Men what are we wearing?

airwaves

11 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Football shirts are out for me, unless it’s a thoroughly leftfield team like Union Dt Gilloise, or Flamengo, or Inverurie Locos. Pick something interesting!

Seeing a FC St Pauli shirt never fails to raise a smile.  They're about as left wing / punk as you can get from a football club.

Football would be much better if more teams followed St Pauli's way

• Thanks 1

will be taking the usual shitloads of underwear and socks, lots of t shirts and my Watford shirt for the Sunday for Elton.

will wear shorts throughout the days and take a light hoodie with me for the evenings. When in crowds theres no need for me to overdress.

Also I am a bit on the heavy side so I don't feel the cold too much once the sun has set.

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Think I might have to bring out the Cameroon 2002 shirt this year if football shirts irritate people.

Usually see a few Boro shirts at the festival, 5 of us from the area although I'm located down south now, the other 4 are travelling down Wednesday morning.

Be careful, the prawn sandwich brigade will have a fit 😆

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Alex and Dave producing one of the best modern highlights at a Glasto. But nah, should never have happened wearing THAT 😅

Glastonbury rapper Alex to appear on Good Morning Britain with Piers Morgan  - Somerset Live

Kid gets on stage to sing a song called... Thiago Silva.  Wearing... a Thiago Silva shirt.  Think it ONLY happened because he was wearing that.

Football shirts, generally, can be a good conversation starter. We aren't all southern United/Liverpool fans.

2 minutes ago, Crouchinho76 said:

Kid gets on stage to sing a song called... Thiago Silva.  Wearing... a Thiago Silva shirt.  Think it ONLY happened because he was wearing that.

Football shirts, generally, can be a good conversation starter. We aren't all southern United/Liverpool fans.

Yeah, that was my joke - making fun of others who dislike the wearing of football shirts 😉 I love that video, the energy and excitement levels are great to see.

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

Seeing a FC St Pauli shirt never fails to raise a smile.  They're about as left wing / punk as you can get from a football club.

100%! A great club - lovely stadium right next to the St Pauli district, really friendly and welcoming, great atmosphere, and generally very worth going over for a game. Think i paid 14 euros for a terrace ticket. It helps that i saw a magnificent game too, 2-1 down going into the last minute, and managed to grab a 3-2 win. 

The good guys! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

I live about 20 minutes away from their stadium! Big support here for them. I'm surprised that many people have heard of them outside of Germany?

They're massively popular here. Knocking on the door of the Bundesliga too

30 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I live about 20 minutes away from their stadium! Big support here for them. I'm surprised that many people have heard of them outside of Germany?

Nice!  Yeah my mate also lives in Hamburg so was introduced to their rock and roll football when I visited him and instantly fell in love with the place.

I haven't been in so long though.  Is the Reeperbahn still a wonderfully depraved den of fun?

On 6/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, BambooShanks said:

Nice!  Yeah my mate also lives in Hamburg so was introduced to their rock and roll football when I visited him and instantly fell in love with the place.

I haven't been in so long though.  Is the Reeperbahn still a wonderfully depraved den of fun?

Sorry, forgot to reply!

That's so cool. It's a great city. The Reeperbahn isn't quite as it was before the pandemic, but it's still a good night out. Needs another year and hopefully more places open up again and make it what it was!

• Upvote 1