Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

31 minutes ago, pipan said:

Last year they announced on Thursday (November 24) that the line-up drops on Tuesday (November 29). So this year it might be the same pattern, just a week sooner (because of SA Primaveras). Hopefully we'll see tomorrow.

Yes however all of that was after the Primavera Weekender, and I don't think they will want to shift the focus from Weekender to Barcelona that early, even if the lineup is coming next week, it doesn't seem like the trailer will come earlier than Monday next week. 

7 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Yes however all of that was after the Primavera Weekender, and I don't think they will want to shift the focus from Weekender to Barcelona that early, even if the lineup is coming next week, it doesn't seem like the trailer will come earlier than Monday next week. 

Monday Teaser, Wednesday Line up would seem feaseble, but in the end its probably down to a specific act announcing a tour. If thats the case, they would have to do it later. 

i mean, no reason Gabi couldn’t be in Bogota for the line up release, no? Bcn has its own communications team that can handle the major part of it

29 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Monday Teaser, Wednesday Line up would seem feaseble, but in the end its probably down to a specific act announcing a tour. If thats the case, they would have to do it later. 

i mean, no reason Gabi couldn’t be in Bogota for the line up release, no? Bcn has its own communications team that can handle the major part of it

This, and also it's not promised that the lineup is coming in November, yes Gabi said it in a Forum some weeks ago that the lineup would come in November, and that's it, if they want to change the date they can do it and they don't have to tell it to anyone. 

No reason to believe it won't come in November really. By the sounds of it they prefer releasing it earlier as it helps shifts tickets quicker. I'm confident it will be next week. If they needed to push back the date they wouldn't want to attract unnecessary attention by updating social media and website branding and also replying to people on socials asking for the line up. 

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

they already shifted the focus with the profile pic change.
maybe the teaser will start on the festival, maybe first name (like pavement on the last day of 2019)

27 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

do we think jane's addiction would be one of the first three names of the poster of one day?

I would say they could be third on a weaker day, but would expect them in the second row. They are a very exclusive name but they really are more influential than they are famous, especially in Europe

Edited by Quadrophobia

29 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I would say they could be third on a weaker day, but would expect them in the second row. They are a very exclusive name but they really are more influential than they are famous, especially in Europe

are they very exclusive? They're playing a small sized fest in the UK and are a second row name at Nova Rock. I would agree that they are more influential than famous so can't see them demanding top line billing.

37 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

they already shifted the focus with the profile pic change.
maybe the teaser will start on the festival, maybe first name (like pavement on the last day of 2019)

That’s actually something very in style from Primavera, dropping some names or at least a teaser during Primavera Weekender, I can see that happening. I also believe that the lineup is coming by the end of the next week.

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

are they very exclusive? They're playing a small sized fest in the UK and are a second row name at Nova Rock. I would agree that they are more influential than famous so can't see them demanding top line billing.

Last time they played continental Europe was in 2016 (4 dates) and before that in 2010 (2).

At Nova Rock they might even be pushed further down, that line up isn‘t complete yet. It might also prop them up that its their first Austrian gig in 33(!) years

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

can't see a big name like SZA being too happy with her name being slapped on a cup at Weekender, think her team would want it all posted on social media

On the other hand the likes of Pulp or PJ Harvey wouldn’t care about it probably. In any case I think that maximum that would could get is a trailer or a possible date of the lineup reveal. 

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

On the other hand the likes of Pulp or PJ Harvey wouldn’t care about it probably. In any case I think that maximum that would could get is a trailer or a possible date of the lineup reveal. 

As cool as that would be, it would be very hard to pull off. The only reason it worked in 2019 was that there were only 5 pavement cups. When there are more, it would all leak through someone in the production process

3 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Speaking of SZA, are there any strong rumours about her playing this?

Not to play the devil's advocate but I think the latino Lollapalooza festivals might be the final shows of her current album cycle. I'm pretty sure she already toured Europe this year.

I expected her to be about but could be wrong yeah, I just used her as an example of a big name who might not be too happy with a teaser haha

9 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Yeah true, i personally like the idea but most artists want everything online these days unfortunately