Lock ups

dubs83

16 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

i have a small nuclear reactor. would they keep an eye on it for me?? itd be great if they kept it in one of the extra secure places if poss.

They'll look after it, but you have to top up the plutonium yourself.

Made this mistake when I left my goldfish with them one year. They were fed very sporadically to say the least and by Monday were NOT happy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Made this mistake when I left my goldfish with them one year. They were fed very sporadically to say the least and by Monday were NOT happy.

Same issue with my child.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

but to be fair goldfish these days want it all dont they? cant even rough it a few days for a festival.

43 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

If they want to be able to afford their own bowls they should stop eating sea cucumbers on toast!

and so gormless with their mouths wide open!! ive had it up to here with them.

1 minute ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Do you generally have to itemise the stuff you drop in the lock ups?

you can drop a bag in with contents and just list the bag .... depends whats inside as to wether you want to do that 

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 7:13 AM, parsonjack said:

Can anyone remember if you are allowed to collect something from the lock up that you didn't sign in, even if you have the ticket?  I seem to remember a signature being needed.....

eg would it be possible for Mrs P to deposit a bag, but I then use her ticket later to collect it?

I have no idea if this would work, or not, but could you take a photo of your wife at the lock up. The photo to include the ticket (and actually see the numbers on the ticket) and a piece of paper saying I want my husband to pick this up later. Then you parsonjack go to the lock up tell the story, and show them the photo. Could work. Probably not though if the lock ups are like the gestapo with their rules. One would expect them to be, and I have heard that they have never had anything go missing because of theft.

I actually know the woman who is in control of a few of the klock ups. I don't have a contact number for her, but could broach the subject with a mutual friend, who does have her details. I'm going to ask that person right now and get him to get the definitive answer. It's not just you parsonjack that now needs to know. This mutual friend wont be up now, as he gets up at 5am every morning for work. I'll send the question now, and he can pick it up and run with it tomorrow morning. I'll be given the answer for sure, but don't know how long it'll take.

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have no idea if this would work, or not, but could you take a photo of your wife at the lock up. The photo to include the ticket (and actually see the numbers on the ticket) and a piece of paper saying I want my husband to pick this up later. Then you parsonjack go to the lock up tell the story, and show them the photo. Could work. Probably not though if the lock ups are like the gestapo with their rules. One would expect them to be, and I have heard that they have never had anything go missing because of theft.

I actually know the woman who is in control of a few of the klock ups. I don't have a contact number for her, but could broach the subject with a mutual friend, who does have her details. I'm going to ask that person right now and get him to get the definitive answer. It's not just you parsonjack that now needs to know. This mutual friend wont be up now, as he gets up at 5am every morning for work. I'll send the question now, and he can pick it up and run with it tomorrow morning. I'll be given the answer for sure, but don't know how long it'll take.

I have sent the message. The first wheel is rolling.

Well, getting the answer was faster than I thought it would be. This is the Whatsapp message from my mate (who I forgot had worked the lock ups)

Hi Kev, I don't have to ask Sue. I know the procedures inside out, as they are very simple. Whoever signs the property in, produces the ticket, and repeats the signature live, plus postcode, part telephone number to retrieve the property. End of.

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I also sent this message

So, the photo thing would not work?

Response below.

No, as it is not in the procedure. The lockups run to a written procedure that all staff follow. There is no other way to retrieve property.

Absolutely. We have to be consistent across all lockups as they are run by different groups. So we have a set of straightforward procedures which have been worked out over years & followed by all lockups.

36 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Holy f**k, please don't make this more complicated for us!

• Like 1

Just now, LateStarter50 said:

One question on my mind - what are the queues like? this service sounds so brilliant I would have thought all 200,000 of us would be using it, day in day out, hour by hour! 

Never queued for more than 10 mins . I guess peak times the one by gate a might be worse but I’ve used them for at least 10 years and it’s really minimal 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Never queued for more than 10 mins . I guess peak times the one by gate a might be worse but I’ve used them for at least 10 years and it’s really minimal 

Sounds great, thank you Crazyfool01 👍

21 minutes ago, LateStarter50 said:

One question on my mind - what are the queues like? this service sounds so brilliant I would have thought all 200,000 of us would be using it, day in day out, hour by hour! 

The only time we have queues of more than a couple of minutes is after the headliners on Sunday, when a lot of people are leaving the festival.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I would say at Gate C (near CV field) in recent years the queues at certain times of day have gotten quite long. So long a couple of times last year that we opted to go back to our van to get stuff for the evening as a quicker way of doing it. Obviously a good sign that people are using them more but just something for people to factor in especially as often you have to queue to get stuff out of a bag and then queue to put the bag back in (if you don't want the whole bag)

• Like 2