Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

The EUR is still stronger than the USD though, but yeah, the people attending from America are from a higher socioeconomic bracket anyway.

I don't want to sound itchy, it's not that they are from a higher social bracket. It's folk with similar works as mine or yours, but they make double or triple net salary. 

2 hours ago, MagneticField85 said:

I don't want to sound itchy, it's not that they are from a higher social bracket. It's folk with similar works as mine or yours, but they make double or triple net salary. 

No idea what the situation of everybody here is like, but Americans with relatively higher salaries also tend to have a high cost of living such as for health care and rent. I don't mean higher social bracket as if they are somehow better than the poors, but there's definitely a class with enough disposable income in order to do a fest like Primavera. It's not like just anybody there can.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

Rewatched Vampire Weekends set this morning.

Even better than I remembered!

Classical is a belter of a tune. That hook is so catchy.

Ezra is one of the most under rated lyricists of our time. But he cant dress for toffee!

Those white Flannel trousers and dad trainers combo are beyond the pale.

No idea how he managed to pull Rashida Jones in that clobber. 😃

• Upvote 1

After being back at work 3 days my very belated highlights this year are:

1. Mitski in the storm. It felt very special

2. Obongjayar, it was a really fun dance, ending with the gorgeous I wish it was me

3. Nala Sinephro, I found this set really emotional, it was stunning

4. Pulp, saw them in Sheffield last year and they were so much fun again

5. Justice great light show, artist I had kindof forgotten about but I loved them when I was younger, show did not disappoint

6. Barry Can't Swim  a really happy party

7. PJ Harvey in the rain - I'm not too familiar with her music but she was mesmerising and the crowd were really engaged

8. The National (Cuitat)

9. Angeles, Victor, Gloria and Javier - electronic flamenco, something really different for me and I loved it

10. Badbadnotgood great energy

Cupra remains my favourite stage. The sound bleeds were most frustrating when getting water and things between Amazon and Cupra, couldn't vibe with anything, but had no issues with sound when I went to watch something specific. I also didn't bother with any of the queue-for stages, too much effort.

Saw acts from all 6 continents, love the commitment to diversity, and always lovely to visit Barcelona. Bring on next year

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Porto confirmed a week later than normal too. Maybe to accommodate a third festival…

It is not the first (nor second) time where fesrival takes place around those dates. Not saying that it is not related with a third festival, but would not read much into it.

On 6/8/2024 at 1:09 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

Rewatched Vampire Weekends set this morning.

Even better than I remembered!

Classical is a belter of a tune. That hook is so catchy.

Ezra is one of the most under rated lyricists of our time. But he cant dress for toffee!

Those white Flannel trousers and dad trainers combo are beyond the pale.

No idea how he managed to pull Rashida Jones in that clobber. 😃

Classical and Mary Boone are my faves off the new album. Any idea why they don't play Mary Boone. Will be disappointed if I see them later in the year and it's not performed. I had assumed Ezras flight suit stage outfits from 2019 were a solution to his dress sense. He should stick with them.. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Classical and Mary Boone are my faves off the new album. Any idea why they don't play Mary Boone. Will be disappointed if I see them later in the year and it's not performed. I had assumed Ezras flight suit stage outfits from 2019 were a solution to his dress sense. He should stick with them.. 

Their setlists been absolutely baffling since they started touring again. Primavera seemed to get a good one. 

In Texas over the weekend, they all-but ignored Modern Vampires of the City but seem to find time to play several covers (including Sex on Fire and the Super Mario Bros theme?) in a request section from the crowd. 

I love VW but they don't play live as often as other acts so, like you, I'll be a little disappointed to see them spend time on jam sessions instead of playing some of their actual songs! 

In arizona last night, the encore comprised six partial covers, and Walcott. The main set was strong, but no sign of Ya Hey, for example. Only three songs off that album and three off Contra too.... 

32 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

yeah but he used to team up the flight suits with sandals 😅

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ibo said:

Has PS announced when the early bird tickets will be on sale ? 🤔 

They reacted the same way they always do when people ask them anything about dates - "muy pronto/very soon". And I think it was last week when I saw this response on Twitter.