The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Its not going to be a repeat of 2016, and I did that with walking boots whilst my friends in wellies all lost them at various points.

Indeed. We had a comp to see who could spot the most people getting sucked off (the wellies but the other would count towards total)

I've been obsessing over this thread for days. Learned a lot about forecasts, pressure and fingers. I can pretty much say with absolutely confidence how the weather is going to turn out.

It's going to be sunny some times but not all of the time. Wind will exist as will some clouds that may or may not be there all day. It's going to probably rain but maybe not. If the rain does come which it maybe might not it probably is going to either be a little or a lot. It's going to be warm for a bit and cold for a bit, sometimes hot potentially too hot but also could be cool at times. You're going to be wet from sweat and wet from rain at the same time, leave the wellies at home but make sure you pack your wellies. Take time to find shade from the clouds too and remember your suncream which you won't need but you might.

Hope that helps.

Edited by nowyouregideon
  • Upvote 5

I arbitrarily decided that I wouldn't pay any attention to any weather forecasts until Sunday lunchtime, which it now is. Looks like it's going to be fine. I don't know how you lot have filled 139 pages with that but, um, well done I guess. 

• Upvote 2

Hi guys bit of off topic here 

My mate got his ticket on the resale. The tickets were posted on 17th June by royal mail (by the person who received them from Glastonbury) which is meant to be 1-3 days. He called royal mail and they said it's delayed and won't be considered lost until the 29th June. Any ideas what he should do?

4 minutes ago, hboss said:

My mate got his ticket on the resale. The tickets were posted on 17th June by royal mail (by the person who received them from Glastonbury) which is meant to be 1-3 days. He called royal mail and they said it's delayed and won't be considered lost until the 29th June. Any ideas what he should do?

advice and maybe post here so not lost in weather chat 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hboss said:

Did he not post them on Special Delivery so it's tracked?

17 minutes ago, behindthebunhouse said:

The google deepmind AI graphcast model, which the netweather nerds seem to be quite enamoured of, is still giving us positive signs for the weekend  

Yassssss