The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

19 minutes ago, goonerben said:

In fact, a nice stable 15-20 degrees, and completely dry - arguably perfect weather!

correct uncle.

Reading 2014 was either overcast or a little sunny the entire time and zero rain - was heaven 🙂 

4 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I couldn't care less if its not hot I just want dry underfoot.

This is 100% bang on. Bit of warmth would be nice but I am happy to throw on hoodies and jumpers as long as the ground is dry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

They struggle to forecast what's happening in real time too. And that's not even really a forecast!

The Met Office is currently showing hail for me! Barely a good in the sky right now

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, philipsteak said:

The Met Office is currently showing hail for me! Barely a good in the sky right now

We've had several thunder warnings here over the past few weeks, and haven't heard a rumble, or had any particularly heavy rain (and that's with official weather warnings in place). Annoying because thunder and lightning is cool 😅

18 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

This is 100% bang on. Bit of warmth would be nice but I am happy to throw on hoodies and jumpers as long as the ground is dry.

Agreed. I would even take muddy underfoot provided it was not actually raining during the weekend. Getting rained on is the worst.

4 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Agreed. I would even take muddy underfoot provided it was not actually raining during the weekend. Getting rained on is the worst.

If it doesn’t rain during weekend it very quickly drys unless there’s massive deluges before and massive amounts of standing water 

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

If it doesn’t rain during weekend it very quickly drys unless there’s massive deluges before and massive amounts of standing water 

Yeah agreed, I was thinking 2016. Did it rain during the fest? If it did I don't recall so must have been overnight/short period during the day and not for very long.

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

theres currently a lot of rain forecast for the week starting 10th June 

feel for the build crew! 

1 minute ago, Dave_c said:

Yeah agreed, I was thinking 2016. Did it rain during the fest? If it did I don't recall so must have been overnight/short period during the day and not for very long.

Overnight a couple of times, a bit on Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. And quite misty Sunday night but nothing really prolonged or heavy. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

But that turned the wet mud into that horrible sticky stuff where your feet got stuck. No good at all. 

In reference to the conversation more widely, another consideration is the wind. Deffo been Glastonbury's where that's made the sound quality at the bigger stages pretty sh*t

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Overnight a couple of times, a bit on Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. And quite misty Sunday night but nothing really prolonged or heavy. 

I think I can recall the Friday afternoon downpour...we'd gone back to our camp quickly for some reason and ended up sat there for a couple of hours waiting for it to stop!

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think I can recall the Friday afternoon downpour...we'd gone back to our camp quickly for some reason and ended up sat there for a couple of hours waiting for it to stop!

Actualy yeah it pissed down during DakhaBrakha

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Actually yeah it pissed down during DakhaBrakha

I actually loved this rain though! Dancing in it to these guys was the stuff festivals (in the UK) are made for.

Obviously I didn't like the consequences on Friday night quite so much when it was impossible to walk anywhere without losing a wellie. 

Edited by Sasperella2

No rain is acceptable at all ever!

It's not just the amount that falls, it's when it falls too, if it falls overnight then the site can get away with it, but if it falls when everyone is out and wandering around it's game over! That said, once it stops raining as someone said above it does dry out quickly.

But we don't want to have to worry about that do we!

2010 All over again.......... Woohoo

3 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Don't forget when asking the weather gods for cloudy mornings to save the "get the f**k out the tent as its roasting" scenario

That gives me horrible flashbacks of the Sunday morning last year!  Too hot to stay in the tent, but too tired/shattered to even sit up!  I just went through a constant loop of sitting up and poking my head out of the tent for fresh air, then almost immediately lying back down because I didn't have the energy to stay sat up!  Still... better than a mud bath every time.