The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Doing my bit...

Last week's mud and piss has now been cleaned off my walking boots. 

Mac in a sac packed.

Poncho in a sack packed for if it's really bad

And I still won't let OH buy sun cream "We'll take the little bit we have and get more there, can't upset the weather gods!!!"

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Doing my bit...

Last week's mud and piss has now been cleaned off my walking boots. 

Mac in a sac packed.

Poncho in a sack packed for if it's really bad

And I still won't let OH buy sun cream "We'll take the little bit we have and get more there, can't upset the weather gods!!!"

My wellies have just been lit back in the shed 👍🏼

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

My wellies have just been lit back in the shed 👍🏼

There's starting to be a lot of posts like this and it's giving me the heebie-jeebies. I studied meteorology and can tell you that the most important factor is the weather gods. We are so, so close. Don't f**k this up people!!!

6 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

There's starting to be a lot of posts like this and it's giving me the heebie-jeebies. I studied meteorology and can tell you that the most important factor is the weather gods. We are so, so close. Don't f**k this up people!!!

Was going to leave my wellies and big coat in the car but decided it was too risky and brought them onsite. It’s my offering. 

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I’ve brought my wellies every year since 2016 and I’m not stopping now, it’s clearly working

Totally agree. Got boots, wellies and trainers. Never anger the weather gods.’ In a travelodge near Birmingham and it’s bloody roasting, car boot full of footwear, rainwear ponchos hats umbrellas,  can’t see us needing them ! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

14 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

I'll take 1 welly with me then... Just to be sure

21 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I’ve brought my wellies every year since 2016 and I’m not stopping now, it’s clearly working

Yeah I don’t understand people not going prepared. It can all still change especially by Saturday/Sunday. It’s just tempting fate and risking the wrath of the Weather Gods by not making the necessary sacrifices.

16 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Only if you want to be watering it with the tears of efesters, should you upset the weather gods... 

Well, I've done it now.
Don't worry, all will be fine.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Totally agree. Got boots, wellies and trainers. Never anger the weather gods.’ In a travelodge near Birmingham and it’s bloody roasting, car boot full of footwear, rainwear ponchos hats umbrellas,  can’t see us needing them ! 

this is the way

27 minutes ago, hboss said:

I don't want to sound like I'm not grateful how the weather has turned out but is there a chance of it getting warmer. The feels like temperature for Friday is 16/17?

I wouldn't stress too deeply over that. It's light wind all week and do remember that its summer solstice, the sun is at its highest and strongest so when you're in the sun it will feel very pleasant. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hboss said:

I don't want to sound like I'm not grateful how the weather has turned out but is there a chance of it getting warmer. The feels like temperature for Friday is 16/17?

Everything is going to be fine. You'll need a long sleeve top late at night as an absolute worst case option. 

Layers layers layers. 

T shirt -> T shirt and overshirt -> T shirt and jumper -> T shirt, jumper and overshirt -> T shirt, jumper, overshirt and rain jacket

This has worked very well for me in the past - I leave my tent with a small backpack with the shirt, jumper and jacket and I'm set for the day. Currently debating if I should pick up a beanie this year though as a final line of defense, given the pretty chilly night time temps...

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Conversely, I haven't brought wellies since 2016 and am not this year either as it's clearly working for me too!

Just now, Beerqueen said:

Conversely, I haven't brought wellies since 2016 and am not this year either as it's clearly working for me too!

I'm exactly the same. Brought trainers only every year since and worked out lovely