List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I draw the line at anything that has a lasting impact on someone else... being covered in piss is awful, also flare burns, racism and misogyny all should be dealt with firmly. "You're at a festival get over it" is nonsense and doesn't wash with me. If I'd got a good photo I'd be an absolute Karen over that stuff and made sure people get a lifetime ban! 🤣

I'm generally with you on this. It's possible to go wild and have fun that is difficult/not possible in the outside world and still respect those around you.

Have to say I do love a good smoke bomb though, really adds to the atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I'm generally with you on this. It's possible to go wild and have fun that is difficult/not possible in the outside world and still respect those around you.

Have to say I do love a good smoke bomb though, really adds to the atmosphere.

Yes to smoke bombs!! No to flares 😊

13 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Does some of the money from those ridiculous hospitality tickets go to charity?

Otherwise I can't see why Glastonbury allow it?

It's really simple - the current status is neighbouring land owners make money from the festivals existence.  The previous status was inconvenienced neighbours of the festival made licence objections and noise complaints. 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

You don't necessarily get an epo with hospitality .probably depends on whether hospitality is your entrance ticket. It isn't for upgrades.

At Windinglake, we get an EPO as the ticket and the hospitality band to go with it. EPO gives access in and out of the festival and into different places inside. 

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Was it Howlin' Pelle?

I've no idea about such a connection?

In addition, I'm afraid that my post wasn't exactly accurate / true. Unfortunately, and in hindsight, I can confirm that it was posted to satiate my own sense of humour, which I will admit can be juvenile at times, and doesn't get much better than that at all other times either. 

• Upvote 1

I know people have already spoken about peeing on the land but the pissing in cups chat reminded me of another grim site I saw where some drunk lady changed her tampon at the other stage behind me while her friend poorly tried to hide what she was doing. The loooos are right there you can literally see the stage from the loo queues at the back of the field just use themmm 😷😫

Only frustration is numbers. Feels so much busier than 2019. Rocked up to the Killers, Cure and Tame Impala 5 mins before their sets in 2019 and got a spot pretty easily. This year, had to man-mark the pyramid virtually all day to get even close to Elton.

Also saw so many ‘runners’ this year. Literally people getting to the gate and making a run for it without tickets - many were successful. 

Better management of numbers is my only gripe for what is literally the best festival (and the best 5 days of my life)

Just now, Slimeyc said:

Fair enough. I think I was more aware because I had my daughter with me. I was more concerned about her being bashed about to be honest. 

Yeah to be fair I only took mine once at 11 - I'm a much more straight laced/selfish parent than I ever thought I would be and it just wasnt for me. My eldest is now 19 and worked alongside me this year - that was fun though. 

25 minutes ago, Welshinexile said:

At Windinglake, we get an EPO as the ticket and the hospitality band to go with it. EPO gives access in and out of the festival and into different places inside. 

thats windinglake, i'm pointing out that an epo doesn't necessarily come with a hospitality wristband. 

12 hours ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Thanks so much for helping that girl. I have a daughter (who is only two!) but the thought of her being helpless like that terrifies me - you really saved her day.

Glastonbury ethos isn't is. You look after each other.

It didn't seem like a big deal at the time but I guess it would have made a massive difference to her day. I was just absolutely amazed how many people just walked by and left her there. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

Also saw so many ‘runners’ this year. Literally people getting to the gate and making a run for it without tickets - many were successful. 

I was a gate organiser at PGC and out of about 10 runners I saw only one young lad was successful.

23 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Glastonbury ethos isn't is. You look after each other.

Really felt a bit of "the spirit" was missing this year. Felt like people would rather stare into their phones than engage in chit chat with randoms.

Just now, MrZigster said:

Really felt a bit of "the spirit" was missing this year. Felt like people would rather stare into their phones than engage in chit chat with randoms.

Interesting. I found exactly the opposite, esp when compared with last year, which was IMO dreadful.

I had loads of lovely conversations with randoms.

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Interesting. I found exactly the opposite, esp when compared with last year, which was IMO dreadful.

I had loads of lovely conversations with randoms.

Same.  Admittedly it was my first time so nothing to compare it to, but the best thing about it for me was just sitting and chatting to random people all weekend.

29 minutes ago, stuie said:

I was a gate organiser at PGC and out of about 10 runners I saw only one young lad was successful.

I was working at PGC & one woman ran through with a water pistol completely unchallenged, but I had seen her going out only about 15 minutes earlier so I think she might have been one of those ‘Mystery shoppers’ who check we’re doing our job properly. If so, it was a fail for us!

On 6/26/2023 at 11:32 PM, LSTx said:

I had a blast this festival, this was my first since 2019, but one thing I picked up on this year is that it seemed a lot more overcrowded this year in areas, especially in the south east corner. Getting almost very dangerous at points & completely not under control.

Another one was the amount of smart whips going off / balloons being sold seemed to be an epidemic this year. For me killed the vibe in some areas with some of the shifty people selling in the raves.

Fair enough maybe at the campsite but it just felt like every minute you would hear 2/3 balloons going off.

Was my first since 2019 too and I totally agree! In 2019 it felt like there were so many areas that would be quiet at different times but this year EVERYWHERE was rammed all the time, especially walkways even when big bands were on P or O. I also noticed a massive shift in general sentiment, people bumped into us constantly, skipped queues, pissed everywhere, litter at the Park on Thursday was the worst I have seen ever. No matter how much the die hards on here will defend it to their deaths the wind is changing at Glasto more to V/Creamfields and it's sad to see :(.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QBlank said:

Was my first since 2019 too and I totally agree! In 2019 it felt like there were so many areas that would be quiet at different times but this year EVERYWHERE was rammed all the time, especially walkways even when big bands were on P or O. I also noticed a massive shift in general sentiment, people bumped into us constantly, skipped queues, pissed everywhere, litter at the Park on Thursday was the worst I have seen ever. No matter how much the die hards on here will defend it to their deaths the wind is changing at Glasto more to V/Creamfields and it's sad to see :(.

Always interesting to see different perspectives. I found plenty of quiet places, never had any problems with overcrowding (except on the way to lizzo) and found everyone really friendly, polite and accommodating.

Similar vibe to 2017 and 2019 and in sharp contrast to 2022, which fitted exactly with your experience of this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Security in the south east corner (other than those who high five you as you go in) are, quite frankly, thugs.

Two years in a row when they have tried very hard for one of my group to start a fight with them.

First night in 2022 in NYC Downlow queue, some bearded nobhead was physically dragging random people out and threatening to cut their band.

It is very obvious which stewards are people who have attended the festival and those third party security firms.

3 minutes ago, Welshinexile said:

Easy pass out - it’s a band that gets scanned- security have them etc. 

Ah yeah, those where the people that walked past us with the pram

I have no idea why that system isn't used for the campervan fields, just issue a second band. The technology is clearly in place, are the plebs not to be trusted?