Football 2023/24

charlierc

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

You'll not realise what you had until it's gone.

Bare that in mind, regardless of who you support.

Every Liverpool fan realises what we have in Klopp and very much knows it.

Supporters of other clubs? They know what a difference he's made at Liverpool and will be glad to see the back of him. I doubt many would be sorry to see him gone. I'd imagine most can't stand him. 

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd imagine most can't stand him. 

I actually think most fans of other clubs liked him during the first few years. There has definatley been a change in demeanor though which I guess is probably linked to him wanting to quit.

18 minutes ago, lost said:

I actually think most fans of other clubs liked him during the first few years. There has definatley been a change in demeanor though which I guess is probably linked to him wanting to quit.

I've found him insufferably whiny for about 3 years. The football is good, and City having an actual rival while Arsenal were working themselves out has been important for entertainment, but I think he's Mourinho levels of finding ridiculous things to complain about.

18 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I've found him insufferably whiny for about 3 years.

One day you may wake up and figure out that not only are the things you think he is whining about true, but if they haven't already changed for the better they will.

As a complete package, i.e. tactically, recruitment, player motivation, entertainment, honesty, personality, understanding and compassion, politically and just being a decent human being, he is by some distance the best manager the PL has ever had (maybe extendable to English football in it's entirety).

I fully appreciate that fans of other clubs will necessarily be blind to this and therefore expect to be shot down for this, but that's often the case when someone tells an uncomfortable truth.

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

One day you may wake up and figure out that not only are the things you think he is whining about true, but if they haven't already changed for the better they will.

As a complete package, i.e. tactically, recruitment, player motivation, entertainment, honesty, personality, understanding and compassion, politically and just being a decent human being, he is by some distance the best manager the PL has ever had (maybe extendable to English football in it's entirety).

I fully appreciate that fans of other clubs will necessarily be blind to this and therefore expect to be shot down for this, but that's often the case when someone tells an uncomfortable truth.

Sorry, I forgot that he's the messiah and football is dead without the glorious love that Liverpool fans bestow upon everyone else.

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Sorry, I forgot that he's the messiah and football is dead without the glorious love that Liverpool fans bestow upon everyone else.

Football at the top level died many years ago.

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

He’s not the messiah but genuinely comes over as a pretty decent human being to me at least . He will be replaced no doubt but the job he’s done for Liverpool has been pretty damn impressive and he leaves the club in a much stronger position both financially and positionally . Stadium , training ground all done properly . Built for the future . A sad day 

24 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Just football? Not the greatest human being of all time? 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He’s not the messiah but genuinely comes over as a pretty decent human being to me at least . He will be replaced no doubt but the job he’s done for Liverpool has been pretty damn impressive and he leaves the club in a much stronger position both financially and positionally . Stadium , training ground all done properly . Built for the future . A sad day 

Leaving with just 1 league title(even that was light), he won't go down as one of the premier league greats. 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He's also left the next manager with a superb, and on the whole, young squad to take forward.

Just now, thetime said:

Leaving with just 1 league title(even that was light), he won't go down as one of the premier league greats. 

1. Why was that light? It was possibly the biggest points gap and earliest won ever.

2. To even challenge against the nation funded cheats is incredible.

3. Very good chance it will be two.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Given the wait … let’s see the progress if a new manager half fills his boots 

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

1. Why was that light? It was possibly the biggest points gap and earliest won ever.

2. To even challenge against the nation funded cheats is incredible.

3. Very good chance it will be two.

Won't be 2, will go in free fall now. I remember when fergie initially quit in the early 00's. 

How you can count a covid title, when no one was interested is beyond me. Even ole looked a good manager in covid times. 

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

4/5 years ago I would have agreed. But he loves finding scapegoats and excuses, he's literally complained about the length of grass on a pitch! I question how much he cares for different people/issues and how much is performative. I'll never know, but between his whining and the mentality of Liverpool fans over recent years, I think him leaving before he gets even more insufferable is a good thing for the game.

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

Also depends on the city findings if anything comes of that , although obviously won’t be quite as good as winning it direct 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Won't be 2, will go in free fall now. I remember when fergie initially quit in the early 00's. 

How you can count a covid title, when no one was interested is beyond me. Even ole looked a good manager in covid times. 

Ah the old pathetic rival fans "null and void" bullshit. Wouldn't have been saying it if any other club had won.

Football "fans" are shameful.

Anyway my prediction, the opposite will happen and the players will go all out.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Ah the old pathetic rival fans "null and void" bullshit. Wouldn't have been saying it if any other club had won.

Football "fans" are shameful.

Anyway my prediction, the opposite will happen and the players will go all out.

For a guy who claims to never watch top level football, you know a lot about it. 😚

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

When Man U overtook Liverpool's title count?

Started when the PL was formed, got critical when Chelsea were bought, ended when City were bought.

Nothing to do with titles.

Just now, thetime said:

For a guy who claims to never watch top level football, you know a lot about it. 😚

I only started trying not to watch last season.

I tell you what give it a try, after 50 odd years, it's like trying to give up smoking.

Wish I could, and if Liverpool hire some boring middle of the road duffer i probably will.