The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Seems to be some scope from UKMO, GEM & ECM that we may even see some more improvement to temps over the weekend depending on how the final postioning ends up, but thats a big IF at the moment. I can't see things downgrading again at this point, and worse case (which is still best case regardless) is it remains where its at.

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

What’s the best app to use during fest … I did use dark sky for a bit … just mainly for checking same day stuff ideally 

MET office app is pretty good, albeit with a slightly dated interface. Their rainfall prediction map is decent. I've also used Rain Alarm for years.

Edited by Cheesey
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

What’s the best app to use during fest … I did use dark sky for a bit … just mainly for checking same day stuff ideally 

I use Weather & Radar app all the time for cycling. Has a great rain radar.

Worked a treat before Sam Fender when it pissed it down. I could see on the app that the rain was about to start, and then stop. We stayed dry AND came out for under a tree at the perfect time. 

I said "come on, the sun is coming out in five minutes". No one believed me but THEY DID SHORTLY AFTER.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whatmidlifecrisis? said:

I can concur. Woken by a cazoo band playing next to my parachute hammock after a wonderful boozy doze led to a very similar impulse buy a few years ago. I still have it, wear it and make no apology. 🙂

Username checks out perfectly 😁 (and I like it, it’s all good!) 

• Like 1

Before the festival I obsess on this thread.

During the festival I ignore the forecasts and am offline.

If needed I carry wet weather gear in bag, if not I leave it in the tent.

Far too busy dancing and having fun to gaze at a small screen watching forecasts

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Before the festival I obsess on this thread.

During the festival I ignore the forecasts and am offline.

If needed I carry wet weather gear in bag, if not I leave it in the tent.

Far too busy dancing and having fun to gaze at a small screen watching forecasts

Same on the run up, The bit in the Glastonbury Free Press is enough for me when I'm there.....

25 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

All set up in the Oxfield!  Perfect weather for putting up a tent and lugging sh*t from the car.

Ground is rock hard - make sure you bring a mallet.

IMG_7449.jpeg

What a difference from last month at Bearded Theory where I pitched my tent on ground with the same consistency as blancmange. Now this is an upgrade.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

I use Weather & Radar app all the time for cycling. Has a great rain radar.

Worked a treat before Sam Fender when it pissed it down. I could see on the app that the rain was about to start, and then stop. We stayed dry AND came out for under a tree at the perfect time. 

I said "come on, the sun is coming out in five minutes". No one believed me but THEY DID SHORTLY AFTER.

Another vote for Weather & Radar for real time info. That plus Met Office will see you good.

A measure of my confidence of the ground condirions is that my friend has said that they're bringing a mallet and I'm considering packing another mallet just in case.

I'm obviously still packing a Gore Tex jacket and a poncho.

1 hour ago, devonhammer said:

A measure of my confidence of the ground condirions is that my friend has said that they're bringing a mallet and I'm considering packing another mallet just in case.

I'm obviously still packing a Gore Tex jacket and a poncho.

I don't have a mallet...one of my mates usually brings it, but he was in the group that didn't get through this year. Have resisted getting one as I didn't want to anger the weather gods...am I safe to go and get one on the way home today?? Have packed two umbrellas so surely that would balance it out (never packed an umbrella before, figured I'd throw them in a sacrifice this year!)...

47 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

I don't have a mallet...one of my mates usually brings it, but he was in the group that didn't get through this year. Have resisted getting one as I didn't want to anger the weather gods...am I safe to go and get one on the way home today?? Have packed two umbrellas so surely that would balance it out (never packed an umbrella before, figured I'd throw them in a sacrifice this year!)...

Remember that they're Nordic gods and it's a hammer for battle. If there are pegs around that need some help, then that's a coincidence.

Image result for thor

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1