The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

15 minutes ago, briddj said:

Let's get back on the bus with the 06Z!

THROUGH TO GATES OPEN

The weekend rain tracks south of the UK and hits the English channel. Still one to keep an eye on there, but in this run it's completely dry over the weekend and at the start of next week.

Highs of 22-23 on Monday and Tuesday too ... which suggests high pressure is winning!

GATES OPEN & WEDNESDAY

19-20 when gates open.

Completely dry all day with highs of 24-25.

Overnight temps into Thursday morning of 13-14.

image.thumb.png.6c89decc2d70a82e15f532cc445cd25a.png

As you can see from the latest pressure chart (on the right), high pressure is firmly in control unlike on the 00Z (on the left).

image.thumb.png.9407e6bc243107e7c878d81091da1168.png

THURSDAY

Completely dry, highs of 24-25.

Overnight temps into Friday morning of 16-17.

image.thumb.png.2a2a8a605b5216804fe5fd22fbb9019b.png

FRIDAY

Completely dry, highs of 26-27.

Overnight temps into Saturday morning of 17-18.

image.thumb.png.c47e6a9f5759751d1c64f2f125057c6b.png

SATURDAY

Completely dry, highs of 24-25.

Overnight temps into Sunday morning of 13-14.

image.thumb.png.a7915f355c213d327367ff635e75acba.png

High pressure really is dominant.

image.png.e95c0059d0da4918cd24c14cf7743932.png

SUNDAY

Completely dry, highs of around 24.

image.thumb.png.ce65cb215fd3163d59eb39835d5a1778.png

SUMMARY

Nothing more to say other than SCORCHIO!

I'm sorry, I'm just cum.

🙂

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Not getting ahead of myself, but I'm so buzzed that newbies (whoever you are!) might well get a dry first Glasto. Nowt better experience in the world and really gets you a chance to experience the best place on earth in all its glory! 

Also can more people please by your f**king wellies, raincoats, boots etc. we need to keep this good stuff up. 

I've only been to the last 3 festivals, just incredibly lucky. I can't even imagine the site being soggy.

Edited by svphie

Just now, svphie said:

I've only been to the last 3 festivals, just incredibly lucky. I can't even imagine the site being soggy.

Yeah, most of my mates are the same - only been to warm ones. 

If you get a muddy one now you'll be ok cos you know the beauty of the place and will crack on regardless. If it's your first one, and there's not the art work, or certain stages are flooded off it's just not the same! 

2 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Yeah, most of my mates are the same - only been to warm ones. 

If you get a muddy one now you'll be ok cos you know the beauty of the place and will crack on regardless. If it's your first one, and there's not the art work, or certain stages are flooded off it's just not the same! 

Can imagine it's a bit different. the last camping festival I went to before Glastonbury 2019 was Leeds 2011 and that was enough to put me off any for 8 whole years. just rotten. but also it was Leeds.

It's funny, after the ECM being the leader of the warm and dry runs with the GFS lagging a bit, now the GFS is warm and dry and the ECM is starting to have a little wobble and a couple of ECM runs are showing a possibility of rain Fri/Sat/Sun. However, the majority are showing 0 which is what we like.

We're still a long way off and it's all about the probabilistic forecasts at the moment. to that end, the majority of ECM runs are good, the Meteograms show that over 50% of the runs are dry across Fri/Sat/Sun which is unheard of. Even the last 2 years, seen as really good festivals weather wise, have had some rain at various points.

I don't think we can hope for much better at this point.

48 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Looks great

Netweather NMM Image

Feel a bit sorry for the Azores. They've given us so much over the years and AzoreStock might be a washout.

Let’s hope we don’t get teabagged by those testicles up north of low pressure in our enthusiasm. Prefer the finger!

I'm arriving on the Sunday as a recycler in Tom's Field and staying for 13 days so the MO is looking fab for the week before and Sunday and Monday so I'm having that. All the racket starts on the Wednesday sadly. Could you please keep the noise down when you get there ! Hopefully this good news will last and a great one beckons.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 123651.jpg

11 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I had my heater on in the garden office today and it's the second half of June. All of this has to count for something. 

I think realistically you should use the heater even as it continues to improve.

Anything else would be an insult to the weather gods. 

I too am expecting the arrival of a new waterproof jacket. I went for an upmarket one too so that should further appease the weather gods accordingly towards a dustbowl.