The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

7 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Thanks everyone for the reports. M

if anyone knows their stuff and fancies doing any for us that can’t get there until Friday please do. !

or does anyone have the link of when these charts drop? 

Not arriving until Thursday pm but without @briddjexplaining the graphs, I haven’t a scooby. 

I have been a non posting reader for weeks on here, and indeed for many of the previous years I have been lucky with tickets. I write daily poetry on instagram as @poemparent and was moved to share this tribute to you all today....Thankyou for all the entertainment and insight you all bring - it has been emotional. See you in the fields.

GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL WEATHER THREAD(1).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

Here's a super quick summary of the latest this morning for the stragglers like me who can't get there till Thursday / Friday.

UKMO

Improvement, has mostly taken out threat of rain Sunday but chance of some light passing showers in the am. 

GFS

Dry festival, upgrade from yesterday evening. 

ECM

Dry festival, but wants to bring a low in Monday am, so slim possibility that advances into Sunday. 

MV5BYzZlZDQ2MjgtYjc1Yy00NzBlLWFhMTItZjg1Yjk3OTY1ZjNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

I haven't posted much on here but have been lurking daily to see the updates posted by various users. 

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all contributors of this thread. It seems like it's been an extremely smooth year I terms of weather outlook so far and yet it had me at the edge of my seat the whole time. I can't imagine what it must be like on a dicey build up (I've only been twice in 2022/3).

Best of luck to you all and have a bloody good time!

• Like 1

Watching BBC news this morning weather forecast said chance of a shower on Sunday otherwise dry.  That's a result!

Nice to get decent phone signal for a change in the campee field.  Managing to stream live tv when previous times delays in what's apps going!

Factor 50 at the ready!

Edited by Popsider75

20 minutes ago, Popsider75 said:

Watching BBC news this morning weather forecast said chance of a shower on Sunday otherwise dry.  That's a result!

Nice to get decent phone signal for a change in the campee field.  Managing to stream live tv when previous times delays in what's apps going!

Factor 50 at the ready!

Seems to be another Network onboard this year, where there were two temporary towers on the edge of our camper field last year, there’s now three!!! 

Looks like it might even be a Three (the network) tower, as I suddenly have 5 bars 5g on my Three sim this year!!! Not dumping the vodafone PAYG sim just yet though! 😂🙈

IMG_4302.thumb.jpeg.b00505a6b09b0faa262ed1844a8be657.jpeg

Edited by Alvoram

4 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

We can’t get there until Friday morning (grandparents childcare is 3 nights max 😬) but if anyone on-site still seeing this can you let us know how ground is? Nothing fancy needed - just whether it’s trainers weather or walking boots weathers! 

Ground is bone dry. 100% trainer weather currently. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

We can’t get there until Friday morning (grandparents childcare is 3 nights max 😬) but if anyone on-site still seeing this can you let us know how ground is? Nothing fancy needed - just whether it’s trainers weather or walking boots weathers! 

If it helps, I watched a bloke break his mallet this morning on the Big Ground. I’d say the ground is ‘firm’…