Football 2023/24

charlierc

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

I think the fact that the entire backroom team of the Spanish FA women's team except for their unpopular manager and that Rubiales got suspended by FIFA from all football for 90 days hints it's being taken seriously by more than just Twitter/X users.

Which has blown up entirely because of social media, its all fake outrage. 

He apologised for causing offence, that should be enough. 

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

he apologised for grabbing his crotch, not for the kiss.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Well no. They made up quotes from the player in question, and then lied about her asking for it.

Apologising for causing offence isn't the same as apologising, now is it...

Not sure why you're defending someone commiting sexual assault on live television 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I assume your trolling. The entire female football team are just being silly women can't be your actual opinion

So is the female fan sexually assaulting the jockey? Should she be called out on social media and sacked from her job? 

I'm going by your criteria that's all. 

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

So is the female fan sexually assaulting the jockey? Should she be called out on social media and sacked from her job? 

I'm going by your criteria that's all. 

Is she the jockeys boss? Probably should be if that's the case and he didn't consent

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Is she the jockeys boss? Probably should be if that's the case and he didn't consent

So its not the sexual assault that bothers you? Its that he was in a position of power. 

I'm trying to keep up what you are outraged against. 

37 minutes ago, thetime said:

So its not the sexual assault that bothers you? Its that he was in a position of power. 

I'm trying to keep up what you are outraged against. 

It's all of it really. Aren't you bothered about it, or you relaxed about powerful men sexually assaulting women on live TV?

22 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's all of it really. Aren't you bothered about it, or you relaxed about powerful men sexually assaulting women on live TV?

Why would I be bothered about it, I have no emotional attachment to it. People are outraged by everything nowadays, sexual assault? Give your head a wobble. 

Was the lady in question bothered before the fake social media outrage? Did she accuse him of sexual assault or was it others? She doesn't seem bothered from the footage. The footage post 'kiss' does not look like she feels violated. 

For me he made a big error of judgement, perhaps more about education. Do I think what he did, was him acting like a pervert? Nope, just an error of judgement. Which will cost him his job and career, does the punishment fit what he did? Absolutely not. 

Are you asking any man or women who hugs or kisses another in the spur of the moment, to be prosecuted for sexual assault?

Edited by thetime

3 hours ago, thetime said:

He apologised for grabbing his crotch in the box next to Spain's Queen and her daughter, not for the kiss.

Given Rubiales' suspension by FIFA, an investigation into his conduct coming from the Spanish government, the resignation of the coaching team, criticism from both managers of Spain's men's and women's team (an about turn given both were applauding his speech wailing about fake feminism), a team boycott, claims the Hermoso family have been harassed by the Spanish FA to withdraw their comments about it being non-consensual, multiple other allegations about his conduct and more, it's not just a social media firestorm anymore imo.

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone else impressed with how well Everton have started this season?

With that potential points deduction due to financial irregularities hanging around I can see things moving in the right direction for them. 

Given some of the impressive saves Jose Sa pulled off for Wolves yesterday, it's not been for lack of trying.

But yeah, they're in deep sh*t.

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

it's not just a social media firestorm anymore imo.

Which all started by social media fake outrage, correct? No question nothing would of been made out of it, without social media. 

It's all the fake out outrage that is then hyped up, which I find more offensive and interesting. 

Take Zahidf who only comes into this thread, posts his daft social media grabs. 

Edited by thetime

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Which all started by social media fake outrage, correct? No question nothing would of been made out of it, without social media. 

It's all the fake out outrage that is then hyped up, which I find more offensive and interesting. 

That's a good thing. Men shouldn't be allowed to sexually assault women without consequence

You're saying she only had a problem with it because social media made her have a problem? Or she always had an issue and she realised she had support to take it further, when before (in what I imagine you'd think was 'the good old days') she would not have that support

Do you want her to pipe down and not make a fuss?

Edited by zahidf

15 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Given some of the impressive saves Jose Sa pulled off for Wolves yesterday, it's not been for lack of trying.

But yeah, they're in deep sh*t.

Wolves looked good against Man Utd which surprised me. There seems to be a few poor teams in the premiership this season who will be ok because there are worse. You wonder if it could be Everton’s year to drop, where are the goals coming from?

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

They’re gonna get Big Sam in again, aren’t they?

Think they'll stick with Dyche (or at least should) constantly changing manager doesn't fix the fundamental issue of the owner being unable to get money into the club due to the war in Ukraine. Just look at Moyes at Sunderland, sometimes a decent prem manager can't make a difference when there is so much sh*t going on in the background.

They've also still got a hearing in October and possible points deduction.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I thought Liverpool played well when down to 10 men, as a team defended really well.

I'm aware that this often can be the case that it can be hard to play against ten, and clearly Liverpool had practice thanks to the later-rescinded red card shown to Alexis Mac Allister against Bournemouth the previous weekend, in a game they still won.

Equally, I don't think we were ambitious enough against ten. Alexander-Arnold had an awful first half, yet in the second we just didn't keep poking at that sore spot, plus obviously our defending for both of Nunez's goals left a lot to be desired. Although naturally, if Alisson doesn't pull off a wonder-save to keep out Almiron just after the van Dijk red, they probably aren't getting back into it.

21 hours ago, thetime said:

But it's not a fake firestorm anymore is it? Rubiales, by accounts from people in the Spanish press and familiarity with their FA, has been a scandal waiting to happen for a while. Doing that in such a public forum was only ever going to invite the kind of things we're seeing, whether its FIFA and the Spanish government itself opening investigations, FIFA suspending Rubiales in a move that also means he can't do his other work for UEFA.

It may be going on and on but this cannot be brushed aside as little more than a few thousand people on Twitter whining about nothing, and imo, it's a good thing its not.