Royal Mail Lost Ticket

notevenarealhamster

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. So, potentially, the people who've moved could be waiting for this call, in the hope that the tickets find their way to them. Otherwise, how else would they expect to receive them? Unless they forgot to update their address. What a tangles web...

festival couldn't revoke them at this stage anyway could they .... might cause issues if they try it for future years though 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Interesting. So, potentially, the people who've moved could be waiting for this call, in the hope that the tickets find their way to them. Otherwise, how else would they expect to receive them? Unless they forgot to update their address. What a tangles web...

They might have not gone for to the festival a few years (hence the old address) and the bloke who now lives there might not have any clue as to who they are......who knows! 

One of my friends moved to the US for three years (2014-2017) with work and kept his old address on his registration for the duration, but I always paid the balance with mine to ensure his ticket came to me rather than his old address as by 2017 he had no clue who was living at his old place.

15 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I'm thinking that Allan Cooper's (the person posting this on fb) address is the one on the tickets, and the ticket holders have forgotten to update their details? Which would make posting them online worthwhile. Still, doesn't get around him opening post that isn't his though.

It's not illegal to open post that isn't addressed to you.

I always do it if I receive post in someone else's name.

I've had someone trying to set up a business and open accounts using my address before.  Need to put a stop to that!

8 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

It's not illegal to open post that isn't addressed to you.

I always do it if I receive post in someone else's name.

I've had someone trying to set up a business and open accounts using my address before.  Need to put a stop to that!

… it is actually 

The postal services act prevents you from opening someone else’s post 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

… it is actually 

The postal services act prevents you from opening someone else’s post 

If you mean this:

A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.

Then it is only an offence if there is intent against another person.

If I'm opening post purely to protect myself then there is no offence.