Isle of Wight 2024

galbani

17 hours ago, Henrik said:

The chairs and blankets are an absolute nightmare. It makes it so much harder to move around. 

Like the rest of you, I hate trying to navigate around all those chairs and blankets, and I experienced some horrific bottlenecks (especially trying to get out of Simple Minds while a bunch of other people were flooding in to get good spots for Green Day). But I've seen it even worse in previous years; I think the organizers have taken steps to build in a few more "no chair" corridors--they're just not wide enough. I actually felt lucky that this year, most of the bands I wanted to see on the main stage were all playing in a row, so I didn't have to move between the main stage and big top a lot. 

10 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Anyone on here done Glasto and IOW?

Understand they're vastly different festivals, but can IOW even compare?

We only went to IOW this year as we didn’t get Glasto tickets (had the previous 6 or so times).

Now I saw it as a back up but you know what, I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun at a festival.  From the ferry crossing to listening to people pretending to be Bon Jovi and Take That.  Got some right cheesy acts there, some up and coming talent plus the big ones to finish the night.  Food was good and alcohol was easy to smuggle in. Was anlso easy to navigate between stages whereas Glastonbury is an mission. Absolutely loved it.  

Now Glasto is a different beast, will always have massive lineups, loads to see even without the music and… it’s Glastonbury.   

Very different but don’t be put off by that at all. 

12 hours ago, sisco said:

We only went to IOW this year as we didn’t get Glasto tickets (had the previous 6 or so times).

Now I saw it as a back up but you know what, I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun at a festival.  From the ferry crossing to listening to people pretending to be Bon Jovi and Take That.  Got some right cheesy acts there, some up and coming talent plus the big ones to finish the night.  Food was good and alcohol was easy to smuggle in. Was anlso easy to navigate between stages whereas Glastonbury is an mission. Absolutely loved it.  

Now Glasto is a different beast, will always have massive lineups, loads to see even without the music and… it’s Glastonbury.   

Very different but don’t be put off by that at all. 

Thanks for that! Is there much to do apart from music, little cool areas etc.