways that Neil has gone about his management, i think I referred to the way he manages to ditch his clients if he thinks they are unhelpful to efests. This is nothing to do with that, this is offensive, child like and damm wrong.  Ben said it above, how people who post here are in the vast majority lovely people. Neil just leave them be and go.

Tbf, I've thought about turning up to these meets before as a long time lurker going back over a decade, but always felt like it was only for guys with 20k plus messages or people who had met up previously or knew each other from the threads a long time. I nearly went to it back in 2014, but chickened out, lol. Altho I thought that one was in the Park? Or has it changed places?

This thread isn't helping me warm to the idea though...

Do lots of unknowns turn up each year? Or is it mostly long term friends etc?

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

could the new site owner please DM me thanks as I cant find an email .

The new owner may quickly find this website to be a very poor investment unless they rid it of the toxic environment it's become (in certain areas). Absolutely terrible treatment of a genuine guy and loyal contributor to this forum for a number of years. Anyone who knows you appreciates what this place means to you and it's a real shame that appreciation clearly isn't reciprocated. Hopefully the new owner (if they exist) will do so, and realise that the future success of their investment depends upon people like you.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Tbf, I've thought about turning up to these meets before as a long time lurker going back over a decade, but always felt like it was only for guys with 20k plus messages or people who had met up previously or knew each other from the threads a long time. I nearly went to it back in 2014, but chickened out, lol. Altho I thought that one was in the Park? Or has it changed places?

absolutely everyone welcome . ive had people with not many  posts and lurkers approach me at the meet , its for everyone just like the virtual meets we setup and continue to invite new people in ... the same will exist with the crazy fool meet 

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

i went for the first time last year (with slightly less posts to my name - half are probably from other boards mind you) and there's definitely lots of people who know each other but also there were some other first timers 🙂 theres a good number of people too, its not just people with 10k+ posts haha

you have nothing to be worried about - although i think i'd be most concerned about having a name badge that says 'megatronic meat wagon' haha

but seriously come along

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Don't ever remember it being at the Park and I'm sure the meet up was at the Ridge and Furrow in 2014. It always used to be at the  Cider Bus but it got too busy and it was difficult to all meet up so it changed in about 2013 I think.

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yes, turn up. It's all good, we are at Glastonbury and it has always been a lovely meet. Plenty of different folk turn up. It's all about meeting people. Just wear speedos 😃