The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

2 hours ago, nowyouregideon said:

I've been obsessing over this thread for days. Learned a lot about forecasts, pressure and fingers. I can pretty much say with absolutely confidence how the weather is going to turn out.

It's going to be sunny some times but not all of the time. Wind will exist as will some clouds that may or may not be there all day. It's going to probably rain but maybe not. If the rain does come which it maybe might not it probably is going to either be a little or a lot. It's going to be warm for a bit and cold for a bit, sometimes hot potentially too hot but also could be cool at times. You're going to be wet from sweat and wet from rain at the same time, leave the wellies at home but make sure you pack your wellies. Take time to find shade from the clouds too and remember your suncream which you won't need but you might.

Hope that helps.

Nailed it. But don’t forget about those overnight temperatures which may be too hot to sleep comfortably or too cold so you need an extra blanket. Or both. Or neither. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, HGlasto said:

Met office looking perfect, I’m going with that 😂

Really is looking good isn't it!

Surely with it just days away that's somewhere close to what were getting.

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Really is looking good isn't it!

Surely with it just days away that's somewhere close to what were getting.

Confidence in the forecast decreases the further the range.  So for Wednesday/ Thursday there's a decent chance. But for next Sunday / Monday it's still too far away 

Met Office looks awesome... 

Caveat..

The met office have been awful lately since they been messing with new data. Like total opposites in real time... saying its sunny when I'm sat in the rain

Even now it's saying sunny intervals where I am but there's not been a cloud in sight for hours... small difference I know but still wrong haha 

Edited by Havors

20 minutes ago, Havors said:

Met Office looks awesome... 

Caveat..

The met office have been awful lately since they been messing with new data. Like total opposites in real time... saying its sunny when I'm sat in the rain

Even now it's saying sunny intervals where I am but there's not been a cloud in sight for hours... small difference I know but still wrong haha 

I swore by MO until recently but it's been a bit inconsistent for me. Said risk of ylight rain was a couple of hrs away yesterday when I was looking out at a biblical deluge. 

As appreciative as I am of all the effort folk have gone to monitoring this, I wish I'd never discovered this thread😂. I was preaching que sera, rain or shine it'll be great, no point looking until Tues........now I am looking in every hour and am paranoid about any forecast now😃

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Maybe the weather can be as weird as I found Manchester on Friday, given we had a double rainbow, drizzle and sunshine at once during Green Day's set.

Aren't rain and sun required for a rainbow?

8 minutes ago, SPW said:

I swore by MO until recently but it's been a bit inconsistent for me. Said risk of ylight rain was a couple of hrs away yesterday when I was looking out at a biblical deluge. 

As appreciative as I am of all the effort folk have gone to monitoring this, I wish I'd never discovered this thread😂. I was preaching que sera, rain or shine it'll be great, no point looking until Tues........now I am looking in every hour and am paranoid about any forecast now😃

Soon as you get onsite you’ll forget it and deal with what’s overhead anyway … maybe the odd convo at campsite but nothing too intense 

9 minutes ago, SPW said:

Yeah it's always been very reliable for until this year it's gone nuts. My mate ran the bob Graham run in the lakes which takes a lot of planning and accurate weather. He used and swore by MO but recently it's all over the place 

7 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Mistake, still chance it'll change for the worst.

Sorry to say this, but at least that Nal guy is faintly amusing while he’s trying to be contrary, you on the other hand are coming across as a genuine melt 🫣

• Upvote 3

Looks like we have resolution on Wednesday/Thursday at long last i.e. warm/dry. It'll be then down to how far south the trough/low pressure gets for the weekend.

UKMO has this moving quickly to the north of us where as the GFS is keen (again) on a more unsettled outlook. See where the ECM sits later

1 minute ago, AdrianH said:

Looks like we have resolution on Wednesday/Thursday at long last i.e. warm/dry. It'll be then down to how far south the trough/low pressure gets for the weekend.

UKMO has this moving quickly to the north of us where as the GFS is keen (again) on a more unsettled outlook. See where the ECM sits later

So all to play for after Thursday then still?

Just this second packed my walking boots into the van