The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

… With a massively heavy table and wooden table that have to be lifted off a trailer by crane you don’t want that getting stuck … not suprised he was warned … nothing to see here . I helped last year and I wouldn’t want to be risking that on anything slightly damp 

Ah man, I've wanted to treat myself to a rainkiss poncho for years but keep putting it off. Now I'm finally wanting to go for it, it's too late for delivery before I set off on the pilgrimage on Monday. I'm so sorry everyone, it's all my fault, I should have bought it!

5 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Ah man, I've wanted to treat myself to a rainkiss poncho for years but keep putting it off. Now I'm finally wanting to go for it, it's too late for delivery before I set off on the pilgrimage on Monday. I'm so sorry everyone, it's all my fault, I should have bought it!

Literally seam sealing my waterproof coat now. 

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"Don't drive over there its too soft you'll get stuck"

"Not muddy but it was definitely soft".

Really really bad news only 6 days out, with rain tomorrow aswell.

Its time to panic. 

Pathetic 😄

16 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Try Ann's Cottage! https://annscottage.com/

https://www.annscottage.com/collections/womens-jackets?page=1

They do next day delivery!

Edited by eatingglitter

2 hours ago, sonicforest? said:

I need to stop checking this thread in the morning ffs. What were the runs saying at this stage this time last year? 

It's completely irrelevant what another year was saying at this point.

30 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

You’ve just reminded me I wanted to get one so I’ve made the rain sacrifice for you 🤣 found a shop called Izzi of Baslow that does next day delivery in case that helps you too 🤞 we don’t need them tho 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"Don't drive over there its too soft you'll get stuck"

"Not muddy but it was definitely soft".

Really really bad news only 6 days out, with rain tomorrow aswell.

Its time to panic. 

Do enjoy year after year how much Nal gets under peoples skins. Everybody knows he’s gonna do it and yet people still get furious. Great bit.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Speaking of names, I’ve rediscovered Ommadawn, what a brilliant album it is! 

I agree. I'm a big fan of Mike Oldfield. Shame he's not producing music any more.

4 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

Don't like what your app is saying? Believe the positivity on here.

Don't like how the trends are looking? Believe what your phone is telling you.

What could possibly go wrong if people filter their information sources to those that agree with what they want to hear?

1 minute ago, Beaver89 said:

What could possibly go wrong if people filter their information sources to those that agree with what they want to hear?

That is why we have @The Nal to provide balance. We pick the good bits out of the forecast and dismiss everything that we don’t want as an outlier. He will pick all of the apocalyptic bits and dismiss the good bits 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Do any of the models even have a clue? Using the BBC as an example, it's changed twice this morning already.

Dress for all weathers.

image.thumb.png.319f4e0dd4af5dc4c456ce51e70b9f15.png

40 minutes ago, eatingglitter said:

Typical! I just panick bought a bog standard poncho off amazon prime to make sure it got here without checking for other stockists....

Hopefully I've done my bit just in time for the next run...