The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

12 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Real scorcho . Anyone want a low temp at night of 40? Thought not

IMG_1289.jpeg

Overnight low above is in the low 30s, not 40!…currently in Doha, same overnight lows…balmy in the evening! Short sleeves and beautiful for night swimming, walks and eating outdoors. All depends on humidity not absolute temp. Anyway, festival isn’t in California! 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Site getting a leathering over the last 24 hours.  We were so so lucky.

Crazy storm in Somerset in the very early hours this morning. Biblical rain, ridiculously loud thunder and lightning for about 15 straight minutes. Not sure it reached the farm (I'm about 30 minutes away) but if it did exactly 7 days previous, it would have been complete carnage. I think The Nal's reverse psychology is the real Pilton forcefield.

8 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Overnight low above is in the low 30s, not 40!…currently in Doha, same overnight lows…balmy in the evening! Short sleeves and beautiful for night swimming, walks and eating outdoors. All depends on humidity not absolute temp. Anyway, festival isn’t in California! 

comparing it to the other festival that happens here if it was this weekend. Also, Palm Springs hit 124 yesterday as a high which is a new record. Hell on earth thats for sure. Would be tempted to go to a concert out there today cause this kind of weather turns people off from attending and resale drops but I think staying home is the move

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

comparing it to the other festival that happens here if it was this weekend. Also, Palm Springs hit 124 yesterday as a high which is a new record. Hell on earth thats for sure. Would be tempted to go to a concert out there today cause this kind of weather turns people off from attending and resale drops but I think staying home is the move

124 is hot alright! Was 112 here today with little or no breeze…granted I didn’t get up to much but float in the pool from time to time!

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

It is wild how warm it is in the South West US.

Uruguay v Brazil in the Copa America in Las Vegas last night in a week of heat way in excess of 40 degree C (or 104 F) sounds like an ordeal for everyone.

On 7/6/2024 at 9:51 AM, charlierc said:

Down the road from me is Silverstone where a lot of people go camping for this weekend's British Grand Prix.

Suspect they'll need a lot of waterproofing judging by the hideous rain since about 5-6 yesterday evening.

Sure enough I've heard of people getting tents flooded or ruined by a particularly bad thunderstorm at around 3am yesterday morning.

Today seems drier so far. But then there's still be a brief lick of the damp stuff and it's a very low bar to be drier than getting saturated by a thunderstorm.