The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

I'm off. Briddj - stellar work as always. A comfortable win. Sunday all to play for but in test Cricket that's a 4-1 comfortable win against the horrible 'Low's'. Up the highs - see you on the best place on earth!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Same, but I’ve seen the clips of IDLES and there’s definitely a decent amount (not sure where I was at the time, but I didn’t take my rain coat out of my bag all weekend). 

2023 I don’t think it rained at all. 

it did around 11am on the wednesday - i know that as i was just through the gates and was walking up to my camp!

54 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I don't remember rain in 2022 other than about 10 mins when there were a few spots of rain one day which prompted me to put my poncho on and then it never materialized.

It was extremely brief. I remember seeing a bit from inside Woodsies watching Sigurd / Phoebe Bridgers but it was glorious sun by the time I was out after Bridgers.

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

it did around 11am on the wednesday - i know that as i was just through the gates and was walking up to my camp!

Ah I wasn’t onsite until Thurs midday

19 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

I'm off. Briddj - stellar work as always. A comfortable win. Sunday all to play for but in test Cricket that's a 4-1 comfortable win against the horrible 'Low's'. Up the highs - see you on the best place on earth!!!!!!

a great analogy. We retain the ashes, the ashes in this case being the scorched, dusty Somerset earth.

Edited by Physical_graffiti
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It did, I was at Plant and Krauss before Fender and it was a decent downpour

Yeah the only rain I remember from the whole weekend was standing waiting for Fender to start in between acts and getting hit with sideways rain for 15-20 mins

Just now, skinnymike said:

Yeah the only rain I remember from the whole weekend was standing waiting for Fender to start in between acts and getting hit with sideways rain for 15-20 mins

Yeah that was the only bit wasn’t it? I can’t remember anything else.

20 minutes ago, skinnymike said:

I was in the pit from prior to Krauss/Plant (one of the worst sets ive witnessed at Glasto) until post Fender and i don't recall sideways rain at all. My rain poncho went for 10 minutes for a passing shower but nothing more than that.

10 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I was in the pit from prior to Krauss/Plant (one of the worst sets ive witnessed at Glasto) until post Fender and i don't recall sideways rain at all. My rain poncho went for 10 minutes for a passing shower but nothing more than that.

Was awful wasn't it!  Not sure why I persisted watching that rubbish!

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

It was really hard work mate. Me and the Mrs were there in the hope we got some Led Zepp and a decent spot for Fender.

Not even sure what I was doing there...I recall watching Supergrass, then wandering off for some food as I was going to see Bonobo at West Holts with a couple of friends and we wanted something to eat first..... somehow found ourselves near the cider bus, so got some dinner and a cider and saw the last 30 minutes I think and it was f**king terrible! 😄 

• Upvote 1

Going to be heading off to the site soon so that I get there in time to watch tonights footy game in the camper field.

Before going though just wanted to doff my cap once again to our roller coaster captain @briddj, and his able co-pilot @Sheffield Steve.

Once again navigated us through the highs and lows, to bring us to what I would say is a bloody cracking looking outlook. (For those NFRNFC I will gladly take a tiny shower Thursday or Sunday now bearing in mind its only a few days ago we were talking about a months worth of rain on the Wednesday morning!)

And also thanks to all of those other regulars in this chat that have made me feel less like a complete freak for checking the forecast here every couple of hours for the last 2 weeks.

I might just pluck up the courage if nerves don't get the better of me, to come to the meet on Wednesday if for no other reason than to ensure that I buy a drink for our captain and co-pilot. 

Have an amazing dry festival one and all and look forward to catching the same rollercoaster this time next year!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's HOT on site!!!! Make sure you've got plenty of water for the queue people... the 'feel like' temperature is through the roof! Woohooo, you can officially leave your wellies at home I'm calling it!!!! 

Safe travels everyone! Thank you weather thread nutters, we did it! Cheers ☀️

20240625_124336.thumb.jpg.47181507a08f519c4a57262a8376d8f8.jpg

Looking good on site! Currently going pub to pub beer gardens in town.   Market bar has cheapest beer. 

Will be logging off soon as friends arriving then getting to site at 3 in the morning

What a ride. Boots in the car but probably wont wear them which feels pretty incredible! Hope everyone has the best festival! 

It's very hot in town.. maybe.. too.. no, it's perfect. 

Met Office now predicting a second low coming in on Saturday after rain from the first low misses us. Hopefully it burns out before it reaches the site but continues the downward trend today. Still not out of the woods for the whole weekend…

https://x.com/metoffice/status/1805602157111943346?s=46&t=OD2g_A8MExyBtWvnPpmuEA