The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

1 minute ago, westholtschic said:

Sat in Glastonbury town enjoying the warm weather. It’s all going to be ok lovely people.

IMG_3344.jpeg

We were sitting there, and then moved over to the crown a few weeks ago! Noticed that the who’d have thought it was closed. Is that recent? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AdrianH said:

Similar theme today from the models. Warmer dry weather this week, switching to lower pressure by Thursday (with the potential for some substantial rain) before drying up again for the festival opening.

I think the Thursday-Saturday period is the danger area - we could get unlucky with the rain or see very little.

There'd be 3 days drying time either way so i cant see mud bath conditions.

With temps of 21 for 3 days after, it would be impossible for there to be any mud.

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We were sitting there, and then moved over to the crown a few weeks ago! Noticed that the who’d have thought it was closed. Is that recent? 

Nice. Going to have to go to Lilleys cider next week to get some Bee Sting now for the farm .

Has it, we don’t come to Glastonbury much now we have moved to Wookey.

Looks like a similar weather  pattern to last year.  Really hope it’s dry for everyone.  Only live a few miles from the site and it’s bloody lovely today.  Mixed emotions as first time in 30 years we didn’t get tickets but I hope everyone going has a fantastic time and roll on 2025

• Like 3

1 minute ago, panasonic2011 said:

I’m more  a Thatchers drinker myself (cheddar valley).  Never tried Lilleys even though we are close to Frome.  Not sure of all that flavoured rubbish!!!

Flavoured cider is the absolute worse. 

I have recently discovered that the only 0% cider you can get is some flavoured kopperberg shite. You may as well have cordial. 

4 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

I have recently discovered that the only 0% cider you can get is some flavoured kopperberg shite. You may as well have cordial. 

Thatchers 0% is very nice.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

Looks like a similar weather  pattern to last year.  Really hope it’s dry for everyone.  Only live a few miles from the site and it’s bloody lovely today.  Mixed emotions as first time in 30 years we didn’t get tickets but I hope everyone going has a fantastic time and roll on 2025

30 years? thats incredible. Theres no perfect way of doing tickets but seem unfair someone whos been every year for 3 decades doesnt get some form of priority while ive only been once and got a ticket

9 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah24 said:

30 years? thats incredible. Theres no perfect way of doing tickets but seem unfair someone whos been every year for 3 decades doesnt get some form of priority while ive only been once and got a ticket

there is many, many ways to go without a ticket. It’s even easier if you’re local. 

29 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

I’ve been every year since 05 (bar ‘13) and I’ve had a proper ticket a handful of times. 

There are ways and means of semi-legit getting in. It’s even easier if you’re really local. 

24 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Agree. Brothers cider is the remnants of a nuclear meltdown with added melted pear drops.

Hecks all the way for me. Will be there early Monday morning in that quirky shop on a residential road in Street. The shop is fantastic.

1 minute ago, bennyboi said:

I’ve been every year since 05 (bar ‘13) and I’ve had a proper ticket a handful of times. 

There are ways and means of semi-legit getting in. It’s even easier if you’re really local. 

Yes we know but didn’t work out this year.  Gutted as we had the chance to work but dilly dallied around organising and the spaces were taken by other people 

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Ok, it's time. Time for the first full weather run through of 2024!

THROUGH TO GATES OPEN

There's the threat of a fair bit of rain on Saturday afternoon and evening, but it's then completely dry to gates open. Highs of 20-21 are great for any drying that might be necessary.

GATES OPEN & WEDNESDAY

Very pleasant at 17-18 and dry. Highs of 20-21 through the day.

image.thumb.png.761c672d692fd48bd2b9723b962614ed.png

High pressure is over the UK. Looking good.

image.png.66990ef46b97a1592015fef73f33e0b6.png

THURSDAY

Completely dry, highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.bc7aeea3ce4f765b61ccd4828882e342.png

FRIDAY

Completely dry, highs of 23.

image.thumb.png.0a8b243f4174ef5e6c362956898c5b16.png

SATURDAY

A very small amount of rain around, you wouldn't even notice it. Highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.253561926ee08f65d0b222673970e354.png

Pressure is still in a good place, but not so commanding.

image.png.6ce05da3fd74fa2abfdf218b994aeb4d.png

SUNDAY

Small amount of rain showing, but again this is really insignificant stuff. Highs of 21-22

image.thumb.png.0f6681aebe391c6f88e5987129f5c230.png

There is a pocket of low pressure out in the Atlantic, which is causing the small amount of rain.

image.png.645737f1fadbab2e3c693062671b43e0.png

SUMMARY

A pretty decent run, with perfect festival temperatures.

We do have to watch the weekend, however, we're a long way off any confidence and low pressure still lurking.

We go again at 6pm-ish!

Too much rain. 

But a great first effort. 

2 hours ago, briddj said:

Ok, it's time. Time for the first full weather run through of 2024!

THROUGH TO GATES OPEN

There's the threat of a fair bit of rain on Saturday afternoon and evening, but it's then completely dry to gates open. Highs of 20-21 are great for any drying that might be necessary.

GATES OPEN & WEDNESDAY

Very pleasant at 17-18 and dry. Highs of 20-21 through the day.

image.thumb.png.761c672d692fd48bd2b9723b962614ed.png

High pressure is over the UK. Looking good.

image.png.66990ef46b97a1592015fef73f33e0b6.png

THURSDAY

Completely dry, highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.bc7aeea3ce4f765b61ccd4828882e342.png

FRIDAY

Completely dry, highs of 23.

image.thumb.png.0a8b243f4174ef5e6c362956898c5b16.png

SATURDAY

A very small amount of rain around, you wouldn't even notice it. Highs of 22.

image.thumb.png.253561926ee08f65d0b222673970e354.png

Pressure is still in a good place, but not so commanding.

image.png.6ce05da3fd74fa2abfdf218b994aeb4d.png

SUNDAY

Small amount of rain showing, but again this is really insignificant stuff. Highs of 21-22

image.thumb.png.0f6681aebe391c6f88e5987129f5c230.png

There is a pocket of low pressure out in the Atlantic, which is causing the small amount of rain.

image.png.645737f1fadbab2e3c693062671b43e0.png

SUMMARY

A pretty decent run, with perfect festival temperatures.

We do have to watch the weekend, however, we're a long way off any confidence and low pressure still lurking.

We go again at 6pm-ish!

The operational above is abit out of whack with other runs on the 06z 

Screenshot_20240616_150425_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 hours ago, Little Thief said:

Yeah, shout out Beak! They’ve opened up the taproom so heading there today in an act of solidarity.

Hugely offtopic here of course, but their taproom is a lovely little spot! I also unashamedly love the Gardeners arms, the Snowdrop, and Patch in Lewes - it’s such a good town for a few beers - that’s barely even scratching the surface of great spots for a pint! 

• Upvote 1