Could someone tell me if this will be turned away from Glastonbury East campervan field.

I bought a campervan ticket on the conditions stated on Glastonburys website, which states that it must have a built for purpose fixed frame bed and fixed cooking washing or cooking station.

TIA

PXL_20230614_140517949.jpg

PXL_20230614_140432416.jpg

Edited by vanny mc vanface
tag addition

Am I reading the pics right, you’ve got the cooker and changing area behind the cab and a sleeping bit at the back?

Its far more of a van conversion than mine is and I’ve never had an issue. They might query the lack of windows and look inside but it’s clearly not a works van with a bed thrown in. The people checking (and I use the word check loosely) aren’t dicks there to turn people away. If the bed is made up too then I’d drive that in 100% sure it will be fine.

@t0paz Ok thanks, that makes me feel a bit better.

I havent put windows in for security reasons. a previous van was damaged in an attempted break in so i've decided not to bother this time. Also the dark interior is better for sleeping with the light nights.

I've been getting people on facebook telling me it'll be turned away.

If the festival only stipulate the fixed cooking and washing station and fixed bed then logic tells me it should be enough but you know what its like when you start second guessing yourself 

whats it like in direct sunshine? does it heat up a lot inside? insulating it would be a big job, and also take away from the internal space - the bed across looks good but not for people over 6ft! good conversion job though, and thanks for posting pics:  im really nosy and love having a look inside converted vans! 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

whats it like in direct sunshine? does it heat up a lot inside? insulating it would be a big job, and also take away from the internal space - the bed across looks good but not for people over 6ft! good conversion job though, and thanks for posting pics:  im really nosy and love having a look inside converted vans! 

Not really, just chuck a load of rock wool into the spaces between the horizontal and vertical struts.

Presuming the plan is to board it out then insulation will not remove any internal space as the boards will be attached to the aforementioned struts.

40 minutes ago, vanny mc vanface said:

the festival only stipulate the fixed cooking and washing station and fixed bed

I have neither fixed cooking or any washing facilities. My cooker is a normal camping one I take out and put on a table! I’ve never had any issues at all.

I think the lack of windows means you’ll be asked but if you open the door and it’s clearly set up as a campervan then I can’t see you’ll be turned away. You certainly won’t be the only van on there without windows.

Those rules/guidelines were brought in because people were really taking the piss with a panel van and an airbed type setup, which isn’t what you’ve got 👍

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

I have neither fixed cooking or any washing facilities. My cooker is a normal camping one I take out and put on a table! I’ve never had any issues at all.

I think the lack of windows means you’ll be asked but if you open the door and it’s clearly set up as a campervan then I can’t see you’ll be turned away. You certainly won’t be the only van on there without windows.

Those rules/guidelines were brought in because people were really taking the piss with a panel van and an airbed type setup, which isn’t what you’ve got 👍

100% this. Seen loads of vans like yours and as @Topaz says you'll almost certainly be checked but allowed through when they see the inside. You fit within the guidelines, you won't be penalised because you haven't got a "fancy" T5.

• Like 1