The churnups

a6l6e6x

1 hour ago, Gaztonbury said:

An anagram of The Churnups = "Punches Hurt"

Five Finger Death Punch are on tour in Europe in June:

Jun. 23, 2023 - Glasto Pyramid Stage?

The glaring issue with that would be that the act in question is third down on the Pyramid. With all due respect to them, Five Finger Death Punch ain’t getting booked for third down on the Pyramid. 

Although I do like the theory I saw on social media that it’s a heavy metal band likely to clear the field after Texas, ie cause ‘churn’. 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ill buy you a drink if you can somehow link that to the Churnups 🙂 

Spice is often ground and 'churned up' for use in cooking.... 

Milk is said to be the absolute best thing to cool your mouth down when you've eaten too much spice... Milk is collected in a churn. 

I know I'm reaching... But they're undeniably links, if only very poor ones... Mine's a hot spiced cider. 👍

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

That's what I was thinking. He's starting to turn up too frequently. 

Dave Grohl is the type of person who'd happily show up anywhere everytime he's asked, wether that's a good thing or bad thing is obviously on the person.

Edited by Xeph1995

Massive if it is Foos and I’ll be ludicrously gutted not being there.

Having Foos/whoever it is on the Pyramid and then immediately after having a TBA on Woodsies is an interesting one. Pour one out for Chvrches/Joey Bada$$/Shygirl/everybody else playing to absolutely nobody around that time, and the sea of people attempting to go from the Pyramid to Woodsies immediately after and inevitably failing to get in. 

4 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Dave Grohl is the type of person who'd happily show up anywhere everytime he's asked, wether that's a good thing or bad thing is obviously on the person.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Yeah. We don’t want him to turn into Chris Martin 

I mean, Dave Grohl by most metrics seems like a lovely guy, which is why it's difficult to criticise the guy. It's like kicking a puppy. But... I'd much prefer Pulp than seeing DG again. 

21 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The glaring issue with that would be that the act in question is third down on the Pyramid. With all due respect to them, Five Finger Death Punch ain’t getting booked for third down on the Pyramid. 

Although I do like the theory I saw on social media that it’s a heavy metal band likely to clear the field after Texas, ie cause ‘churn’. 

I hear ya.

Although on the other side of the same coin, the Foos are way too big for 3rd spot, and even though Pulp are no longer quite in their heyday, they're still headlining this year's Latitude, so 3rd spot at Glasto feels a little low, for my money.

1 minute ago, Gaztonbury said:

I hear ya.

Although on the other side of the same coin, the Foos are way too big for 3rd spot, and even though Pulp are no longer quite in their heyday, they're still headlining this year's Latitude, so 3rd spot at Glasto feels a little low, for my money.

Hence why it’s being billed under a different name. I get the impression this is the approach they were gonna take with Aerosmith had they not pulled out, and maybe it’s something they’re gonna do going forward for any ‘big’ secret sets to avoid another Killers situation. 

9 minutes ago, Gaztonbury said:

I hear ya.

One of last year’s Latitude headliners is third down on the Saturday so I think Pulp there would be fine. Foos I agree would be total carnage. 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hence why it’s being billed under a different name. I get the impression this is the approach they were gonna take with Aerosmith had they not pulled out, and maybe it’s something they’re gonna do going forward for any ‘big’ secret sets to avoid another Killers situation. 

Yeah, I guess I can live with that.

I'm just . . . not feeling that this is gonna stay secret. Or that it's even intended to.

But let's say it does - I'd expect it to be squishing-room only by the time the set starts, only for 1/3 of the crowd to storm off disappointed when they find out it's not what they hoped.

Or let's say it doesn't, and (say) Pulp are revealed a little ahead of time. All much ado about . . . not much, in the end?

I guess I'm just hoping there's something a bit masterstrokish about this.

I'm voting Foo Fighters. Just seems like something they'd be more likely to do. I vaguely remember them doing gigs under daft names before too? 

Pulp on Woodsies doesn't feel that unlikely to me - arguably bigger draws have done TBA slots in there without it going too badly, and I dunno if they'd still see a crowd the size of the one they had on the Park that time? Are they still a household name? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them. 

1 minute ago, Gaztonbury said:

Yeah, I guess I can live with that.

I'm just . . . not feeling that this is gonna stay secret. Or that it's even intended to.

But let's say it does - I'd expect it to be squishing-room only by the time the set starts, only for 1/3 of the crowd to storm off disappointed when they find out it's not what they hoped.

Or let's say it doesn't, and (say) Pulp are revealed a little ahead of time. All much ado about . . . not much, in the end?

I guess I'm just hoping there's something a bit masterstrokish about this.

I think they’ll reveal who it is before the set, maybe on the day, to avoid tons of people turning up hoping for one thing and getting another - just seems the safe and wise thing to do. 

But I also think if it’s Foos then the crowd is gonna be absolutely insane, so pretty interested to hear how that goes down what with there not being much in the way of big names to drag people away. Surely gonna rival Elton in terms of crowd turnout.

5 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

One of last year’s Latitude headliners is third down on the Saturday so I think Pulp there would be fine. Foos I agree would be total carnage. 

Actually, now that I look at it again, yeah - Pulp would fit. I partially, non-committally concede.

I'd still be tickled if it were FFDP, though, just 'cos of the anagram. I do like a Countdown conundrum.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They could just nave no secrets to avoid a killers situation and book people at appropriate places with enough space for a crowd. 

That's the most simple solution. 

Edited by Xeph1995

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think they’ll reveal who it is before the set, maybe on the day, to avoid tons of people turning up hoping for one thing and getting another - just seems the safe and wise thing to do. 

But I also think if it’s Foos then the crowd is gonna be absolutely insane, so pretty interested to hear how that goes down what with there not being much in the way of big names to drag people away. Surely gonna rival Elton in terms of crowd turnout.

It would certainly give Royal Blood a big act to follow - literally.

Having seen both, I wouldn't fancy RB's chances too much. But having said that, I thought the same about Morrissey following Faithless back in the day, and he and his band absolutely smashed it.

2 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

They could just nave no secrets to avoid a killers situation and book people at appropriate places with enough space for a crowd. 

Doesn’t get the same media hype though, does it?

7 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Eh, the Pyramid field is big enough to contain any crowd that comes it’s way, and having a headliner sized band play lower down - essentially an actual fourth headliner and not Emily’s pretend Lizzo fourth headliner - is just a massive dick swing from the festival. Really don’t see the problem with them doing it this way.

There's no way its not Foos imo, rumours of them playing have been about for months and months - it makes sense for them to play pyramid instead of Pulp and the link is far stronger (Churn was a previous Grohl band name)