Elton’s guest list…

Welshinexile

2 minutes ago, rwhitehouse13 said:

Imagine the disappointment when the only guest is Blue…

However, any chance that he could bring out Billy Joel? They have played together before and he is due to be at Hyde Park not long after the festival…? Could then set up a proper appearance from Joel in 2024…could be pretty special…

Playing what though?

2 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

Smash it out the park with this reg

1. Are You Ready For Love?
  2. Bennie and the Jets
  3. Philadelphia Freedom
  4. I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
  5. Border Song 
  6. Tiny Dancer
  7. Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)
  8. Someone Saved My Life Tonight
  9. Candle in the Wind
  10. Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
  11. Sad Songs (Say So Much)
  12. Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
  13. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
  14. The Bitch Is Back
  15. I'm Still Standing
  16. Don't Go Breaking My Heart (with Kiki Dee) 
  17. Crocodile Rock
  18. Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
  19. Encore:
  20. Circle of Life (With Westend Lion King cast)
  21. Can You Feel The Love Tonight
  22. Cold Heart (with Dua Lipa) (PNAU remix)
  23. Your Song
  24. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

I think it will be pretty close to this. Pretty happy now he's said the setlist is going to be 'completely different to the one he's doing right now'. As I saw him on this tour already so looking forward to him mixing it up on a selfish note

2 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

Smash it out the park with this reg

1. Are You Ready For Love?
  2. Bennie and the Jets
  3. Philadelphia Freedom
  4. I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues
  5. Border Song 
  6. Tiny Dancer
  7. Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)
  8. Someone Saved My Life Tonight
  9. Candle in the Wind
  10. Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
  11. Sad Songs (Say So Much)
  12. Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
  13. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
  14. The Bitch Is Back
  15. I'm Still Standing
  16. Don't Go Breaking My Heart (with Kiki Dee) 
  17. Crocodile Rock
  18. Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
  19. Encore:
  20. Circle of Life (With Westend Lion King cast)
  21. Can You Feel The Love Tonight
  22. Cold Heart (with Dua Lipa) (PNAU remix)
  23. Your Song
  24. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

13-24 is one of the best possible outcomes. I actually thought about him doing circle of life with a choir the other day. Would be an incredible moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jadedj said:

Has it been confirmed anywhere that he will have guests? I'd assume he would but don't want to be too disappointed if he doesn't 😅

He's said it in at least two interviews including the one posted earlier today.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I was just coming to this thread to say I spotted this!! 

I thought there was more chance of the spice girls turning up but BRITNEY!! I will go NUTS if Britney comes out...oh my life !! This is a possibility now surely!!!!

Honestly I find it vomitously awful that people want to hear the Lion King sh*t instead of so much amazing music he made in the 70s. Or the tepid Britney song instead of Tiny Dancer. I've got nothing against Britney really, but the song she would perform is just dreadful in comparison to any number of incredible songs that would be bumped to give them time to play it. 

Just because you don't know it, doesn't mean it's inferior. 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elton-john/2023/pandj-live-aberdeen-scotland-6ba6ce66.html

Counterpoint... Elton's set list last night is FIRE. And if you're one of the 'Greatest Hits' kind of fans, all those songs you don't recognise are the highlights of this setlist. Levon, Love Lies Bleeding, Take me to the Pilot, Border Song, Burn Down The Mission... FIRE!

If you have never heard Live 17.11.70, do yourself a favour...

Can we not want both...originals and a crazy Britney curve ball which would make absolute HISTORY. I mean...can you imagine the press! It would be huge, and we'd have been there to witness. I'm game for something totally UNIQUE. Otherwise I'd just go and see his standard show...

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

12 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Can we not want both...originals and a crazy Britney curve ball which would make absolute HISTORY. I mean...can you imagine the press! It would be huge, and we'd have been there to witness. I'm game for something totally UNIQUE. Otherwise I'd just go and see his standard show...

I hear you… but, the press, history, uniqueness…? Sure. But musical mediocrity too. Hey, I’d sit through it if I had a cast iron guarantee that nothing good was dropped to make it happen…

but why are we getting so excited about Britney Spears anyway…? I understand if you are of a certain age she was very important, but in the grand scheme of things she’s hardly musical Titan. Personally I just cannot get excited.

14 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

His recent sets have included both Rocket Man and Cold Heart which have the sane chorus so it's not impossible 

I agree with this. If he plays Rocket Man and Cold Heart on most his sets then surely he’d do Tiny Dancer and the Britney monstrosity. I’d love to see Britney though personally 

Edited by rwoo

Just now, maelzoid said:

I hear you… but, the press, history, uniqueness…? Sure. But musical mediocrity too. Hey, I’d sit through it if I had a cast iron guarantee that nothing good was dropped to make it happen…

but why are we getting so excited about Britney Spears anyway…? I understand if you are of a certain age she was very important, but in the grand scheme of things she’s hardly musical Titan. Personally I just cannot get excited.

I grew up with her, so yeh its nostalgic for me - knew all of the dance routines. There's no mistaking she had talent back in the day (especially when you go way, way back and see her with Justin Timberlake) Defo a pop queen in her own right, some epic pop bangers. Would be really exciting for me although you're right, I'd feel sick hope she smashes it and it doesn't fall to pieces. Could go either way.

Would explain 2 things though;

A) Why Elton is a little bit nervous. Pulling out Britney could be the riskiest thing ever the state she's in haha 😄 

B) Would need to give her a practise run in as big of a venue as possible - hence the arena booking for rehearsal haha 

(P.s. I'm obviously clutching at straws here and looking for links for fun)

Dua Lipa ain't got nothing on Britney Spears though in my opinion 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I grew up with her, so yeh its nostalgic for me - knew all of the dance routines. There's no mistaking she had talent back in the day (especially when you go way, way back and see her with Justin Timberlake) Defo a pop queen in her own right, some epic pop bangers. Would be really exciting for me although you're right, I'd feel sick hope she smashes it and it doesn't fall to pieces. Could go either way.

Would explain 2 things though;

A) Why Elton is a little bit nervous. Pulling out Britney could be the riskiest thing ever the state she's in haha 😄 

B) Would need to give her a practise run in as big of a venue as possible - hence the arena booking for rehearsal haha 

(P.s. I'm obviously clutching at straws here and looking for links for fun)

Dua Lipa ain't got nothing on Britney Spears though in my opinion 

Sorry if I come across a bit spiky, I’ve had a couple of beers. But… I do think it’s in the realm of possibilities, I mean who goes to London for the shopping?