Ways of keeping / displaying old bands / bags / merch??

Dizzy2012

I’ve always thought there must be a good way of displaying or otherwise keeping old festival bands and bags etc? I have over 10 years worth of wristbands, tote bags, guardian bags, tickets etc and would love for them to be displayed rather than in a box in the loft… does anyone have any ideas or pictures for inspo??

xx

there was a stall this year with a load of glasto scenes made into wooden xmas tree babules with a hole at the top designed for you to put your wristband through to hang from the tree. meant to go back and get some and completely forgot.

i've got all my old glasto bands on my keyring, a dab of superglue has kept them all together since 2013.

2 hours ago, tom22 said:

there was a stall this year with a load of glasto scenes made into wooden xmas tree babules with a hole at the top designed for you to put your wristband through to hang from the tree. meant to go back and get some and completely forgot.

i've got all my old glasto bands on my keyring, a dab of superglue has kept them all together since 2013.

Aw wish I’d seen this - they’d have made a fortune off me!

I now realise I also have my kids t shirts from previous years that, unlike us, they’ll never fit in again… have to get creative with boring picture frames

key ring is a good idea. I also saw one lady who had kind of folded each wristband into a little shape and pinned them over a hat!

4 hours ago, tom22 said:

Do you perchance remember the name?

Some excellent ideas - I love your wife's skirt, @sprocketrocket ! Gives me ideas for a patchwork cloak/wrap from multicoloured Guardian bags. I do try to use them for shopping but I have loads, and some designs look kind of weird to wear in the 'real' world 😆. I thought the one this year with a black background was a nice touch and will probably get more use from me.

• 1 year later...

I've just had this made by our local Turkish clothes repair guy.  I think he was quite pleased to be using his skills to make something from scratch rather than mending stuff.  Required 9 tote bags to make it.  Very pleased with it! 

PXL_20241002_093205047.jpg

PXL_20241002_093219016.MP.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, timbrass said:

I've just had this made by our local Turkish clothes repair guy.  I think he was quite pleased to be using his skills to make something from scratch rather than mending stuff.  Required 9 tote bags to make it.  Very pleased with it! 

That's bloody brilliant! 

When you no longer require it, the Oxfam festival shop would snap your arm off, if you felt generous! 

7 hours ago, timbrass said:

That is insanely well executed. It's like a couture garment on couture tablets - on speed (maybe acid, even!). That man's phenomenal skills are wasted on repairs, if that's his main stock of business. 

Would it be possible for you to provide (publicly here, or via a DM) the name, address, etc of such a talented tailor?