Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

19 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

First night is always a little crowded because there's nowhere for anyone to go, plus the locals can come along too. And Phoenix are quite a popular band for that slot. I remember seeing a big crowd at Wolf Parade one year! 

I wouldn't worry - when the full site is open, people will disperse better and you can move around in search of toilets etc if queues are bad in one area. 

The main arena will be busy for the biggest acts, that's to be expected. If it isn't your vibe (it usually isn't mine!), then there's plenty more to see around the edges anyway. 

Have fun! 

Yeah, it‘ll be fine from today

However I was sorta shocked at just how bad the new stage setup is, Not having been at PS in 2023. 

the way out After Phoenix was chaotic, signs were misleading, Security had no clue and kept the gates closed so thousands of people congested at the exit. Could‘ve really been a dangerous Situation. 

Today's plan:

Nieve Ella

Mujeres

Alizzz (to see what is this Red Sound stage about; if I'm able to get in - from afar it looked like a very small indoor space)

Cariño

Chloe Caillet

VAMPIRE WEEKEND

Pulp ^

Justice ^

Peggy Gou (2nd half) *

A. G. Cook *

^ - still thinking about seeing a couple of Roosevelt's song

* - or bed

47 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Is the warehouse a tent or something and is it any good? I've gone 4 times and don't think I've ever seen it.

It's an indoor space below the solar panel staircase. Only time I've been there was in 2017 - it was Hidden stage back then.

Edited by pipan
  • Thanks 1

I think we've settled on this.

Freddie Gibbs > Roc Marciano > Vampire Weekend > Pulp > Justice > either Peggy Gou/Boiler Room/Warehouse

Disappointed I'll miss Deftones but hopefully Pulp make up for it and it's a shame to miss Duster/Beth Gibbons but my girlfriend wants to see Vampire Weekend and I do like the new album. Maybe we're not feeling it and end up seeing one of the others half way through. 

Ah The National were so good last night and the crowd felt electric. It was electric. 

My plan for today:

Angeles, Victor, Gloria and Javier

Arab Strap 

Mannequin Pussy

- sneak backstage of Estrella Damm to damage Vampire Weekend kit just enough to delay their set - and the rest of the mainstages - by just over an hour -

Billy Woods

Beth Gibbons 

Deftones 

Pulp

Justice

(Peggy Gou)

• Upvote 2

Plan for today- 

Posh tapas at Orvay, A beer at Garage, Angeles, Victor, Gloria and Javier, Mannequin Pussy, Arab Strap, then under the knife to be surgically split in half length ways in order to see Deftones and Pulp at the same time. 

DE2364B5-C28E-4983-A872-D1E09A89E042.jpeg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, quentin_Tent said:

Plan for today- 

Posh tapas at Orvay, A beer at Garage, Angeles, Victor, Gloria and Javier, Mannequin Pussy, Arab Strap, then under the knife to be surgically split in half length ways in order to see Deftones and Pulp at the same time. 

DE2364B5-C28E-4983-A872-D1E09A89E042.jpeg

Orvay is majestic.

In CCCB all day for Primavera Pro, finishing off with a talk from TheNeedleDrop and then straight to the festival for:
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib

- Amyl

- Amaarae

- Vampire Weekend

- Deftones

- End of Pulp

- Justice

- Wiegedood

- A.G. Cook

Let me tell you gang I am GIDDY.

4 hours ago, pipan said:

Today's plan:

Nieve Ella

Mujeres

Alizzz (to see what is this Red Sound stage about; if I'm able to get in - from afar it looked like a very small indoor space)

Cariño

Chloe Caillet

VAMPIRE WEEKEND

Pulp ^

Justice ^

Peggy Gou (2nd half) *

A. G. Cook *

^ - still thinking about seeing a couple of Roosevelt's song

* - or bed

Love the little notes at the bottom so much I’m going to copy them. We’re going with:

Nieve Ella ^
Voxtrot ^
Balming Tiger ^
Mannequin Pussy

Amyl & The Sniffers

Vampire Weekend

Deftones

Pulp (Last 20 minutes)

Justice *
The Armed *
Wiegedood *

^ - if we’re in the festival early enough

* - or bed

41 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

In CCCB all day for Primavera Pro, finishing off with a talk from TheNeedleDrop and then straight to the festival for:
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib

- Amyl

- Amaarae

- Vampire Weekend

- Deftones

- End of Pulp

- Justice

- Wiegedood

- A.G. Cook

A man raging against the dying of the light. Godspeed.

44 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib

- Amyl

- Amaarae

- Vampire Weekend

- Deftones

- End of Pulp

- Justice

- Wiegedood

- A.G. Cook

hell of a day!

Bloody excited for today. Voxtrot songs keep popping up in my head and that's not even one of the acts I'm psyched for... Weather is lovely, already got a bit sumburned, not smart but feels like a tradition 🤣

• Upvote 1

Very surprised by the "????" from 20:30 to 21:00 at Boiler Room Stage. 

Edit: they just posted an instagram post "unexpected show - 20h30 - Boiler Room"

Edited by MKBAB

VIP question.

All previous years they've had discounted or even free beer in the VIP sections..free beer obviously long gone but last night I was paying €5 per beer which is Tue same as regular bars. Did they get rid of that perk?

9 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

VIP question.

All previous years they've had discounted or even free beer in the VIP sections..free beer obviously long gone but last night I was paying €5 per beer which is Tue same as regular bars. Did they get rid of that perk?

Last year was still 1 EUR cheaper then regular. This year…will tell you in about 1 hour 😅

9 minutes ago, LBare said:

Last year was still 1 EUR cheaper then regular. This year…will tell you in about 1 hour 😅

Eager to hear your live thoughts

Edited by Gnarler
Fat thumbs