The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

That'd be two in a row, bad bad signals. 

Just bad vibes all around. 

I'm full of self-loathing now - I got complacent and too happy with the situation. I dared to dream, and thats always too much. It's the hope that gets you. 

Edited by kemosabe

1 minute ago, kemosabe said:

Just bad vibes all around. 

I'm full of self-loathing now - I got complacent and too happy with the situation. I dared to dream, and thats always too much. It's the hope that gets you. 

I'm very much used to this feeling - I'm able to deal with utter disappointment easily now.

I'm a Leeds United fan. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, briddj said:

This isn't looking good.

I was thinking that, but the last couple of blocks aren't as bad as before... 3am and 6am Thursday should tell us a lot I reckon... nearly there!  Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, CR77 said:

I was thinking that, but the last couple of blocks aren't as bad as before... 3am and 6am Thursday should tell us a lot I reckon... nearly there!  Fingers crossed!

This is giving me a tiny bit of hope before @briddj deals the hammer blow. 

The good: temperatures look like staying pretty reasonable. The bad: The Atlantic trough looks primed to keep spitting out shallow low pressure systems in our direction.

Nothing nailed down as yet though. I think by tomorrow night, we'll have more clarity up till Tuesday night or so (but not specifics on rainfall etc)

17 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Apple weather app is lovely will be going off that thanks

My apple weather has looked like this for the past week so i have also been going off that 🫡

IMG_9609.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AdrianH said:

The good: temperatures look like staying pretty reasonable. The bad: The Atlantic trough looks primed to keep spitting out shallow low pressure systems in our direction.

Nothing nailed down as yet though. I think by tomorrow night, we'll have more clarity up till Tuesday night or so (but not specifics on rainfall etc)

Oh well we've had one good week since start of May at least. 

It's actually a much better run as we don't end up with the low pressure sat over us for days on end. Low pressure is uncomfortably close but if it goes north, we'll end up on the dry/warm side for the weekend

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AdrianH said:

It's actually a much better run as we don't end up with the low pressure sat over us for days on end. Low pressure is uncomfortably close but if it goes north, we'll end up on the dry/warm side for the weekend

I appreciate that's the golden question and probably unanswerable, but how likely is that? 

16 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I'm very much used to this feeling - I'm able to deal with utter disappointment easily now.

I'm a Leeds United fan. 

haha, same. 4 Finals attended, 4 defeats, no goals scored.
Business as usual. 🙂