Block 9 lineup

Joshuwarr

20 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

She was, but it was too damn quiet (it was Thursday...) and the sound on the Bus is...well, it's pretty ordinary, compared to the Big Green Monster™️

Will look to see her on Wow, rather than a return to the Bus, I think.

Ben

When on Thursday was that? we were there from about 1 until close and had a great time despite the sound not being the best 

5 minutes ago, Nerraw2525 said:

What's the story with the stages in Block 9? 

Is it the case that you queue to get into all of them or just the Downlow?

No queue for iicon or genosys, they're just open fields with the 'stages' at the front. Though you may have to queue to get in the SE corner.

You need to queue for the downlow, the meat rack is a smaller room inside the downlow if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Generally I've found I've not had to queue once to get into the SE Corner since maybe like 2016/17? Maybe just been lucky but definitely feels like they've found a system that works for the area

Same, I haven't queued since 2017 and we always go right after the headliners.

I don't think it's a coincidence that iicon is the first field you get to in the one way system and is absolutely massive. It seems to help absorb a lot of people. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Generally I've found I've not had to queue once to get into the SE Corner since maybe like 2016/17? Maybe just been lucky but definitely feels like they've found a system that works for the area

Yep, same for me getting in.

IICON area is huge, so allows for a good flow of people in. Usually gets very busy/wedged once you get to Shangri-la though.

Edited by TheDayman

1 hour ago, Nerraw2525 said:

What's the story with the stages in Block 9? 

Is it the case that you queue to get into all of them or just the Downlow?

Just Downlow, the only other one in SE corner with a queue is Temple. 

To leave block 9  and get into Shangri-la it's one-way, with usually a little wait at peak times (no more than 5 in my experience) as they let flows of people through into that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

I love this mix, eh divides opinion though. playing shaggy and the venga boys is right up my street

Yeah, same. I literally just got back from home from picking the kids up and listened to the bit from when I timestamped it to until just after the Venga Boys. I know it's mega cheesy, but I just don't care 😅

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I prefer the bus to the mutant tree.  Saw Cerrone on the latter and it was the quietest thing I've ever heard. Spent two nights at the bus last year - including Sedaf Adasi - and had no issues whatsoever with the wattage.

I was pretty close in & had no issues sound wise with the sound, but if I moved a bit it wasnt great... so I stopped where I was.