The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

I am a bit bamboozled by this thread. Was having a good run of keeping up with it and last I saw on Wednesday was overwhelmingly positivity, but... where are we at now?! Unsettled weather? A deluge of the sorts not seen since the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs?

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I still think one of the enduring Glastonbury myths is that 2008 ticket sales were slow because of Jay-Z and Emily 'rebooting the festival'. I went with a group of about 35 in 2007, and it was so awful only four of us returned in 2008. 

Similar experience here. If forecasts were showing a 2007 washout, I think I'd actually just stay at home. Especially since I'm nearly 20 years older now! It was so exhausting, and depressing by the end. Destroyed me physically and mentally.

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Latest ecm looking positive. Screenshot from netweather.

Screenshot_20240621_163629_Chrome.jpg

Proabably going to embaress myself as per, but does that show that spot of low pressure that was hanging over the UK has dissapated? 

Edited by kemosabe

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

The high looks to be winning basically. Hopefully not an outlier, latest gfs rolling out now.

I thought we'd never see that lovely high again.

No chance I'm getting excited after Wednesday nights euphoria only to be 2 days of garbage after.

Also froze two litres of sangria this morning to test its freezability and am happily quite merry at 4.45pm. Could someone explain the weather predictions in simple terms please. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Also froze two litres of sangria this morning to test its freezability and am happily quite merry at 4.45pm. Could someone explain the weather predictions in simple terms please. 

Easy. No-one has Scooby-f**king-Doo.

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

We’ve got 3 one litre cartons from Sainsbury’s in the freezer at the mo - glad to hear it’s worked out well!

Just now, cb4747 said:

There will be weather, in simple terms. As usual in June, it could be good, bad or ugly.

I reckon it’s going to be OK. Pack a sun hat and a coat and walking boots as well as trainers.

Just now, cb4747 said:

Walk me through it your procedure mate, I'm planning on doing the same.

Thinking of mixing red/orange juice beforehand , and topping up with lemonade for fizz when I get there(with ice and fruit of course)