The churnups

a6l6e6x

7 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

Can we read anything into the fact that on the efestivals line up and rumour page, Pulp are still down as a STRONG RUMOUR but Foo Fighters aren’t even mentioned?

Case closed. Neil knows!

Neil also refused to believe GnR were headlining for 2 months lol

1 minute ago, Marvin S said:

Neil also refused to believe GnR were headlining for 2 months lol

It's the shittest booking Glastonbury have ever made.i didn't believe that they'd sink that low.

1 minute ago, Cream Soda said:

Could say the same about any act

True. My point is that all this subterfuge has been deliberately orchestrated to generate wild speculation....which suggests a totally unexpected act of some note. 

They wouldn't do that for Florence...talented though as she is. 

the people in the Glastonbury office are wetting themselves right now, patting whoever came up with the name the Churn ups, on their back. 

saying wait till they see it is  a Rolf Harris tribute show 

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

It's not a great booking no. But they have had Coldplay 3 separate times so hardly the worst one ever. 

Much worse.people still want to see Coldplay.

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

the people in the Glastonbury office are wetting themselves right now, patting whoever came up with the name the Churn ups, on their back. 

saying wait till they see it is  a Rolf Harris tribute show 

That's the fear. This has the legs to backfire massively on Emily & Co 😬

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

It's the shittest booking Glastonbury have ever made.i didn't believe that they'd sink that low.

I mean fair enough if you don't like them, not sure why its 'sinking low' though

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Levitz said:

I mean fair enough if you don't like them, not sure why its 'sinking low' though

I like them, but GnR haven't done much in 30+ years.  If they were headlining when they first came back (2016/2017) - it would be an event. Like them or not, some people were waiting for them. Those people have seen them now... 6 or 7 years ago.

This is an act that haven't been relevant in 30 years - did a comeback 6 or 7 years ago, brought no new music out since and will do the same set as they have for the last 7 years. (They might lob a cover in with a guest)

And I like their stuff - but it is a very tired booking. I saw them in 2017. I wont be bothering on the farm

16 minutes ago, Levitz said:

i don't like them, but its not about that, its a dreadful booking which even plenty who like them have been prepared to admit, if we just go along sucking it up geroupthunk-styleee standards drop quickly, just look at politics for an example of that.

• Downvote 1

GNR don't need to do anything relevant any more, as they have cemented their place as all time icons. They're just a straight, instant headliner without question. See also Springsteen, U2, The Cure, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, Metallica, The Who, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, The Rolling Stones, et al.

I swear according to some people on this forum, an artist is only a good booking if Capital FM play them on repeat all day long.

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

I swear according to some people on this forum, an artist is only a good booking if Capital FM play them on repeat all day long.

and according to some people on this forum, the spice girls and take that would be fantastic bookings.