The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

oh, thats nothing, but he did choose to create it, he's been asked several times to not lay claim to the efestivals name. but did it again anyway.

No he didn’t. 

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

oh, thats nothing, but he did choose to create it, he's been asked several times to not lay claim to the efestivals name. but did it again anyway.

Posting the details of a meet, which is always sane time same place, does not constitute “laying claim to the eFests brand”. You’re lucky there are people like him who remain loyal to an increasingly toxic “brand”. 

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

'people like you did', what don't you understand there???????????

That's not what you said though, you said:

"I wouldn't want to organise one cos people like you might come you always did."

If you'd meant it like that you should have said:

"I wouldn't want to organise one cos people like you might come they always did."

Just now, Neil said:

first efests meet was '98, i got the year wrong, i've been using the internet since '85

Before Tim came along with HTML and HTTP... That's impressive!!!!

Are you sure that wasn't ARPANET 🤣

I've been using ARPANET since 1969... Even got upgrade to a faster umbilical cord connection in the early 80s!!! 🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

first efests meet was '98, i got the year wrong, i've been using the internet since '85

7 years before the first UK ISP? 

Just now, Alvoram said:

Before Tim came along with HTML and HTTP... That's impressive!!!!

Are you sure that wasn't ARPANET 🤣

I've been using ARPANET since 1969... Even got upgrade to a faster umbilical cord connection in the early 80s!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I first logged on in 1954 using the WiFi at the Baseball Ground. 

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

Yeah, but I think the intention was using the term 'eFests Meet' as in 'users/people of eFests', as opposed to eFests the brand/company. That's how I read it anyway.

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, but I think the intention was using the term 'eFests Meet' as in 'users/people of eFests', as opposed to eFests the brand/company. That's how I read it anyway.

I’m going to use it in the brand name sense. Do some butt plugs with a dancing man on. 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

I first logged on in 1954 using the WiFi at the Baseball Ground. 

🤣🤣🤣

Was that with their old cup and string connection that they had? 

(I Never saw it in it's heyday, all seater by the time I got to visit... My Dad's house literally close enough to sing along though! Princess Street. Still incredible memories though! Thanks)

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's exactly what he meant. He's essentially being accused of organising a meet for his own interests using the eFests brand. And anyone who knows @Crazyfool01 will tell you that he did it solely to promote the harmony of a community that he feels very proud to be part of. Nothing else. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Please do feel free to come along. There may be sticker badges so you can see who you are with or near, but that doesn't mean you have to only speak to certain people. I've met new people there, and existing friends. The only stress I've known there is in my head (neuro diversity, crowds & not being able to read people), not aggro from people.

Ok, there is group banter from what people have posted here over weeks or years, but the other end of the spectrum is where a group of my friends met on this forum and arranged to camp together as they were all singles / not in groups, and the friendship flourished.

And if you don't want to go, that's obvs fine too 👍🏻.

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate all the encouragement 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That's exactly what he meant. He's essentially being accused of organising a meet for his own interests using the eFests brand. And anyone who knows @Crazyfool01 will tell you that he did it solely to promote the harmony of a community that he feels very proud to be part of. Nothing else. 

Again out of upvotes but 100% agree.

He's essentially being accused of organising a meet for his own interests using the eFests brand

its the sort of self-promotion these forum's has always discouraged as that's the pathway to forum death.

Of course it is. That’s obvious to everybody! It’s exactly the same as the efest workers meet up thread that doesn’t appear to have received the same response from Neil. I’m not suggesting it should either! 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

its the sort of self-promotion these forum's has always discouraged as that's the pathway to forum death.

Well now it’s self-promotion as its crazyfools meet up! Before you changed the name it was efests promotion. 

Just now, stuie said:

Of course it is. That’s obvious to everybody! It’s exactly the same as the efest workers meet up thread that doesn’t appear to have received the same response from Neil. I’m not suggesting it should either! 

that's a first time offence,i presume, whereas crzyfool loves it to be all about him, shame he didn't have the bottle to buy the website and the name if he wanted to use it.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

yhou're back for more trolling and to stink the place out again, i see, its all you have.

Just now, Neil said:

that's a first time offence,i presume, whereas crzyfool loves it to be all about him, shame he didn't have the bottle to buy the website and the name if he wanted to use it.

i didnt have the money neil which is the answer I gave you ....  shame really  .  id have loved to give it a go . 

4 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Iggy. This website seems fucked. Have you tried turning it off and on again? 

i trurn ed it off and on again, quite a few times when the users fucked it by wanting control but not the costs, work, responsibility or abuse.

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Tbf, I've thought about turning up to these meets before as a long time lurker going back over a decade, but always felt like it was only for guys with 20k plus messages or people who had met up previously or knew each other from the threads a long time. I nearly went to it back in 2014, but chickened out, lol. Altho I thought that one was in the Park? Or has it changed places?

This thread isn't helping me warm to the idea though...

Do lots of unknowns turn up each year? Or is it mostly long term friends etc?

Ive been twice, as well as to an efestivals meet up at Boomtown. All three have been great 🙂

1 minute ago, Neil said:

You have absolutely no idea what this community means to that guy. You can rightly be proud to be the owner of the platform that allowed the community to become what it is, but to seemingly turn on someone who appreciates this place so much that he volunteered to assist you and to try and help restore it to the vibrant place it once was, is so unfathomable, it's beyond parody. 

I have to say, some of you regulars that know Alex well have stayed awfully quiet on this subject. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1