7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A game changer if you thrive on a case of the betty swollocks

Only if it’s warm. 
wet and warm = shorts

wet and cold = over trousers 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve considered it … something ideally I’d like to avoid having to carry 

My husband (has cerebral palsy so similarly needs to take the weight off his feet regularly) takes a shooting stick, which packs up very small and light (smaller than a telescopic stool IMO)

Just now, MrsRookin said:

My husband (has cerebral palsy so similarly needs to take the weight off his feet regularly) takes a shooting stick, which packs up very small and light (smaller than a telescopic stool IMO)

Will take a look thanks 

I’m not even going this year - failed on ticket day, which is actually a blessing as my mental health has been in the bin with a recent four month admission and ongoing ECT treatment now, so would never have been able to go…

HOWEVER somehow I am still drawn to the weather thread, and am rooting for you all to have the most gloriously dry but not-too-hot festival. Hopefully I’ll be back next time, with my eldest kiddo ready to experience his first Glasto ❤️

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Almost always very good. Sometimes hard to get to a mobility platform at headliner time, but generally fine. Had one incident when a lad was showing off to his mates and jumped on the back. I think he was trying to force me to do a wheelie, but flipped the whole thing backwards. His mates absolutely ripped him a new one and made sure that I was OK.

I had a colleague a few years back whose girlfriend used something similar. I remember him saying she had to deal with the occasional dickhead jumping on it which could be pretty scary at times. Generally though it was the constant 'gis a lift' comments. Good natured and all but it got old VERY quickly.

5 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Don't look at the BBC weather page for PIlton next weekend right now.

No. Really. Don't. I'm upset now.

Could swear it looked glorious a couple of days ago.

I looked.

Unless my page has not updated yet it is not dire - not wonderful but far from dire........................ til the next update as the jet stream forecast now shopws a big low sat on us that weekend.

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Don't look at the BBC weather page for PIlton next weekend right now.

No. Really. Don't. I'm upset now.

Could swear it looked glorious a couple of days ago.

I did the very same thing about an hour ago. Mistake.

Thankfully I won't believe anything until about Monday. I have ordered some ponchos just incase though.

1 hour ago, devonhammer said:

Almost always very good. Sometimes hard to get to a mobility platform at headliner time, but generally fine. Had one incident when a lad was showing off to his mates and jumped on the back. I think he was trying to force me to do a wheelie, but flipped the whole thing backwards. His mates absolutely ripped him a new one and made sure that I was OK.

Thanks. I'm getting to the stage where I'm finding it tough to get around and was considering purchasing one.

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

Thanks. I'm getting to the stage where I'm finding it tough to get around and was considering purchasing one.

It's a game changer. Happy for you to have a look - are you camping in Spring Ground?