The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Perhaps a slight drizzle on the Sunday evening, nothing more.

Just a misting to take the dust off.

I’m sorry? Do what? 

BURN HIM !!!! 

2010 All over again. Woohoo

So it’s official, the U.K. has just experienced one of the warmest Mays (and spring as a whole) ever recorded.  It might not have felt like it, but the figures were helped considerably by warm overnight temperatures as much as warm daytime temperatures.   

This is the maximum, minimum and average temperatures for May compared to average.

IMG_1605.thumb.png.75b37816d7fa4527eef84b2d25303d23.png

But it’s also been a wet May, which will come as a surprise to no one. Particularly in the Glastonbury area…

Rainfall compared to average:

IMG_1604.thumb.png.4090013ee135f1a1e6242dadc80bc040.png

The first 2 weeks of June will bring the averages down a bit - 2 weeks of cool weather forecast…

IMG_4343.thumb.jpeg.12b3fce7061d6b015ffa52ad66164609.jpeg

3 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

So it’s official, the U.K. has just experienced one of the warmest Mays (and spring as a whole) ever recorded.  It might not have felt like it, but the figures were helped considerably by warm overnight temperatures as much as warm daytime temperatures.   

This is the maximum, minimum and average temperatures for May compared to average.

But it’s also been a wet May, which will come as a surprise to no one. Particularly in the Glastonbury area…

The first 2 weeks of June will bring the averages down a bit - 2 weeks of cool weather forecast…

This is wild! May was crap, still got literally zero cherries on my tree and no vine leaves for my dolma. My garden is usually out of control long before now! How can it have been the warmest ever?! 

Come on pleeeaaase find some better highlights for us! The numbers must be wrong do it again! Lol

3 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

cold weather is fine in the run up as long as it doesnt rain.. is that rain or just cold temps?

I can stomach temps being lower than average. I just don’t want to be wading through sticky wet clay all weekend. I’m old. I’m fat. I’ve got sh*t, damaged knees. Come on Rain Gods, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

• Upvote 2

Second state of the ground report is good tho! Its apparently a lot drier so can take some rain (in a worst case scenario - don't worry it will be 2010 again) - just finding the little wins...

Edited by Glastonbury101
including video link

11 hours ago, TiZuff said:

cold weather is fine in the run up as long as it doesnt rain.. is that rain or just cold temps?

This is the ECMWF rainfall forecast. There’ll be some rain over the site today, but after that it should be mostly dry for the next 10 days, bar a few showers.  No sign of any organised rainfall.  And the run ends with a lovely big area of high pressure giving warm and sunny weather in 10 days time.  It’s looking promising peoples …🤞🤞

IMG_4344.thumb.gif.00497bd21e3a05bb705c43c476bf02a9.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

It's going down to 15 degrees tomorrow where I am 🥶 will this be the closest Glastonbury on record? Snow? Lol

15? Try 11c in Yorkshire today.

My house is very cold in general, my office heater was on this morning and it's June...

Just now, Sheffield Steve said:

This is the ECMWF rainfall forecast. There’ll be some rain over the site today, but after that it should be mostly dry for the next 10 days, bar a few showers.  No sign of any organised rainfall.  And the run ends with a lovely big area of high pressure giving warm and sunny weather in 10 days time.  It’s looking promising peoples …🤞🤞

IMG_4344.thumb.gif.00497bd21e3a05bb705c43c476bf02a9.gif

STEVE YOU SEXY BASTARD

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5