List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

2 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Security in the south east corner (other than those who high five you as you go in) are, quite frankly, thugs.

Two years in a row when they have tried very hard for one of my group to start a fight with them.

First night in 2022 in NYC Downlow queue, some bearded nobhead was physically dragging random people out and threatening to cut their band.

It is very obvious which stewards are people who have attended the festival and those third party security firms.

I didn't go into NYC, but I found security to be very friendly this year. I even saw some happily help folks pack up in Dragon Field on the Monday.

3 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

See I don't care about nakedness. That's not hurting anyone else and it's just a 'body'. My two (8 and 6) would have probably just had a giggle. That kind of freedom is what Glastonbury is all about for me

My three year old decided to whip his clothes off in front of the Other.... now I have a photo that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

What happens to the runners who get caught? Are they arrested? Or are they just dumped outside the fence and sent on their way?

As far as I know, there's a committee which decides how to deal with anyone breaking rules or have been evicted. Would be surprised if they're arrested.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

As far as I know, there's a committee which decides how to deal with anyone breaking rules or have been evicted. Would be surprised if they're arrested.

This is my point, surely if you just dump them outside the gate they'll try again?

Not advocating for anyone to be arrested at all, but curious to know what's done to stop them trying over and over again.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

nope, spoke to one of the stewards as I was watching the runners whilst waiting for a mate at PGD. He said one of them had tried 5 times.....this was at 11am on the Wednesday....

Only 10 all day at PGC is so hard to believe when I saw at least 10 in 30 mins at gate D before midday on the wednesday. 9 of them sucsessful

26 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Ah yeah, those where the people that walked past us with the pram

I have no idea why that system isn't used for the campervan fields, just issue a second band. The technology is clearly in place, are the plebs not to be trusted?

I was told that it had been used in the campervan field, but withdrawn due to abuse

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

This is my point, surely if you just dump them outside the gate they'll try again?

Not advocating for anyone to be arrested at all, but curious to know what's done to stop them trying over and over again.

what can you do? they're not breaking any laws

I was working Gate D at about 100m in front/ outside the gate and we was saying hello to everyone and checking wristbands, we did turn a few away

Edited by bob323

5 minutes ago, bob323 said:

it's extremely easy to abuse - hence the purpose of the passout ticket (for normal tickets)

Can you explain how it can be abused? Can people take wristbands on and off, I always have to cut mine

Also, why can they not simply track when a band has been scanned in, then if they try and scan in again before it's scanned out it blocks it?

If it's easy to abuse why is it available for hospitality?

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It can be abused as a way to sneak people in.

I'm not going to post details.

What you can't do is go in, remove your EPO and have somebody take it out. When someone tries to use it to get in they'll be told 'the owner of this wristband is already in'.

As a steward we were told to be very careful to get scanned on the way out.

• Upvote 1

At PGC I saw security putting a couple in the 4x4 and driving off... maybe taking them to the edge of the site, to make it harder? 

I don't recall seeing any on Weds at all but the gate is too busy to make a clear run for it.  Once they'd had a few security positioned themselves in different places throughout the gate area.  Perhaps they didn't do this at Gate D and this meant they had more successful ones? 

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Can you explain how it can be abused? Can people take wristbands on and off, I always have to cut mine

Also, why can they not simply track when a band has been scanned in, then if they try and scan in again before it's scanned out it blocks it?

If it's easy to abuse why is it available for hospitality?

I can't see how it can be abused, unless you know someone working an EPO scanner and even then, there's too many people around. 

As I understand it, when they have full confidence in the tech, it'll be rolled out to GA. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

At PGC I saw security putting a couple in the 4x4 and driving off... maybe taking them to the edge of the site, to make it harder? 

I don't recall seeing any on Weds at all but the gate is too busy to make a clear run for it.  Once they'd had a few security positioned themselves in different places throughout the gate area.  Perhaps they didn't do this at Gate D and this meant they had more successful ones? 

All security were trying to do was stick a leg out to trip them up….

was too easy - which as alluded to above, my only frustration with this years festival. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

I can't see how it can be abused, unless you know someone working an EPO scanner and even then, there's too many people around. 

As I understand it, when they have full confidence in the tech, it'll be rolled out to GA. 

Stinks of keeping it as a "perk" for paying hospitality tickets.

Also, if it can be abused, then hospitality tickets are the way to go, simply charge people £500 a pop to get in and cover your costs. 

1 minute ago, Trunks1993 said:

All security were trying to do was stick a leg out to trip them up….

was too easy - which as alluded to above, my only frustration with this years festival. 

Yeah, like I say, different gates and staff.  Saw several bundled to the ground and even the one I saw get away was chased by 3 security up the side of the property lockup tent and he managed to slip them. 

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Stinks of keeping it as a "perk" for paying hospitality tickets.

Also, if it can be abused, then hospitality tickets are the way to go, simply charge people £500 a pop to get in and cover your costs. 

I'm not sure how many people that applies to, to be honest.  All the Love Fields and Camp Kerala people had regular bands, not EPO.  As Neil said, it's not standard for hospitality tickets to be issued with EPO.  Maybe just Windinglake Farm?  They come in Gate B though and I've not been at that gate for a few years. 

18 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yep, they go in the back of a 4x4 and are driven off to a few miles away and let out. Typically when they're caught, they're quite contrite and alright about it, little sign of them acting the arse from what i saw, which hasnt been much at all to be honest, in the three years ive been volunteering. 

In 2019 i was working on a gate and a fella was tackled by security and then pulled out a knife on them, he was disarmed of this quick smart and a few of the security took him off to a field to kick seven bells of shite out of him before leaving him there. I'd not imagine he went back too quickly. I cant say violence is a particularly constructive approach, but can completely understand it in that situation . . . 

4 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Yep, they go in the back of a 4x4 and are driven off to a few miles away and let out. Typically when they're caught, they're quite contrite and alright about it, little sign of them acting the arse from what i saw, which hasnt been much at all to be honest, in the three years ive been volunteering. 

In 2019 i was working on a gate and a fella was tackled by security and then pulled out a knife on them, he was disarmed of this quick smart and a few of the security took him off to a field to kick seven bells of shite out of him before leaving him there. I'd not imagine he went back too quickly. I cant say violence is a particularly constructive approach, but can completely understand it in that situation . . . 

If the guy's pulling a knife out then he deserves a kicking.

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm not sure how many people that applies to, to be honest.  All the Love Fields and Camp Kerala people had regular bands, not EPO.  As Neil said, it's not standard for hospitality tickets to be issued with EPO.  Maybe just Windinglake Farm?  They come in Gate B though and I've not been at that gate for a few years. 

I did pgc as well - many people in those fields had a huge sulk and were complaining to no end of getting in a small queue to get out and to have to keep hold of their tickets

I

My frustrations are more like "mild irritations" rather than being frustrated, but there are a couple:

1) Arcadia crew area/camping/Tow and Hitch now taking up the entirety of that field, which seems like a significant encroachment of space while there hasn't been any new innovation since Pangea (appreciate that was a large sunk expense for them)

2) General overall crowdedness everywhere I went - I don't know if it's through overselling or fence jumpers or what, but I queued more than ever for everywhere this year - even at HMS Sweet Charity of all places I was almost caught in a crush queueing to get in. I know a lot of people had complaints about 2022 but that wasn't my experience - I even made it into the Temple twice without queueing at all, so not sure if it's just a reversal of fortune but in reality I don't think they quite did as well in spreading the crowd out as they have done in previous years. I think they also need to find a way to extend to Silver Hayes license to 4am - at 3am (or even 2.30 on Sunday), people will still trek to the SE corner for another 2 hours of dancing, but if it finishes at 4 it's a bit of a mission that might only gain you an extra hour.

3) Lizzo/Maneskin and GNR/Leftfield clashes. I know clashes are part and parcel of Glasto, but that doesn't stop me getting frustrated at them!

4) Getting stomach ache at around 6pm on Friday and Saturday. Nothing kills my mood faster!

In any case, was still a fantastic time, can't really complain!