Poll: Should they ban flags?

maelzoid

Should they ban flags>?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Should they ban flags?

• Yes - While an act is performing, flags should be banned from the field.
    • No - I don't care if people cannot see an act, it adds to the vibes.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i had a quick look to see if I could do it as a mod but cant see a function ( ive returned to this today to give iggy a hand as its hard keeping up with the site at the moment ) 

In fairness we can already see the result is about 50/50. So I think that means the compromise would be pretty popular. 

Just now, mario man said:

100% this. I'm sure banning them from front of sound desks may reduce numbers as well

Yep totally. It’s very selfish to push your way to the front with something that blocks the views of others behind. But if you want to stand back a bit, not obstruct and add to the vibes - go for it. 

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

And before people vote they should have a look at this from next to the disabled viewing platform. Where flags in the pit created a wall you could not see through. 

It is not fair people without the physical (or mental) ability to get down the front cannot see. 

C96EC670-36D4-47FF-9062-18CCEEB2555B.jpeg

Yeah but those people holding their flags down the front had a great view.

54 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

i had a quick look to see if I could do it as a mod but cant see a function ( ive returned to this today to give iggy a hand as its hard keeping up with the site at the moment ) 

Could you as a mod lock this poll and start one that has options such as:

1. Total ban on flags during acts 

2. Some restrictions to help those further back, on disabled platforms and without physical/mental ability to go down the front see some of the stage (eg. no flags in the pit, and one flag per pole)

3. Flags everywhere - I like vibes and don't care if others can't see

As I don't think many of us actually want total bans.

Edited by strummer77

The one and only chance I ever had to see The Rolling Stones and I did not *see* The Rolling Stones. How do I feel about this? Imagine you're in a room with a dimmer switch and you want the lights off, and the other person wants the lights on. So their compromise is to put the dimmer switch halfway. Which means the lights are on. Anyway, I've wanged on about this enough in another thread. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Could you as a mod lock this poll and start one that has options such as:

1. Total ban on flags during acts 

2. Some restrictions to help those further back, on disabled platforms and without physical/mental ability to go down the front see some of the stage (eg. no flags in the pit, and one flag per pole)

3. Flags everywhere - I like vibes and don't care if others can't see

As I don't think many of us actually want total bans.

done