The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

17 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. There isn’t enough shade at Glasto.  Lots of sunburnt people already.  It’s a hot one alright…

image.thumb.jpeg.7f5b9a7149a2072f0853fca2d69d73fc.jpeg

Oh god, I remember having to do that maneuver in.... 2010? 2013? Yes the lack of shade on a hot day is a real issue, and the tent is no help there....

42 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

This came up on my Timehop today. Ten years ago - the 2014 storm approaching the Other Stage. 

1df3fcc6-d894-4bae-abc9-719fc04a3f76.jpeg

That was epic. I was at the pyramid and could see it approaching. They shut down the stage and I legged it Got into Cornish Arms just before the rain. They had cask ale so could still serve beer even without electricity. 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Weatherwatch failing to watch the actual weather

😁

TBF I was assuming the only people reading this wouldn't be there yet, and unless they live in Pilton would not be onsite in time for the 30 minutes of drizzle that was taking place at the time. 

11 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Blue sky has appeared already.  Not enough to dampen down the dust.  Another feature today will be the wind.  I’m up at Worthy and it’s already very blowy.  

image.thumb.jpeg.38b392bb186ba5a7fcf8a8f3924a7c20.jpeg

I'm up here too and can concur. Hopefully a bit less breezy down the hill.

17 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

😁

TBF I was assuming the only people reading this wouldn't be there yet, and unless they live in Pilton would not be onsite in time for the 30 minutes of drizzle that was taking place at the time. 

The merest sprinkle. Left the dust unkept down.

Anyone else got a sinking feeling that the lovely weather luck we have had for the last 8 years has to break at some point? 

Not on the farm this year myself and whilst I am delighted for those who are that you are getting good weather, I cannot help but think ahead to next year when I will (hopefully) be back... 

Could 2025 by the year of the deluge? 

8 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Anyone else got a sinking feeling that the lovely weather luck we have had for the last 8 years has to break at some point? 

Not on the farm this year myself and whilst I am delighted for those who are that you are getting good weather, I cannot help but think ahead to next year when I will (hopefully) be back... 

Could 2025 by the year of the deluge? 

To be fair, the pessimism in many of us think this will be case every year.
I’d say we cane pretty damn close to a washout this year - missed the horrendous weather at the start of June by a couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

That was epic. I was at the pyramid and could see it approaching. They shut down the stage and I legged it Got into Cornish Arms just before the rain. They had cask ale so could still serve beer even without electricity. 

It was wild wasn't it, I was at the green arms (as it was) in t and c and the loudest thunderclap then everything went off and is rained like I've never seen before, but cash and cash ales got us through 😀

9 hours ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Blue sky has appeared already.  Not enough to dampen down the dust.  Another feature today will be the wind.  I’m up at Worthy and it’s already very blowy.  

image.thumb.jpeg.38b392bb186ba5a7fcf8a8f3924a7c20.jpeg

Legend...I apologise for my drunkeness and have I robbed your sunglasses 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, al_coholic said:

That was so cool, set everything back an hour and I ended up watching a couple of bands I never would have watched otherwise! 

Quite a few of the models, including UKMO, still keen on some rain on Sunday morning, courtesy of this feature.    

IMG_2069.thumb.png.342a51d75dcc796acfd3257b81116640.png

They just vary in timing and intensity.  Might make you damp if you’re going out early.   Shouldn’t be too disruptive though…

ECM:

IMG_2068.png.b305a1d618abcc8a138c8152d5d6e46d.png

UKMO:

IMG_2067.png.64b2dd71056f219d33d20a57246afdac.png

ARPEGE:

IMG_2066.png

Edited by Sheffield Steve