The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

On 5/14/2023 at 6:58 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Do lots of unknowns turn up each year? Or is it mostly long term friends etc?

I'd be an unknown but it's highly likely I'll be on shift at the time.

Also TBH, early evening "piss-ups" really aren't my thing. Although if I'm free I'll probably pop by.

Much more interested in a post midnight Maceos crew meet.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

I'd be an unknown but it's highly likely I'll be on shift at the time.

Also TBH, early evening "piss-ups" really aren't my thing. Although if I'm free I'll probably pop by.

Much more interested in a post midnight Maceos crew meet.

This isn't open to everyone though is it? I'm quite able to wear a hi-vis though if need be.

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

This isn't open to everyone though is it? I'm quite able to wear a hi-vis though if need be.

It’s an open bar in an open field come along and bring mates if you want . Although they might find the name badges a bit odd 🙂 

Just now, maelzoid said:

What would that involve? Potentially I’d be happy to help, but contingent on coach arrival time which is tbc.

Just having a pen and some sticky labels and writing peoples names as they ask for them … maybe wearing something to identify you as the labeller . 

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Maceos is theoretically crew only, but they do have a limited number of their own wristbands which crew can give to non-crew mates.

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s an open bar in an open field come along and bring mates if you want . Although they might find the name badges a bit odd 🙂 

TBH i'll find the name badges a bit odd. It'd be more fun IMO to try to work out who you're talking to.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just having a pen and some sticky labels and writing peoples names as they ask for them … maybe wearing something to identify you as the labeller . 

I think I could do that. Let’s see what See Coaches say about when I’ll be arriving before I confirm.

On 5/15/2023 at 12:41 PM, Keithy said:

I don’t post much on here any more and not doing GF23. Sad to see @Neil stepping back, he was incredibly helpful to me when setting up a solo camping group and creating an off forum area to sort out the details and exchange information. Without his help back in 2013, I wouldn’t have the friends etc I have now.

Part of my lack of posting in the last few years has been the trolling and spam which for a while made this place unreadable and I can imagine that is a right pain for an owner to deal with and tbh I probably too would have got ban heavy after a while. As Iggy said, keeping a website like this going for 20+ years is no mean feat and he must have been doing something right. Preventing forums descending into cliques, tiresome in jokes, admins more interested in their status than their role takes a lot of work. Certainly in the last few years there’s been an influx of attention seeking twattery from posters.

Whatever has gone on in the last couple of years, it’s not nice to see people bringing up the private matter of his health.

Wish Iggy well with taking it all forward. Hopefully this isn’t a case of the supporter base wanting the old board out and embracing the new board as the messiah and it all turning out much worse. For every successful takeover, there’s always an Everton and Moshiri car crash.

✌️

I can relate to that. I run a football forum and in the last year due to certain things happening with the club its for its become toxic and caused me no end of stress for months, in the end I had to cut ties with some long term members to return the forum to a place where people felt safe and comfortable posting. Another forum has since arisen but we live now as separate forums with a happy medium. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thanks! Altho, I was asking Skip about the Maceos crew bar!

I'll def be at the eFests meet up, wearing my nametag proudly... after I've plucked up the courage with a few ciders 😄 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Maceos is theoretically crew only, but they do have a limited number of their own wristbands which crew can give to non-crew mates.

If one of these wristbands happened to get lost around Bushy Ground or dreading.masts.dote, that'd be amazing 😅

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Is anyone feeling like they might be too nervous to attend ? 

Always. And I've been to the meet 3 times and met quite a few ppl IRL outside of Glastonbury. 

So anyone else who is, it's standard!

• Upvote 1