The Park 2023

stuie

3 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

The font sizes are different and not in alphabetical order

Hmmm sounds conclusive I guess. Aaah well, more chance of seeing them? Although inevitably clashing somehow with Young Fathers on WH due to the misalignment of set times on The Park. 

1 minute ago, GetGorgeForGlasto said:

I was actually looking forward to we’re Phoenix, alt J and Elton so to have all 3 clashing is making me really disappointed:/

One of the main issues with bringing someone the size of Elton in is that it leads to an insane demand to see him, leading to a lot of big boys being on at the same time to quell the masses. Slightly frustrating that those three, as well as QOTSA, all clash considering there isn't exactly a huge plethora of artists I'm excited for through the entire lineup

1 minute ago, JayDiesel said:

One of the main issues with bringing someone the size of Elton in is that it leads to an insane demand to see him

Can’t help but think they’re pissing in the wind there.

Would there realistically be a bigger crowd than there was for Dolly Parton anyway

Edited by Twiggy553

1 minute ago, Twiggy553 said:

Can’t help but think they’re pissing in the wind there.

Would there realistically be a bigger crowd than there was for Dolly Parton anyway

I agree, Macca last year had half of Earth there, versus *checks notes*, Megan Thee Stallion, Jamie-T, and Roison Murphy.

Very, very frustrating, I can't lie

Just now, GetGorgeForGlasto said:

Yeah the issue is I feel like they both pull very similar crowds… not sure what the decision to have them on at the same time to try and pull people from Reg is all about…

I don't think trying to pull people away from Elton has factored into any thinking at all. He'll be busy regardless. If they really wanted ro split up the crowd they'd put someone like Fred Again or Lizzo up against him.

• Upvote 1

Oh Boy that Stonebridge lineup is amazing. Gonna be Ramos! That Park lineup looks really good for me, I'll definitely try and spend some time there. Not sure why everyone thinks all the stages are in day splits/order. That never happens.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think trying to pull people away from Elton has factored into any thinking at all. He'll be busy regardless. If they really wanted ro split up the crowd they'd put someone like Fred Again or Lizzo up against him.

Agreed. I feel like the Sat night is going to be more split with GnR/Lana/Fatboy and CATQ. 

Hoping that Confidence Man have a proper set on The Other rather than just this as the only appearance. 

Also, Stonebridge always has ace line ups, but it's impossible to get into unless you arrive hours early, shame. 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Hoping that Confidence Man have a proper set on The Other rather than just this as the only appearance. 

Also, Stonebridge always has ace line ups, but it's impossible to get into unless you arrive hours early, shame. 

did they get a bigger tent last year or did I imagine that ? if they didnt I hope they have this year