The Glade lineup - 2023

ghostdancer1

wish it was System7 rather than Steve Hillage band.

to be honest i'd never actually heard anything by SHB so i've spent a bit of time listening to a few albums today (Green, L, Fish Rising) and unfortunately its really not doing anything for me.

some of the best sets i have EVER seen at the festival was System7 - whatever year it was that had the "sprit of '71 stage" was freaking awesome.

Edited by -TLR-
spelling

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I keep meaning to see them and missing them, maybe this is the year!

They are incredible!

And they are gonna smash this! 🙂 

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I've only seen them once, and that was in Oxford last year.....very good!

14 piece with DJs, MCs and live instruments....

Just 12 now for this tour and album but I don't know who's gone. 

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Another solid announcement. Hopefully pop in for something clash dependent. I love the glade spirit without necessarily knowing all the people playing. 

That's how I see it too. It's great under the trees, a lovely stop off, a place that I feel benefits from the buzz of the location and set up as much as the music. Plenty for me to see from that poster already tho.

Hopefully works out kind with set times.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It's great under the trees, a lovely stop off, a place that I feel benefits from the buzz of the location and set up as much as the music

It's one of those places that I can never walk past without getting drawn in for a song or two

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

Surprised that Stanton Warriors aren't on there as historically they very often played there - they've confirmed on Facebook that they're attending. Trying to think what other stage they could play!

I think hey will be on at the rave tree, they have been there the past few years 

jungle is not massive

7 minutes ago, hannahlmoore said:

So is the main stage going to be like the one under the trees, and the Dome is the new one?

Pretty sure it's the other way round, the Dome is the "old Glade" in amongst the trees and the Glade Stage is the new one where Spaceport etc. used to be

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Funky House. My mate went and said he was good.

K-Klass have confirmed that they are playing with the full band. Not a DJ Set. 

Ahhh. Mega. Thanks for the K-Klass info. I might have missed it just for a DJ set. Hands in the air 90s house vibes. Lovely. 

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

The actual singer Loleatta Holloway past away in 2011 😭 I think Celestine Walcott was just they're to mime for the vids i think

Loleatta Holloway wasn't on 'Ride on Time'. The original version of the song featured an unlicensed sample from 'Love Sensation' but the version everyone is familiar is an imitation by Heather Small of M People.

Edited by squareheadz

5 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

Loleatta Holloway wasn't on 'Ride on Time'. The original version of the song featured an unlicensed sample from 'Love Sensation' but the version everyone is familiar is an imitation by Heather Small of M People.

That's weird because the version I only know was the sample of loleatts Holloway's voice and the Italian model used for the vids just mimed...I read a article about it a few months about when I was making my house classics play list 🤣