Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

Very happy with how much bars habe improved, never needed ro wait for drinks. 

but honestly, the stage setup is just so bad. P&B bleeds into Cupra, Boiler Room disturbs Plenitude and Albini. And the fences around the bushes really are a bummer, a late night calming 10 minutes away from the crowds was always great. 

It felt very empty though, not a Single Act where I wasn‘r able to be up front. 

all in all a great first day

9 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

They were selling official merch next to the PS x Pull & Bear store yesterday! There were some Deftones shirts there.

Thank you! I’ll have a look today and hopefully they still have some. 

Great day yesterday. Beth Gibbons was just wow, Justice really cool, Pulp a bit underwhelming for me (not a big fan) but nice to have finally seen them. Voxtrot great start of the day, Arab Strap is always cool even though they're probably much better in a place with less sunlight and loved the energy of Amyl.

Curious/nervous for the Lana crowds today.

Vampire Weekend absolute highlight of the festival so far! Justice close second.

Today's plan:

Lisasinson

Aiko el Grupo

Silica Gel

The Last Dinner Party

Omar Apollo (2nd half)

Troye Sivan

Lana del Rey (1st half)

Hannah Diamond

Snow Strippers

Barry Can't Swim

Disclosure (2nd half)

1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Great day yesterday. Beth Gibbons was just wow, Justice really cool, Pulp a bit underwhelming for me (not a big fan) but nice to have finally seen them. Voxtrot great start of the day, Arab Strap is always cool even though they're probably much better in a place with less sunlight and loved the energy of Amyl.

Curious/nervous for the Lana crowds today.

Justice absolutely killed it! Also loved Voxtrot and Amaarae, Beth Gibbons was a bit ruined by the sound bleed.

In terms of Lana fans: I can see the entrances from my room. There are a couple of hundred people queuing at the doors already. This will be tough

What happened with basinski though? 20 min set, no “disintegration” of the loops… very disappointing? At least I managed to catch the whole Arab strap set. 
Arab strap: good 

mannequin pussy: good but not enough volume firepower? 
dj ramon sucesso: outstanding

Billy woods: very good 

Beth: otherworldly 

deftones: solid, I have friends who I had tried unsuccessfully to turn into them that really enjoyed the show. It was a rather soft and emotional setlist that eventually just f**king exploded 

justice: very good and needed at that time slot tbh

wiedgedood: amazing 

ag cook: just the best electronic set I’ve seen in years? Game over, for real 

• Like 1

Got up at 10 which isn't bad, time to recharge and eat a big lunch. 

I caught a bit of Dillom yesterday before Roc Marci, really unexpected and fun. Plus I got to the boiler room for the first time and saw some of Duster when I was in the queue. Win win

My advice for today... Bring a hip flask, go to Clipse and not Lana, oh and wash your legs properly in the shower before you go out

25 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

What happened with basinski though? 20 min set, no “disintegration” of the loops… very disappointing? At least I managed to catch the whole Arab strap set. 
Arab strap: good 

mannequin pussy: good but not enough volume firepower? 
dj ramon sucesso: outstanding

Billy woods: very good 

Beth: otherworldly 

deftones: solid, I have friends who I had tried unsuccessfully to turn into them that really enjoyed the show. It was a rather soft and emotional setlist that eventually just f**king exploded 

justice: very good and needed at that time slot tbh

wiedgedood: amazing 

ag cook: just the best electronic set I’ve seen in years? Game over, for real 

Basinski was from 6:15 through 6:55, including end speech. Weird set but still good.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Enjoyed Mannequin Pussy, Amyl, Deftones & the end of Pulp yesterday. Thought Vampire Weekend were slightly disappointing and could’ve done a better set. Does anyone know where they’re selling Deftones merch and if that’ll still be about today? 

On a side note does anyone find the crowds are super disrespectful to the bands and people aren’t really there for the music? I’ve seen so many people talking through entire sets even close to the stage or just taking a few poser photos or a video of the most famous song for the gram and then leaving. 

Yeah the crowds are always like that, but move around enough and you'll be surrounded eventually by good people.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Yeah the crowds are always like that, but move around enough and you'll be surrounded eventually by good people.

That's a great top tip, 2022 I was right at the back for the National and ended up singing and dancing with a fab group of folks, been a lot closer and around people who aren't as interested plenty of times 

Freddie Gibbs and Roc Marciano were fun. Justice was really good, perfect 2am set. VW were OK, nothing special for me.

Pulp absolutely blew me away. We got a great spot and the atmosphere were amazing where we were. The performance was excellent. That was an all timer for me!

• Upvote 1

First day was incredible, my highlights were

Justice - was really looking forward to them and they didn't disappoint

Angeles, Victor, Gloria and Javier - acts like these are one of the things that make the festival so special. After reading their bio on the line up I thought they sounded interesting and they were actually incredible. Starting the day in the Auditori was wonderful too, brilliant acoustics, and an attentive crowd before going out into the chaos

Pulp - I love Pulp so it was great to see them again and fab seeing everyone bouncing for the hits

Mannequin Pussy - my partner was keen to see them and I was really impressed, great energy

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

Btw according to Reddit Lana fans have been queuing up at the forum (about 200 of them) since like 10:30 this morning. Mental.

Sure is mostly to brag to their friends. Just insane behaviour...

1 hour ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Basinski was from 6:15 through 6:55, including end speech. Weird set but still good.

It was a good show but weirdly chaotic. 

Starting 15 minutes early people were still coming in and looking for Spots, it was unclear if this was „warming up“. 

At just 40 minutes it was also quite short and i was a bit suprised when it ended. William Basinski „performs Disintegration Loops“ also seeme a weird Title him Not being on stage at all

I thought vampire weekend were great.

Perfect festival band. 

Pulp put on a great show but I fear my initial concerns about them came true…..they are just a couple of hits short of maintaining constant engagement that say Blur can for comparison. Not enough sing along moments. Jarvis is a great front man and his inter song pitter patter is fun, although not sure if some of it is lost on a foreign audience.

Justice were monstrous. 

I don’t like that Amazon stage area. It’s 

a bit congested and grim looking.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

This is psychotic behaviour. How hot is it there today?! 

And they are going to sprint all the way to Mordor the seconds the gates open. Wouldn’t surprise me if they trip up or push others down a ravine so as to get there first. 

Edited by xxialac
  • Like 1