The churnups

a6l6e6x

Alright, well that's all cleared up then. Really torn on the whole thing. Kinda glad in a way, considering I was really hoping for Pulp. Can get over it now and move on. But also, it was fun discussing all the theories and detective work. An actual big billed secret set on one of the main stages.

Still, Pulp for Park Stage opposite Lizzo on tho?

*Pops over to the "overcrowding 2023" thread to read all the comments about the crowd movement from Foos>Fred>Arctics*

It's highly likely they play a set full of their new album as well right? Interspersed with hits of course, but it's going to be 50/50, surely? Having just released an album and playing a non-headliner slot... 

Now I'm torn to see them because I missed them in 2017 and not got much else on at that time... but I can't really arsed to listen to their new album on the Pyramid. It's hits or nothing!

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Really? I genuinely would be interested in that. Saw some YouTube clips and they sounded great.

Just watch The Smyths

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'm personally over the moon!! Seeing Pulp at Latitude but I've never seen Foos. Buzzing 😊

I like both, but Foos are without a doubt a globally bigger band than Pulp...playing third down?! It's absolutely brilliant for the festival!

I wanted Pulp but on reflection I am seeing them in Sheffield. Think they'll be there though.

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

They must have had to wait for Rock am ring to be over 

Guessing so, I was going to go to RAR at one point too for other bands but FF certainly made it more an option.

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

It's highly likely they play a set full of their new album as well right? Interspersed with hits of course, but it's going to be 50/50, surely? Having just released an album and playing a non-headliner slot... 

Now I'm torn to see them because I missed them in 2017 and not got much else on at that time... but I can't really arsed to listen to their new album on the Pyramid. It's hits or nothing!

Nah, Dave’s not stupid and Foos have always stuck to the hits (even to their detriment at times). I’d expect three or four from the new album (Rescued, Under You and then one or two album tracks) and then the rest will be your standard hit fest - Monkey Wrench, Everlong, My Hero, Best of You, The Pretender, All My Life, Times Like These etc…

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That set is gonna be insane. Like, Pulp obviously would’ve been ace and I know a lot of people are disappointed it’s not them, but Foos, in the middle of the day, on the Pyramid?! Crowd is gonna be ginormous and having an absolute rager. Feel sorry for the acts on across the rest of the site. 

Courteeners will be absolutely dead 

As I've said before. I'm a huge fan of both and have not seen Pulp before. The fact its Foo's is insane. What an incredibly get for the festival. The people moaning are probably the ones who say the line up looks weak this year compared to before. The fact that Dave is being put in the Chris Martin conversation is hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I dunno. Foos do very well with a lot of demographics. Even in the UK, the Foos are massive, know plenty of people who worship them. 

Obviously this is a very small sample size, but the three groups I know who are going will be off to Courteeners now it isn't Pulp. 

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I dunno. Foos do very well with a lot of demographics. Even in the UK, the Foos are massive, know plenty of people who worship them. 

In terms of rock acts who are still active, they’re way up there. Like obviously The Rolling Stones are still going yada yada, but in terms of an act with massive broad appeal and a household name, it doesn’t get much bigger than Foos right now.

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

I think the Foos are winding us up, I think they are fully aware of all the interest/intrigue about who the churnups are and are just having a laugh. I cant see any reason why they would make it so obvious for a start. Keep it a secret and they probably have one of the biggest crowds all weekend, whether it be Blur, Pulp or Foos fans there waiting to see who the big secret is. If people know its the Foos I think the crowd will be smaller than if was a genuine secret set. The excitement would be amazing if its kept quiet until the day it happens. If they have just announced themselves then what was the point, the excitement of a secret set has gone (albeit its still the Foos playing). I just cant think why they would announce themselves, especially as unsubtley as that message is, not exactly cryptic is it, they have nothing to gain from announcing it now

I just think they are joining in and stringing us along. If anything, I think that note makes it less likely that its the Foos, there you go reverse logic, just too obvious and unsubtle, th Foos are better than that! I wont be surprised if there will be similar unsubtle messages from other big bands between now and then...

But why would they need to do reverse logic? There's no reason FOR them to post this other than 'the lols, lets use the current emotional standpoint of our band being back on tour for a silly Glastonbury rumour. So we can make those people think its us when its not ha GOTEM'.

Also to think Foo Fighters, at 3rd, wouldn't have a RIDICULOUS crowd, is hilarious. They had a huge one while headlining, there's less stuff on while they're on. It'll be legend slot size and if they were on the card and Pulp were too (as much as I love both) Foo's would draw more. 

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

I think the Foos are winding us up, I think they are fully aware of all the interest/intrigue about who the churnups are and are just having a laugh. I cant see any reason why they would make it so obvious for a start. Keep it a secret and they probably have one of the biggest crowds all weekend, whether it be Blur, Pulp or Foos fans there waiting to see who the big secret is. If people know its the Foos I think the crowd will be smaller than if was a genuine secret set. The excitement would be amazing if its kept quiet until the day it happens. If they have just announced themselves then what was the point, the excitement of a secret set has gone (albeit its still the Foos playing). I just cant think why they would announce themselves, especially as unsubtley as that message is, not exactly cryptic is it, they have nothing to gain from announcing it now

I just think they are joining in and stringing us along. If anything, I think that note makes it less likely that its the Foos, there you go reverse logic, just too obvious and unsubtle, th Foos are better than that! I wont be surprised if there will be similar unsubtle messages from other big bands between now and then...

This is absolute copium of the finest order and I sincerely doubt Dave Grohl, whilst writing a message addressing his fans and the grief surrounding his dead best friend, thought ‘this would be a great opportunity to razz people going to Glastonbury’.

If this is a troll post, then bravo. If not, you’re absolutely kidding yourself. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

This is absolute copium of the finest order and I sincerely doubt Dave Grohl, whilst writing a message addressing his fans and the grief surrounding his dead best friend, thought ‘this would be a great opportunity to razz people going to Glastonbury’.

I agree but it's also weird to writing about grief and his dead best friend and throw in a secret confirmation they're doing Glastonbury, isn't it?

42 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Courteeners will be absolutely dead 

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought they were a pretty big act to have in Woodsies and that it was gonna be jam packed, but now I’m not too sure of that.

Continuing their terrible luck in clashing/crossing over with with acts who'll take a chunk of their crowd away. 

Set Prediction (based of their current set list)
1. All My Life
2. Rescued
3. Times Like These
4. Under you
5. The Pretender
6. Learn to Fly
7. My Hero.
8.  Shame Shame (with Violet)
9 . Cold Day in the Sun (acoustic)
10. Aurora 
11 Monkey Wrench.
12. Best of You.
13. Everlong

With possibly taking out Shame Shame or Aurora, unsure what an hour and 15 minute Foo's set looks like. They've been doing 20 songs in 2 hours 15. 

Edited by chazwwe

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I agree but it's also weird to writing about grief and his dead best friend and throw in a secret confirmation they're doing Glastonbury, isn't it?

It was more addressing fans than anything else and in doing so, giving a big ol’ hint to his Glastonbury going fans. I didn’t expect we’d get any kind of confirmation so soon, but I think it’s a really cool and personal way of doing it and I think he’ll probably end up talking about how much Taylor loved the place/their headline set when he’s on stage. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Set Prediction (based of their current set list)
1. All My Life
2. Rescued
3. Times Like These
4. Under you
5. The Pretender
6. Learn to Fly
7. My Hero.
8.  Shame Shame (with Violet)
9 . Cold Day in the Sun (acoustic)
10. Aurora 
11 Monkey Wrench.
12. Best of You.
13. Everlong

With possibly taking out Shame Shame or Aurora, unsure what an hour and 15 minute Foo's set looks like. They've been doing 20 songs in 2 hours 15. 

I love Aurora and have always wanted to see them play it live, but saw a video of them doing it at Rock AM Ring and… just seemed like a total vibe killer, not at all helped by the fact Dave’s voice is pretty f**ked and he can’t carry it properly anymore. Was apparently Taylor’s favourite song so maybe it’ll stay just for that, but I think they’d be better off keeping the energy up with bangers.