Arcadia 2023

stuie

3 minutes ago, hjwright said:

Skepta and skream b2b ipc for me, nothing much else there for me.

disappointing year for djs but I’ll still have a blast so who gives a fook?

starting to get worried about the lack of Carl cox on any lineup - hopefully glade comes through for a Saturday disco set.

All personal taste of course but there’s about 30-40 DJs already I’d love to see!

Who were you hoping for/what kind of DJs do you like? 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Cba checking but didn't the Shangri-la La poster mention that the bug was there (for some of the time.....?)

It was down there Thursday night last year, and seems to be again this year too. But checking back to last years lineup I don’t think any of the bug acts made the poster anyway.

12 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

Are The Chem Brothers likely to do a live set anywhere or is this their lot this year?

No space for a live set unless QOTSA bail

Bit weak vs last year imo but happy enough

4 minutes ago, t0paz said:

I wonder if there are any TBAs? If this is to cover the Spider and the Bug, assuming the Bug is still a stage in its own right, this seems a bit light on acts?

There's 17 acts on this poster and last year, arcadia had 16 acts on it so it seems about right.  

Hopefully there'll be a surprise addition or two but I'm not holding my breath.  It does feel a  bit of a weaker line up compared to previous years but it's par for the course for glastonbury - and festivals in general this year

9 minutes ago, LS-Charlton said:

Anyone else feel like this year the festival has gone double heavy with drum and bass and baseline? A hopeful thought of mine is that they announce Carl Cox, Jamie Jones, Patrick Topping etc at The Glade but overall I’m incredibly disappointed. 

That being said I am looking forward to Más Tiempo

For sure mate. With the announcements so far bar the Friday at the Levels in SH, it seems to be very heavy on the D+B side. I’m hoping that the line ups across San Remo and the Glade eventually balance this out, and once it’s all said and done line up wise it looks fairly even across the board.

A Paradise/Elrow takeover one day in one of the remaining areas to be announced would be amazing.

• Like 1

Pretty weak for me. I love electronic music and I’m sure I’ll be there for one night but was hoping for one big surprise. I’ve seen Chems so many times live that a DJ set doesn’t seem very exiting, different if you’ve never seen them I guess. FP & Daphni would probs be my pick if I had to do one

16 minutes ago, LS-Charlton said:

Anyone else feel like this year the festival has gone double heavy with drum and bass and baseline? A hopeful thought of mine is that they announce Carl Cox, Jamie Jones, Patrick Topping etc at The Glade but overall I’m incredibly disappointed. 

That being said I am looking forward to Más Tiempo

Yeah, it feels like an 80% D&B festival which is much more than last year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

What kind of set will Skepta be doing? Assuming it’s not live and it’s a DJ set

It’ll be house, look at mas tempo clips on YouTube if you want an idea. He’s done a couple of sets like this now - Ibiza and recently London a couple of times.

I have a question, as I don't really get to watch many DJ sets throughout the year... do they have a standard kind of set list for a set like arcadia or will they just go rogue? Whenever I make the effort to see DJs I like at festivals they end up doing a load of random stuff and it's not what I expect. What am I missing?

Like...Shy FX has some of my favourite songs of ALL TIME up his sleeve. But how likely is it that he's gonna actually do them...? I wanna hear the bangers!!

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I have a question, as I don't really get to watch many DJ sets throughout the year... do they have a standard kind of set list for a set like arcadia or will they just go rogue? Whenever I make the effort to see DJs I like at festivals they end up doing a load of random stuff and it's not what I expect. What am I missing?

Like...Shy FX has some of my favourite songs of ALL TIME up his sleeve. But how likely is it that he's gonna actually do them...? I wanna hear the bangers!!

Unlike bands, which will have a pretty much standardised set for the whole of their tour, you'll never get a repeat set with djs. Shy fx will play a mixture of this more mainstream songs as well as some more obscure ones. Dw you'll defo hear a few of the bangers you know im sure

Are we thinking an exact copy of last year for chems in terms of the time (23.00-1.00 on friday night) as theyve already confirmed for friday now. Hope fatboy and arctics pull a load of people away so i can get right under that spidey

27 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Unlike bands, which will have a pretty much standardised set for the whole of their tour, you'll never get a repeat set with djs. Shy fx will play a mixture of this more mainstream songs as well as some more obscure ones. Dw you'll defo hear a few of the bangers you know im sure

That's kind of what I thought... don't with get me wrong, I love his style and I'm sure I'll love whatever he does. But with the bangers it becomes an UNMISSABLE set for me. But without the bangers, it's just a set I'd quite like to see if I can (if that makes sense 🤣

32 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Are we thinking an exact copy of last year for chems in terms of the time (23.00-1.00 on friday night) as theyve already confirmed for friday now. Hope fatboy and arctics pull a load of people away so i can get right under that spidey

I reckon so to be honest, for the sake of crowd control above all else. It was packed that night even without them playing and like groove armada instead who are much smaller.

---

I swear there isn't even that much DNB? Surely it will just fill one night as it does most years

53 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Pretty weak for me. I love electronic music and I’m sure I’ll be there for one night but was hoping for one big surprise. I’ve seen Chems so many times live that a DJ set doesn’t seem very exiting, different if you’ve never seen them I guess. FP & Daphni would probs be my pick if I had to do one

Their DJ sets are completely different from the live show though and worthy of going to see in their own right - especially if you've seen them live so many times (I've seen them live 10+ times and DJ twice, DJ set is now more interesting to me!)

7 minutes ago, El Matador said:

You clearly haven't seen fatboy slim 

Chems were actually doing the same DJ set in 2021 for each show and for all 2022 shows. They only had like 4 shows though and they were all 3 hour sets - mostly in different countries so understandable.

This should be completely different and full of new tunes 🙂 

Just now, LS-Charlton said:

When looking at all the stages as a whole there’s appears to be loads and there’s nothing really to cater for those more into House and Tech currently. In my opinion anyway 

Block9, San Remo and Stonebridge are all still to come

We've just had the dnb areas first this year - block9 is the main techno one and its always quite late

(what you quoted i meant was just for arcadia, it usually has a dnb day then 2 non dnb ones)