The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Despite all the fears expressed prefestival we found the weather this year absolutely perfect. Not too warm but still t shirts, shorts and walking shoes every day. A lightweight fleece in the bag for the evenings helped keep out the chill.  Preferable to heatwave temps, and made the long walks around the site a lot easier. Let’s be having the same next year😊😉

Wow. Amazing weather! Couple of chilly nights but nothing a hoodie couldn't solve.

Otherwise perfect. Made even more amazing by the return to crap weather as soon as the festival is over. 14 degrees and rain for me today (Suffolk). Gotta be half the Saturday daytime temp on site!

What I find most appealing is how utterly useless all the forecasts turned out to be, including those the day before we all headed to the festival.

Of course that doesn't mean I wont be checking this thread daily, months out, if I manage to secure a ticket for next year...!

On 6/29/2024 at 3:15 AM, kalifire said:

See-your-own-breath level now. 

f**king freezing. 

About an hour later I had to haul myself out of my lovely warm sleeping bag to start my stewarding shift on PGC.

It was cold and slow at first - just a trickle of people returning from the SE corner (the walk of shame before the hill of death!) -  then speeding up to hot and hectic in the second half as all the campervanners came piling back in for the day.

Edited by kerplunk

6 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Saturday was too hot if I'm being picky, but overall probably the best Glastonbury weather I've experienced. Sunday particularly was mostly lovely.

wholeheartedly agree. 

I think i had too much sun on saturday, maybe didnt cover up enough.  left me feeling a bit poorly on sunday.  

but overall I'd take this weather every year if i could 

11 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I think it is impressive that the best few days of weather of the summer happened to drop just at the right time for the festival and now we've returned to the cooler, grey and wet days that have largely defined the weather for most of this year. 

It was the same last year too I think.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The festival hoodies seemed to sell very well this year. Obviously the chilly nights to blame 

The navy one is really nice, definitely better quality than previous ones. Lived in that all weekend! 

Everyone up north says its been horrible this past week, so I think we got lucky. 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

The navy one is really nice, definitely better quality than previous ones. Lived in that all weekend! 

Everyone up north says it’s m been horrible this past week, so I think we got lucky. 

I’m from ‘up north’ and I couldn’t believe the weather you guys all got at the festival compared to what it was like here! Was like two completely different seasons. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

I’m from ‘up north’ and I couldn’t believe the weather you guys all got at the festival compared to what it was like here! Was like two completely different seasons. 

our neighbours were just like "shame about the weather" despite us coming back looking like we've been to Spain for a week!