Isle of Wight 2024

galbani

3 hours ago, s30foster said:

Do the happen to sell cheaper tickets closer to the festival? Hoping to grab a Sunday ticket but can't justify the £120 at the moment. 

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who head home on Sunday morning. I know people who will hang around by the boats and offer people leaving £20 for their wristband. I get it's a bit of a risk for you coming from Bath but I'm sure you would get in if you came down early enough. 

36 minutes ago, Henrik said:

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who head home on Sunday morning. I know people who will hang around by the boats and offer people leaving £20 for their wristband. I get it's a bit of a risk for you coming from Bath but I'm sure you would get in if you came down early enough. 

Hmmm, interesting. Will have to have a chat with the wife and see what she thinks about it

8 hours ago, dillonstandard said:

Any locals know how ground conditions are looking? Weather forecast for the whole weekend is pretty grim

Currently deciding whether to buy some wellies.  Don’t think it’s going to be horrific but suppose I should be prepared!

On 6/15/2024 at 10:35 PM, dillonstandard said:

Any locals know how ground conditions are looking? Weather forecast for the whole weekend is pretty grim

Ground conditions are fine. We’ve had a lot of rain this last few months but the ground is currently dry. 

Forecast for the weekend is now very good. Pretty much perfect festival weather. 

3 hours ago, Henrik said:

Ground conditions are fine. We’ve had a lot of rain this last few months but the ground is currently dry. 

Forecast for the weekend is now very good. Pretty much perfect festival weather. 

Yep looks pretty perfect. Not taking wellies.  Roll on thursday

• Like 1

Well that was a cracking first day, Mike Skinner is still absolutely brilliant, The Prodigy exceeded expectations and The Darkness were a massive surprise, they were so fun! Throw in the bootleg Beatles, K’s, Crowded House and The Pretenders too and it was up there with some of the best festival days I’ve had

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sam47 said:

Well that was a brilliant weekend! Hope everyone had a great time 🎉

PXL_20240623_212803086.jpg

Absolutely fantastic wasn’t it.  Really didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did.  Some great acts all weekend and also found some new ones I’d never heard of before 

• Like 2

First time at IOW Festival this year after having done most other major UK festivals over the last 15/20 years. Overall had a great time, the line-up was top and I'm really impressed with the toilets and showers (I didn't pay for the premium washroom thing and can't see why anyone would after this year tbh).

Highlights were definitely The Prodigy, Green Day and The Streets. Feeder also put on a great set in the Big Top. Loved spending time in the smaller stages with some smaller acts as well. The campsites were clean and in general everyone seemed pretty chill.

Only a couple of bits I would pick-up on as not being the best, the first being £17 for the return shuttle bus from the ferry to the site is way over the top and feels like an unnecessary charge (shuttle busses used to be free at most festivals, but I accept that more are charging now). If you are trying to encourage people to be green/reduce traffic on the island it feels mean to charge so much for the buses.

The other is the just the huge amount of chairs and blankets in the main arena. The volume of them, and the amount of space they take-up, means it's incredibly difficult to move around the area if you are trying to move to the front/leave. The paths are so small that around the bars/toilets/food stalls it creates massive bottlenecks.

But overall, real fun weekend and I would definitely come back for the right line-up.

I had a great time. Green Day were awesome, so good live and they are on form on this tour! McFly absolutely smashed it too, so many bangers. Should’ve been higher up. Only issue was the below;

1 hour ago, Nelson100 said:

The other is the just the huge amount of chairs and blankets in the main arena. The volume of them, and the amount of space they take-up, means it's incredibly difficult to move around the area if you are trying to move to the front/leave. The paths are so small that around the bars/toilets/food stalls it creates massive bottlenecks.

Really need to sort this out because there are far too many people with picnic blankets and chairs, it causes congestion and as mentioned above terrible bottlenecks. Could be a bit of a health and safety issue and they just get in the way. 

2 hours ago, Nelson100 said:

the first being £17 for the return shuttle bus from the ferry to the site is way over the top and feels like an unnecessary charge (shuttle busses used to be free at most festivals, but I accept that more are charging now). If you are trying to encourage people to be green/reduce traffic on the island it feels mean to charge so much for the buses.

It was our first time heading over, only went for the Sunday, thought this was piss poor too, no mention of it costing on the website either (admittedly no mention that it was free but still, way overpriced).

Thought overall it was okay, think we chose the wrong spot for Green Day, crowd was very flat, lots just kinda talking infront of us or not aware of songs at all. 

Vibe was very relaxed, the most clean I've seen a festival ground ever, especially for a Sunday. Accessibility was a sh*t show, got sent all over the place trying to get wristbands. 

Getting home on the ferry wasn't to much of an issue at all, but for just heading over on a day ticket, it felt easier to just travel to London for us. Wouldn't rush back personally. 

The chairs and blankets are an absolute nightmare. It makes it so much harder to move around. 

Other than that, we had a really great time. The Streets, Green Day and The Darkness were highlights for me. 

3 hours ago, HenryH said:

Hi guys, bit of a random one. Does anyone know either of the setlists for Jessie J or the Pretenders? Much appreciated.

Type in The pretenders (or Jessie J) setlist on google and it’ll appear