New App ?

Yeo-vile idiot

5 minutes ago, Barneym said:

It’s so slow and unresponsive on the iPhone 

Working well on android. 

Seems to have some pretty comprehensive info compared to EE from the official festival stuff, plus references to guardian, links to worthy fm etc. 

The line up info seems much more comprehensive - search for an act, see which stage/s they're on, add to calender or click on map to see where that stage is. 

On Android, first impression is speed is fine. UI is clean and responsive. Being able to filter the map is great. Would be nice if you could filter by bars too. Would also be nice to switch your favourited timetable to a list view to avoid having to scroll around to double check clashes. Yet to deep dive but no red flags from first interaction. 

12 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

On Android, first impression is speed is fine. UI is clean and responsive. Being able to filter the map is great. Would be nice if you could filter by bars too. Would also be nice to switch your favourited timetable to a list view to avoid having to scroll around to double check clashes. Yet to deep dive but no red flags from first interaction. 

Just realised you can switch to “time line / list” view which is more useful 

15 minutes ago, Slix_Trix said:

Not being able to filter by bars is a major omission. On iPhone they have IICON picture for The Meat Rack. Ever get the impression they didn't recruit some Glasto obsessives to UAT it? Hordes of tech savvy Glastonauts they could have got to iron this stuff out before release.   

1 minute ago, Breeze said:

Not being able to filter by bars is a major omission. On iPhone they have IICON picture for The Meat Rack. Ever get the impression they didn't recruit some Glasto obsessives to UAT it? Hordes of tech savvy Glastonauts they could have got to iron this stuff out before release.   

That is a good point. Surely we would have heard if any one here took part in some user testing to cater to the needs and habits of a Glasto attendee. I think the bar filtering could be a future addition if there was some rumble about it. I mean technically speaking if they have ability to filter some items already, the engineering ground work is in place to add ability to filter bars too.

37 minutes ago, tjfish said:

Good to know that if your signal sucks, you can go and get a free "tester" sim card from Vodafone 😄 

Sounds too good to be true!

Screenshot_20230609-151142.png

14 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Firstly it's made by a firm who make festival and concert apps https://www.greencopper.com/

Secondly I don't think any of that was a factor in EE's app? 

I think for a first version it has a lot more functionality (and data on stages) than theirs, which for me is the important stuff - I missed the old app simply not listing smaller stages. 

Android version is fine for me. Nothing special, but hits all the basic functionality markers (which EE often failed at) and doesn't waste time with any gimmicks (which EE loved to shoehorn in).

Speed is fine, and importantly it seems to be equally functional when offline.

Only have it on iOS so don't know how different the Android one is but for me, problems are:

• In "Timeline View" specifically, switching between the big days (Fri/Sat/Sun) is horrendously slow, talking 3-4 second lag.
  • Switching between dates doesn't save your scroll position, so if you've scrolled all the way down to something and want to check something on another day you lose a lot of time.
  • Switching between "Festival Line-Up" and "My Line-Up" changes the date picker to only include dates from your line-up. You can see the logic for this but it could be confusing, especially as the visual state of that button doesn't really indicate which view you're in.
  • The above issue also exacerbates the scroll position issue as if you change from "Festival Line-Up" to "My Line-Up" and back, you might be jumped to a different date, if you hadn't yet selected anything on that date.
  • There's also loads of little UI problems that probably make me seem nitpicky but added up they just feel awful, for example:
    • The seemingly random choice of modals and webviews that slide up from the bottom or slide in from the right.
    • Non optimistic UI for buttons that could be laggy like the toggles. The stage specific line-up pages you can only get to from the map, but that you can then view other stages on if you toggle to "My Line-Up".
    • The huge amount of wasted space on the line-up view in a bunch of areas.
    • etc.

12 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Only have it on iOS so don't know how different the Android one is but for me, problems are:

• In "Timeline View" specifically, switching between the big days (Fri/Sat/Sun) is horrendously slow, talking 3-4 second lag.
  • Switching between dates doesn't save your scroll position, so if you've scrolled all the way down to something and want to check something on another day you lose a lot of time.
  • Switching between "Festival Line-Up" and "My Line-Up" changes the date picker to only include dates from your line-up. You can see the logic for this but it could be confusing, especially as the visual state of that button doesn't really indicate which view you're in.
  • The above issue also exacerbates the scroll position issue as if you change from "Festival Line-Up" to "My Line-Up" and back, you might be jumped to a different date, if you hadn't yet selected anything on that date.
  • There's also loads of little UI problems that probably make me seem nitpicky but added up they just feel awful, for example:
    • The seemingly random choice of modals and webviews that slide up from the bottom or slide in from the right.
    • Non optimistic UI for buttons that could be laggy like the toggles. The stage specific line-up pages you can only get to from the map, but that you can then view other stages on if you toggle to "My Line-Up".
    • The huge amount of wasted space on the line-up view in a bunch of areas.
    • etc.

In short it is shite. Frustrating given the modern standards for these kind of apps at many events.

I held off highlighting clashfinder in the hope I would do it once on the official app but why are the timings so spread out you can only get on artist on a screen.