Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

36 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

It's was pissing down with rain on and off for 3 hours, I doubt that helped

It didn’t help, but if the bands are big enough people will come.

Saturday was weak as f**k, then FKA pulled out too. 

Not every year can be 10/10.

Today was distinctly average. 

PJ Harvey was amazing, her last tour relied heavily on her latest album, tonight we got a much more balanced set from all times (bar Stories from the city for aome reason..), great show.

Aside from her, Bikini Kill and Atarashii Gekko were superb, and Royel Otis were a fun afternoon show.

Was a bit disappointed with Water from your eyes and Mandy Indiana, but overall great night

The rain! Jeez. Glad I brought a raincoat

Friday was a bit boring for me so I was tired going into Saturday. But so much better despite the rain. Atarashii Gakko were a surprise! Really enjoyed. Plus Charli, PJH, Model Actriz, Bikini Kill, Dorian Electra, Roisin.. Walked a lottttt today 

My highlights of the past two days:

Friday was a good boogie for me with Badbadnotgood, Obongjayar, Jai Paul - seems I'm against the grain on here but I loved it, and ending the night with Barry Can't Swim who brought a great vibes and a great crowd. Away from main stages all day (except a brief visit for middle of the National) it was lovely vibes all round the festival 

Saturday:

Nala Sinephro - this Auditori set was like proper medicine for the soul

The Lemon Twigs - they brought the sunshine vibes and really enjoyed the Beach Boys cover

PJ Harvey - majestic. 

Mitski - during the thunderstorm was something else

Now I hope my trainers will dry out before I head home Tuesday

• Upvote 1

Highlights - I loved PJ Harvey in the rain, American Football hit the spot after I left Bikini Kill (to my surprise it wasn't doing much for me!) and then I was pleasantly surprised by SZA - her vocals were better than expected (and not at all overly backing track heavy) and the spectacle was great. Visually she may have had the best looking set I've seen at Primavera.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Atarashii Gakko was the best set of the festival 

It was fun to watch but became quite repetitive as the set went on for me...

My highlights were PJ Harvey and Bikini Kill. Plus I was shocked how empty it was compared to 2022 but no bar queues was a huge bonus 🙂

Either all the J-pop music is absolutely brilliant and mindblowing live or Primavera booking team is absurdly good in cherry picking. I've only seen three J-pop artists (all of them at Primavera - Perfume, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Atarashii Gakko!!!) and it's always the same - for the first few minutes you just can't entirely comprehend what you see and then comes the absolute euphoria.

Other Saturday's highlights (are they even highlights when they cover almost eveything I saw?):

The Lemon Twigs, Royel Otis, Liberato and absolutely perfect goodbye party by Romy (+ AG!!!) + Charli XCX.

Best day of the festival for me and, once again, best Primavera ever. *

* attending since 2017

• Like 1

And Charli's set was totally packed, I came 15 minutes early and still wasn't able to get anywhere close stage. And even there, I was surrounded by hardcore fans who knew every single song by heart. Great crowd energy.

Today's plan: 

A few hours at Brunch, just to chill

Dinner in El Raval

Dorian Electra

SoFTT

Yesterday I returned the tickets for Sala Apolo (both The Lemon Twigs and Royel Otis were amazing, but I don't have to see them twice in two days). One moment after I cancelled them, it was possible to reserve them on Access Ticket and when I refreshed the app 30 seconds later, the tickets were sold out again. So, if you miss any reservation next year, constant refreshing of the Access ticket app might help. 🙂

2 hours ago, pipan said:

Either all the J-pop music is absolutely brilliant and mindblowing live or Primavera booking team is absurdly good in cherry picking. I've only seen three J-pop artists (all of them at Primavera - Perfume, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Atarashii Gakko!!!) and it's always the same - for the first few minutes you just can't entirely comprehend what you see and then comes the absolute euphoria.

Other Saturday's highlights (are they even highlights when they cover almost eveything I saw?):

The Lemon Twigs, Royel Otis, Liberato and absolutely perfect goodbye party by Romy (+ AG!!!) + Charli XCX.

Best day of the festival for me and, once again, best Primavera ever. *

* attending since 2017

Best day for me too even though it rained. Great vibe yesterday. After 2022 I wasn't sure if I wanted to return but I'm glad I did, it's back to the Primavera I knew 

Anyone saw L'Imperatrice on Thursday? They were my favourite set of PS 2022 and I was very excited about seeing them again - until they clashed with VAMPIRE WEEKEND. I chose VAMPIRE WEEKEND which was probably my favourite set of the whole festival, so no regrets. But I just find very strange that I haven't seen any praise on L'Imperatrice's set anywhere (here, reddit, twitter - the post about their set has 6!!! likes). Weren't they absolutely brilliant? Or no one was there because of multiple clashes?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, pipan said:

Anyone saw L'Imperatrice on Thursday? They were my favourite set of PS 2022 and I was very excited about seeing them again - until they clashed with VAMPIRE WEEKEND. I chose VAMPIRE WEEKEND which was probably my favourite set of the whole festival, so no regrets. But I just find very strange that I haven't seen any praise on L'Imperatrice's set anywhere (here, reddit, twitter - the post about their set has 6!!! likes). Weren't they absolutely brilliant? Or no one was there because of multiple clashes?

I chose Vampire Weekend too, but all of my friends went to L'Imperatrice and they loved it.

• Thanks 1