The churnups

a6l6e6x

8 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Won’t the act be common knowledge sometime before they’re due on the Pyramid stage, so whoever it is will have the right audience. 

I say this as I can’t recall one of the big secret Glastonbury sets being a total surprise on the day. Something always happens to reveal the act (I think I’m right in saying?)

Surely there will be an obvious hint in the Glastonbury Free Press given its the Pyramid. I'm sure the Killers were trailed.....

1 hour ago, incident said:

Remember that 2011 was before Radiohead sh*t the bed. Once you factor that in, it's about the same level.

I guess it may be personal level. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I'm in the space where if its Pulp or Foo's I'll be happy. 

Would rather it be Pulp as I've not seen them yet. 

I definitely want Pulp. Don't really need Foo Fighters again yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Levitz said:

Surely there will be an obvious hint in the Glastonbury Free Press given its the Pyramid. I'm sure the Killers were trailed.....

A friend on site told us about the Killers, I can’t remember when exactly, I think it was at least several hours before. Several of us chose to go in real early.

23 minutes ago, gfa said:

I really don't think people will think its the 1975, not even heard this rumour anywhere till now

the name Churnups doesn't exactly scream 1975 to me...

The only 'rumour' around 1975 is that they're free that weekend and people here think they should play. That's it and could be said about a lot of acts. 

14 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

A friend on site told us about the Killers, I can’t remember when exactly, I think it was at least several hours before. Several of us chose to go in real early.

We were 99% sure it was the Killers a day before hence getting there 90 mins before they were due to start. I can’t remember how we knew but I don’t look at twitter during the festival, it just seemed to be common knowledge by that point. Same with the Libertines in whatever year that was (14?) I don’t think many people were actually surprised when that stated. We will know for sure on the day if not long before 

3 minutes ago, Barneym said:

We were 99% sure it was the Killers a day before hence getting there 90 mins before they were due to start. I can’t remember how we knew but I don’t look at twitter during the festival, it just seemed to be common knowledge by that point. Same with the Libertines in whatever year that was (14?) I don’t think many people were actually surprised when that stated. We will know for sure on the day if not long before 

I had it confirmed that morning when the killers tour bus pulled up beside my friends van in the jp parking area ...... however I think it was pretty well known before that 

18 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Praying it's The 1975 now, partially because they're one of my favourite bands but also because the reactions here would be too funny. They seem to boil piss around these parts more than any other act. 

Imagine wanting an act to play just to piss of people you don't know. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I really don't think people will think its the 1975, not even heard this rumour anywhere till now

the name Churnups doesn't exactly scream 1975 to me...

Not saying them specifically, more an example of something that the younger people might think it'll be, but only if it pushes to not knowing on the day. Hopefully we know to avoid that scenario of a bunch of people expecting someone newer

23 minutes ago, DYRTFT said:

Typical 1975 fan attitude. They’re mostly teenage girls so can’t be too harsh on them. 

12 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Urmmm did you read the first part when I said they were one of my favourite bands? The fact people like you will have a meltdown if they play is just gravy on top! 

I'm a fan of them :). Just don't need them to play and would much rather Pulp. I also can't see them playing this slot as there's nothing really linking them. But good to show your colours. 

55 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The only 'rumour' around 1975 is that they're free that weekend and people here think they should play. That's it and could be said about a lot of acts. 

so about as likely as Pulp then haha

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm a fan of them :). Just don't need them to play and would much rather Pulp. I also can't see them playing this slot as there's nothing really linking them. But good to show your colours. 

I agree, they won't play this year. Reasonable shout to headline next year I think though. Hope you get Pulp in that slot 🙂

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

so about as likely as Pulp then haha

Along with the 'churn into a pulp' thing and that Jarvis has a good relationship with the festival plays most years has said he goes as a punter if he doesn't play and that they've done secret slots before and are playing other UK festivals which might be due to contractual reasons(which I guess 1975 is doing a few shows that could be the same)