The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

Met Office not looking too shabby:

Friday 14 Jun - Sunday 23 Jun

On Friday and over the weekend, the weather will likely remain a mix of sunshine and showers. During the daytime on each day, showers could become heavy and slow moving, and there is a chance these might turn thundery at times. However, not everywhere will catch a shower, and many places may hold on to warm, sunny days with light winds. Next week, confidence for any dominant weather regimes is considered very low. There are tentative signs of building high pressure from the west at times, but showers or longer spells of rain are also likely to affect the country, with the eastern half of England and Scotland on balance most likely to experience wetter, or at last more showery weather.

Monday 24 Jun - Monday 8 Jul

The outlook remains uncertain for any particular weather patterns to dominate during this period. As such, typical conditions for the UK are most probable, with a mixture of weather types. All areas can expected to see some spells of drier, sunnier weather, but there will also be showers or longer spells of rain at times. Temperatures are most likely to be close to, or above, climatological average.

9 minutes ago, TopBananas said:

Can someone who has been on site reassure me and tell me that's not a mud bath down by the Pyramid...?

image.thumb.png.652b43299ee76b38de3c148d299b482d.png

just speculating on that in Glastocam thread .... looks like its come from a tractor , its not mud its something thats been spread 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

just speculating on that in Glastocam thread .... looks like its come from a tractor , its not mud its something thats been spread 

Woodchips possibly? Prempting bad weather this week and doing their bit to minimise any ground churnup. Always hard for me to remember but they usually lay woodchips at all the mainstages I thought? 

2 hours ago, Alison C said:

We all need to start burying our sausages.

In parts of the UK, especially Scotland and northern England, there's a quirky tradition of burying a sausage to bring good weather 🤣🤣🤣

Oo er matron

Been up in the hills this morning. Forecast was dry, cloudy, but windy and cold. So dressed for a winter hike but forecast proved wrong. Decent heat for a morning, could have been taps aff if it wasn’t for the midges, ticks and horse flies! 
so forecasts can be wrong, even short term ones!
IMG_2170.thumb.jpeg.a0a9851380ad7ef87ed652fc55dd58d5.jpeg

1 minute ago, rlandy95 said:

Woodchips possibly? Prempting bad weather this week and doing their bit to minimise any ground churnup. Always hard for me to remember but they usually lay woodchips at all the mainstages I thought? 

Yeah my immediate thought was woodchips.

Do we noooooo like to see woodchips.

Just now, rlandy95 said:

yeah thats the thought ..... dont remember them ever in pyramid and usually dropped as a result of weather rather than preempted from memory ... wood imagine not cheap 

15 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Oh yeah looks fab!

showers could become heavy and slow moving, and there is a chance these might turn thundery at times

showers or longer spells of rain are also likely to affect the country

there will also be showers or longer spells of rain at times

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Been up in the hills this morning. Forecast was dry, cloudy, but windy and cold. So dressed for a winter hike but forecast proved wrong. Decent heat for a morning, could have been taps aff if it wasn’t for the midges, ticks and horse flies! 

where was that mate - that's Wales in the background no ?

3 hours ago, devonhammer said:

I'm glad it's 2 and a half weeks because the latest GFS data has a biblical low pressure in the Atlantic on the first day of the festival. If this happens, we have to hope that the high pressure ridge from the Azores strengthens and bumps it up to Scotland, otherwise, I don't want to think about it.

Netweather NMM Image

what's known in the trade as a DartBoard low !

Edited by Aragorn

1 hour ago, devonhammer said:

Friday 14 Jun - Sunday 23 Jun

On Friday and over the weekend, the weather will likely remain a mix of sunshine and showers. During the daytime on each day, showers could become heavy and slow moving, and there is a chance these might turn thundery at times. However, not everywhere will catch a shower, and many places may hold on to warm, sunny days with light winds. Next week, confidence for any dominant weather regimes is considered very low. There are tentative signs of building high pressure from the west at times, but showers or longer spells of rain are also likely to affect the country, with the eastern half of England and Scotland on balance most likely to experience wetter, or at last more showery weather.

Monday 24 Jun - Monday 8 Jul

The outlook remains uncertain for any particular weather patterns to dominate during this period. As such, typical conditions for the UK are most probable, with a mixture of weather types. All areas can expected to see some spells of drier, sunnier weather, but there will also be showers or longer spells of rain at times. Temperatures are most likely to be close to, or above, climatological average.

Depends which forecast you read. Some forecast significant rain in the run up....... which is the last thing the fields need! And one says temperatures will be 3C lower than the norm.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Beautiful.  I live in nice Countryside, but this has made me jealous! 

1 hour ago, Jacko45 said:

Yeah my immediate thought was woodchips.

Do we noooooo like to see woodchips.

they do it every year.  If you go back to June 19th on the Web cam time machine they do the same 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not all over the pyramid field in the build up

How I love dismantling your negative character :) 

13th June 2023

TeY1kdd.png

14th June 2023 - here come the woodchips

PJOaOVS.png

Just been on a call with two colleagues.  One is In Bristol and one is in Weston Super Mud.  Both enjoying the lovely sunshine down there. 

So pleasing to see

Just now, LinvoyPrimus said:

I'm feeling quietly optimistic. There's only so much shite weather we can take, and anything we're experiencing now is just The Weather getting stuff out of its system before Glastonbury. This is just how it works.

I just said to my watts app group in the last 2 weeks or so ive needed to water the garden daily apart from maybe 2 days .... ok the weather aint breaking any temperature records but no disaster at the moment , despite the Nals best attempts to maintain the same negative schtick hes been doing on here for years one day he might get bored with the windups . ive been in shorts for last few weeks with no issue 

• Upvote 1