The churnups

a6l6e6x

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Which begs the bigger question - how many will exit the field promptly and leave Royal Blood to get royally ticked off again?

Haha can just picture them peaking from behind the curtains side of stage absolutely seething as the ginormous crowd disperses before their set. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Foos are the bigger band, easily. 

Maybe but they are not on a 10 year break, they have played recently and the demographic of Glasto is made for Pulp.I’ve seen the Foos at Glastonbury but not Pulp and I know this is no way to judge but all 10 of our group would rather see Pulp (and I’m far more likely to listen to the Foos)

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Haha can just picture them peaking from behind the curtains side of stage absolutely seething as the ginormous crowd disperses before their set. 

Middle-finger flips at the ready!

Would not necessarily be my personal picks, but based on their shows over the last week, you might get:

1 All My Life
2 Rescued
3 Walk
4 Times Like These
5 Under You
6 The Pretender
7 Learn to Fly
8 The Sky is a Neighborhood
9 My Hero
10 Monkey Wrench
11 Best of You
12 Everlong

As a man who thinks Dave Grohl seems like a lovely fellow but has never been quite blown away by a Foo Fighters show, think seventy-five minutes might be the perfect ratio to really blow the socks off.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Would not necessarily be my personal picks, but based on their shows over the last week, you might get:

1 All My Life
2 Rescued
3 Walk
4 Times Like These
5 Under You
6 The Pretender
7 Learn to Fly
9 My Hero
10 Monkey Wrench
11 Best of You
12 Everlong

As a man who thinks Dave Grohl seems like a lovely fellow but has never been quite blown away by a Foo Fighters show, think seventy-five minutes might be the perfect ratio to really blow the socks off.

At least if it's only an hour fifteen, he wouldn't be able to yap on as much as he did in 2017, when every song was prefixed with a bloody monologue about the origins of it, how much he loves the fest, blah blah blah.

If they play the hits with very little chatter, I could get on board.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

1 All My Life
2 Rescued
3 Walk
4 Times Like These
5 Under You
6 The Pretender
7 Learn to Fly
9 My Hero
10 Monkey Wrench
11 Best of You
12 Everlong

The Sky is a Neighbourhood sticks out like a sore thumb there. Swap that out (preferably for ‘For All The Cows’ which I’m still miffed wasn’t played in 2017) and you’re looking at one of the tightest set lists imaginable. Can already see ‘Walk’ being an all-timer Glastonbury moment in the circumstances. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

Yeah, I immediately assumed Pulp, then Foo Fighters, then Pulp again when I realised it was a play-on-words, then Foo Fighters when Nick Banks popped up. (My aunt said Arctic Monkeys, which shows how up with the current pulse of Glastonbury headliners she is. Next thing you know, she'll be claiming Roxette.)

Have to wonder why whoever this act is they have decided to play under a pseudonym. 

Sometimes a big bands play as a TBA as they’ve either got a tour that they are trying to sell tickets for or another festival has them as an exclusive. 

Do either Pulp or Foos fit the above criteria?

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

At least if it's only an hour fifteen, he wouldn't be able to yap on as much as he did in 2017, when every song was prefixed with a bloody monologue about the origins of it, how much he loves the fest, blah blah blah.

If they play the hits then I could get on board with very little chatter, I could get on board.

No way he doesn’t have several speeches about Taylor and how much they loved the festival etc. Tbh I think he talks so much/extends the instrumentals of each song because his voice is pretty f**ked these days and he struggles to yell as continuously as he once did. 

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If they play the hits then I could get on board with very little chatter, I could get on board.

I've got the bootleg up on YouTube. Nineteen songs at a bladder-crunching 131 minutes or so. For context, Setlist FM has their shows this year running to twenty songs at two hours. There's definitely less talking for the moment.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

I've got the bootleg up on YouTube. Nineteen songs at a bladder-crunching 131 minutes or so. For context, Setlist FM has their shows this year running to twenty songs at two hours. There's definitely less talking for the moment.

Nice work! Maybe someone passed on the memo. 

7 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

1 All My Life
2 Rescued
3 Walk
4 Times Like These
5 Under You
6 The Pretender
7 Learn to Fly
9 My Hero
10 Monkey Wrench
11 Best of You
12 Everlong

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

12 is ambitious. Maybe 8 with all the nonsense extending of songs. 

Or maybe it'll be the best modern day Foos set with them playing the songs in a normal way 

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The Sky is a Neighbourhood sticks out like a sore thumb there. Swap that out (preferably for ‘For All The Cows’ which I’m still miffed wasn’t played in 2017) and you’re looking at one of the tightest set lists imaginable. 

Eh, it's not quite the one, is it? But there's a few others in there I would happily punt too. Not sure you honestly need more than one new song if you've only got a dozen to play with.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

No way he doesn’t have several speeches about Taylor and how much they loved the festival etc. Tbh I think he talks so much/extends the instrumentals of each song because his voice is pretty f**ked these days and he struggles to yell as continuously as he once did. 

I'm still hoping that Dave is just turning up to be special guests for GnR. At least that way with half a voice each, it'll still sound somewhat decent? Lol.

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

12 is ambitious. Maybe 8 with all the nonsense extending of songs. 

Or maybe it'll be the best modern day Foos set with them playing the songs in a normal way 

I mean, that's the thing right? It's a massive international band, but somehow they're going to play a reduced setlist? What's the point of that? If they really didn't give a f**k about taking a lesser slot, why not just headline Other or agree to play as sub?

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Here is the link, for those interested - 

At the end he's talking for like 3 minutes 20 seconds, just making jokes, messing around, and talking about working at Shakey's Pizza between the Queen cover and Everlong. That's like a full song on its own. Talk about breaking momentum.