The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I just said to my watts app group in the last 2 weeks or so ive needed to water the garden daily apart from maybe 2 days .... ok the weather aint breaking any temperature records but no disaster at the moment , despite the Nals best attempts to maintain the same negative schtick hes been doing on here for years one day he might get bored with the windups . ive been in shorts for last few weeks with no issue 

I recently started living out in the sticks, and my dog walking route / the route to my local pub involves walking through lots of fields and woodland. Even with the weather being as rough as it's been lately, the ground feels bone dry. Even after a particularly wet day, it recovers far quicker than I imagine most people would expect.

We just need to avoid a tonne of rain when we're all on the farm.

Just now, LinvoyPrimus said:

I recently started living out in the sticks, and my dog walking route / the route to my local pub involves walking through lots of fields and woodland. Even with the weather being as rough as it's been lately, the ground feels bone dry. Even after a particularly wet day, it recovers far quicker than I imagine most people would expect.

We just need to avoid a tonne of rain when we're all on the farm.

yeah totally agree , and even on wet days it can and does dry out enough after to be able to be sat on again 

My friend Tom just sent me a pic from onsite, lovely and sunny and green grass currently. Tbh it's next week that looks like it may piss it down, hopefully not a repeat of 2016 conditions

1 minute ago, Helsbels said:

My friend Tom just sent me a pic from onsite, lovely and sunny and green grass currently. Tbh it's next week that looks like it may piss it down, hopefully not a repeat of 2016 conditions

and thats too far out at this stage to be known in any confidence 

5 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

To be fair hels it's going to rain next week for sure down there, but it all looks pretty showery mixed with sunshine.

No absolute wash-out days at all. 

Its absolutely shat it down at about 5am this morning on the Levels. But its been dry with bursts of rather hot sun all day. 

After making the mistake of looking at the BBC's next two weeks, I now only forecast by looking out my window with a glace to the east. 

1 minute ago, kpins said:

Why does everyone keep posting the current weather wherever they are? What's the weather going to be like for the festival is all the matters!

Im pretty local and the state on the build up does have a significant bearing on the weekend of.  

13 minutes ago, kpins said:

Why does everyone keep posting the current weather wherever they are? What's the weather going to be like for the festival is all the matters!

Because it balances out some negativity on this thread while people could and should be getting excited for the festival in 18 days time 

13 minutes ago, kpins said:

Its sunny here in Dublin today!

This thread borders on insanity and is indicative of the decline of western society.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its sunny here in Dublin today!

This thread borders on insanity and is indicative of the decline of western society.

I’ll be in Dublin on Thursday, keep the weather good for my visit please. 😊

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Not all over the pyramid field in the build up

Strange. Perhaps anticipating some activity there over the run up to the festival and getting it down as a precaution given the rain forecast for coming days. Not like there will be much footfall there on Wednesday or Thursday so would have thought they could have done it then if conditions did end up being bad and their concern was for during the festival 

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

Strange. Perhaps anticipating some activity there over the run up to the festival and getting it down as a precaution given the rain forecast for coming days. Not like there will be much footfall there on Wednesday or Thursday so would have thought they could have done it then if conditions did end up being bad and their concern was for during the festival 

Already been sussed Gherkin :) they did the exact same last year. Wood chips arrived in same spot June 13th 2023.

13 minutes ago, briddj said:

Really important not to go too early, but still good. Dry on the Tuesday and 22-23 degrees.

image.thumb.png.044109af575fdfe009225359c799155f.png

You could say it's a bit of a ... knife edge?

image.png.0806bfe175c52d537231a6cef1564cb9.png

Bridd you know you're my favourite poster don't you? 

16 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Already been sussed Gherkin 🙂 they did the exact same last year. Wood chips arrived in same spot June 13th 2023.

Soz Jacko, been dipping in and out between chores, work calls, driving etc. reassuring that it's not special precautions cos they know something we don't 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, briddj said:

Really important not to go too early, but still good. Dry on the Tuesday and 22-23 degrees.

There he is!!!! We are officially on THE RUN IN (TM) now. A tiny bit of wee just came out.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, briddj said:

This is the update to the map I posted this morning, so panic over. I get annoyed with myself every year for getting freeked out by one Fantasy Island run.

Edited by devonhammer

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Soz Jacko, been dipping in and out between chores, work calls, driving etc. reassuring that it's not special precautions cos they know something we don't 

You mean you're actually busy and not arsing about on here all day?

:) 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, briddj said:

Oh boy, here we go! We know it's getting close when these posts start again. I'm in for the ride!

NFR NFC crew reporting in.

(Thanks in advance and throughout for sharing your knowledge of these things!)